• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any local shops in MA do Titanium Nitride coating ?

I was looking to class up some of my steel framed guns. Hoping to find a shop in MA that could get the job done. I would consider Cerakoting it if all else fails.

I was out hunting bear this past weekend with my 9mm and bagged several(50 OR SO). Figured that gun deserved a new dress. And don't we all want a "golden gun" ?

Last edited:
Try 1776 Gunsmithing in Walpole. They definitely do Cerakoting, unsure about TI, so ask and see what they can do for you.

Had something called hard hat coating by Severns custom put on 2ea 1911s. Crazy durable compared to my cerakoted guns. Black only though.

I prefer hard chrome. Walther tried Titanium coating on some P99's and many complaints ensued about the damaged finish later on.

TiN - Never thought about it before, but nearly 1/4 the hardness of Diamond (VH2400 per wikipedia above) and 25% greater modulus than A36 steel... Sounds durable!

I have to cut stainless all day at work . Tin coating on the end mills stands up.
The problem you'll find is a shop with a FFl.

I forget the company but they sell a custom glock with the barrel and other parts coated with it .
Noir had a video on the gun.

My brother is getting married and I'm debating send some parts out for a ak build for him. I'm trying to find a shop that has a FFl with no luck.

One of my Vendors does Ti coating. I wonder what they would do for gun parts. As long as its not the frame I bet they would coat it. The coatings they have done only come out Gold.

TiN coating (NOT tin coating) involves vapor deposition, not something your average or advanced gun shop will do. Check out the info from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanium_nitride

The barrels on my fotays are TiN coated, and it is holding up nicely. One interesting thing is you can see a shadowy line midway down the barrel where the vapor from both ends met during the coating process.

I have been interested in this to. Lone Wolf will do it but im not sure if its on new barrels ordered through them or not. They only TiN coat once per month so its a 4-6 week turn around time.

Back
Top Bottom