Any license renewals since Maura's become Gov?

I assume the PD doesn't generate a MIRCS receipt, the FRB does it once the PD submits your paperwork? How does the applicant get the receipt from them?

My wife is dragging her feet and her LTC expires in 2mo :rolleyes:

I assume the PD doesn't generate a MIRCS receipt, the FRB does it once the PD submits your paperwork? How does the applicant get the receipt from them?

it’s done via mircs right at the PD. another words, when you renew the licensing officer should hand you a mircs receipt that’s produced by the system. it literally takes them 5 minutes 🤣

ETA: of course there are shitty PD’s that don’t do these on the fly even if you have an appointment but that’s a whole other story…. but even with that bullshit, they should get you a receipt within a few days.

You can run a validation on the portal showing your license is still valid, it took six months for my renewals All done through the mail, no appointment and that was for a MG and LTC.

The wait should only be a concern for new applicants, renewals should know better if it is a concern

My PD mailed my receipt to me. And I renewed very close to my expiration date

Provided you have a MIRCS receipt dated before your expiration, yes.
It's now a "DCJIS" receipt according to the header, but, yes.

My PD mailed my receipt to me. And I renewed very close to my expiration date
Mine handed it to me the day they took my picture and prints (two days after I handed in the application).

Mine handed it to me the day they took my picture dan prints (two days after I handed in the application).
Never stepped foot in the PD, they used my old photos, Mailed my apps from town PO on a Thursday, had my receipts in the mail box on Monday

It's now a "DCJIS" receipt according to the header, but, yes.

Mine handed it to me the day they took my picture and prints (two days after I handed in the application).
Thanks for the correction. DCJIS is the responsible party, MIRCS is their tool. You're right, the receipt will say DCJIS at the top.

IMine handed it to me the day they took my picture and prints (two days after I handed in the application).
If they're not doing all of this at once you're basically being abused. My PD may be a pain in the ass to get an appointment but at least when you do it's one shot.

Also let me get this straight you actually got fingerprinted again on a renewal? Or was this a new ltc app?

No. It's been radio silence since I dropped the paperwork off to the PD.
At a very minimum I would call them up and basically ask for the receipt at least. Making people drop off paperwork but not get a receipt is a shit town thing. Also in some cases the PD can even email you the thing and you can just print it out. (My dad got his receipt this way).

If they're not doing all of this at once you're basically being abused. My PD may be a pain in the ass to get an appointment but at least when you do it's one shot.

Also let me get this straight you actually got fingerprinted again on a renewal? Or was this a new ltc app?
It was a pretty clean process. I handed my renewal application to the desk officer and he made the picture / prints appointment right then, for 2 days out. Then, when I went to get the pic/prints done, that officer handed me the receipt without my needing to ask.

And, yup, new picture and new prints for a straight-up renewal 6 months before the old one expired. I've been fingerprinted every time I've renewed over the past 42 years. That said, they couldn't get the system to take my wife's prints the last time she renewed, so they eventually gave up and said they'd use her old ones, so it appears to be optional on their part.

Back
Top Bottom