• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any local CZ Gunsmiths?

Jconnor93

NES Member
I contacted Greg and he does not.

Any other suggestions around the south shore area?

Down the line I'd like to have the PRO package installed. I'm not small parts or Gunsmith inclined.

Steve at G&N Gunsmithing (rear portion of Gartman Arms in Wrentham) has done work on my CZ75 SP-01 tactical and my Shadow 2. He did CGW Pro packages in both of them (I provided the parts). Highly recommended.

Steve at G&N Gunsmithing (rear portion of Gartman Arms in Wrentham) has done work on my CZ75 SP-01 tactical and my Shadow 2. He did CGW Pro packages in both of them (I provided the parts). Highly recommended.

Did he just install the pro packages or did he also polish he parts?

I didn't have him polish it. I can't recall the exact prices, although the SP-01 was more because there are a lot more parts involved with the decocker as compared to the Shadow 2. For some reason $120 is sticking in my head but I'm not 100% on that.

The Pro package on the SP-01 immediately turned a great gun into a phenomenal gun. It's my go-to for the range, such a sweet shooter. I like the S2 too but it doesn't do it for me like the SP-01 does.

OP, I think I was communicating w/ you on Reddit's /r/MAGuns (same subject). I think the $120 is probably correct number for my Shadow 2 (think I tossed my receipt).

Yup, you are!

That seems standard then across the board ccsarms quoted me $130, they'd be able to polish it as well. Still waiting to hear back from G&N.

Just talked to Nick, I'm going for the defensive carry package, polish job and night sites. I'm planning to bring the CZ up Saturday, Nick says he loves working on CZ's.
Awesome. You'll have to report back for an update.

Is that with labor?
I believe so.

From their FB page:
CZ 75, SP01, P01, 75 compact or PCR:
Pro package: $426 installed
Defensive package: $338 installed
CZ P07 / P09 Pro package - $366 installed

Polishing is included in complete kit installs. Other services are available. If you have a goal for your CZ in mind, we can build a tailored package for you!
Other services:
- Complete polish of internals - $60. We will go through and make sure your cz is as smooth as can be. Includes slide rails.
- Bushing upgrade - $108 installed

Roughly the same as cgw's actual pricing, that's pretty good.

I've been looking at polishing videos myself. Some guys say just the trigger bar, another said some of the other moving parts can be polished up too

I added some Cajun parts and did some polish work on most of my CZ's Its not too bad. But there are some small parts and its not as simple as a Glock... So if you are not mechanically inclined, pass it off to a pro.

I did watch vids and read up a lot.

I added some Cajun parts and did some polish work on most of my CZ's Its not too bad. But there are some small parts and its not as simple as a Glock... So if you are not mechanically inclined, pass it off to a pro.

I did watch vids and read up a lot.

I think my biggest fear was the sear cage, but it doesn't seem as bad after seeing a few bids

I think my biggest fear was the sear cage, but it doesn't seem as bad after seeing a few bids

It was not too bad... a pin punch makes a good slave pin. The lifter arm spring is tiny and super thin. So be careful not to have it pop out uncontrolled and place it someplace you can find it.

Funny story (not at the time) I took my SP-01 apart for the first time and heard a "ting" figured a part dropped, looked at all the pieces and saw I was missing a spring for the right side safety. Looked at the exploded parts diagram and saw there was a spring. Crap, on my hands and knees for an hour. Turns out on the SP-01, there is no spring on that side... Don't know what the noise was from, but it was not from a phantom spring... And I will never get that hour back..

just got back from dropping off my CZ75BD and my P-01 Omega at NH guns and ammo. I went wild, went for the whole package.
P-01 Omega
Cajun Omega kit/$220.0
Cajun barrel bushing/$70.0
Truglo TFX Pro sights/$139
Polish job/$100.0
SS guide rod/$22.0
reduced power spring/$6.00
$560.0
CZ 75BD
Cajun decocker pro package/$269.0
Barrel bushing/$70.0
Truglo TFX Pro sights/$139.0
Polish job/$100.0
SS guide rod/$22.0
Recoil spring/$6.00
$606.0
Hopefully pick them up next Friday.
Will report back after range time.
Go big or go home!

just got back from dropping off my CZ75BD and my P-01 Omega at NH guns and ammo. I went wild, went for the whole package.
P-01 Omega
Cajun Omega kit/$220.0
Cajun barrel bushing/$70.0
Truglo TFX Pro sights/$139
Polish job/$100.0
SS guide rod/$22.0
reduced power spring/$6.00
$560.0
CZ 75BD
Cajun decocker pro package/$269.0
Barrel bushing/$70.0
Truglo TFX Pro sights/$139.0
Polish job/$100.0
SS guide rod/$22.0
Recoil spring/$6.00
$606.0
Hopefully pick them up next Friday.
Will report back after range time.
Go big or go home!

Niiice! Definitely buy once cry once lol.

Thanks a lot for the mention and giving us a shot. You wont be disappointed. For anyone else, or cgw parts...I charge the price the shown on cajun gunworks website and the labor is free for any parts bought from us. The only labor I charge is for the polish job as that is a bit of time. Here's some previous work.

Attachments

• IMG_20180515_100223_284.jpg
    IMG_20180515_100223_284.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20180606_140634_713.jpg
    IMG_20180606_140634_713.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20180531_090756_298.jpg
    IMG_20180531_090756_298.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20180503_203433_340.jpg
    IMG_20180503_203433_340.jpg