Any LEOs out there want a job in a really nice Vermont town?

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
I live in the next town over, Starksboro. Moved from MA a few years back and you could not PAY me to go back. So if we've got any LEOs out there who want to move to Vermont, take a look at this.

Bristol Police Chief Position
Valerie Capels • [email protected] • Town Administrator, Bristol
Job opening
Police Chief
Bristol, Vermont

The Town of Bristol is seeking a Chief of Police to lead a 3-person Police Department. Bristol (pop. 3,894) is a steadily growing, vibrant community located in the Champlain Valley in Addison County, Vermont.

The Police Chief is the face of the Bristol Police Department and is expected to direct and manage all operations of the Department to ensure the protection of life and property and the prevention and suppression of crime. This salaried, exempt position is considered a "working" Chief, taking an active part in the law enforcement duties and patrols, working closely with residents, businesses, schools, emergency services/emergency management, and other local, county, and state law enforcement agencies. The Department is in the process of negotiating a 3-year Agreement between the Town and New England Police Benevolent Association Local 421.

A detailed job description is available at www.bristolvt.org. Salary: $55,000 to $65,000 commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package. The hiring process will include initial screening with a 5-member hiring committee and one or more public interviews with the Selectboard.

To apply, please e-mail a confidential cover letter, resume, and three references to [email protected] with Bristol Police Chief Search in the subject line or send to:

Bristol Police Chief Search
PO Box 249
Bristol, VT 05443

Deadline to apply is Friday, April 6, 2018. The Town of Bristol is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

That would be a pretty sweet gig. Gotta work in to the contract a Creme stand stipend.

I live in the next town over, Starksboro. Moved from MA a few years back and you could not PAY me to go back. So if we've got any LEOs out there who want to move to Vermont, take a look at this.

Bristol Police Chief Position
Valerie Capels • [email protected] • Town Administrator, Bristol
Job opening
Police Chief
Bristol, Vermont

The Town of Bristol is seeking a Chief of Police to lead a 3-person Police Department. Bristol (pop. 3,894) is a steadily growing, vibrant community located in the Champlain Valley in Addison County, Vermont.

The Police Chief is the face of the Bristol Police Department and is expected to direct and manage all operations of the Department to ensure the protection of life and property and the prevention and suppression of crime. This salaried, exempt position is considered a "working" Chief, taking an active part in the law enforcement duties and patrols, working closely with residents, businesses, schools, emergency services/emergency management, and other local, county, and state law enforcement agencies. The Department is in the process of negotiating a 3-year Agreement between the Town and New England Police Benevolent Association Local 421.

A detailed job description is available at www.bristolvt.org. Salary: $55,000 to $65,000 commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package. The hiring process will include initial screening with a 5-member hiring committee and one or more public interviews with the Selectboard.

To apply, please e-mail a confidential cover letter, resume, and three references to [email protected] with Bristol Police Chief Search in the subject line or send to:

Bristol Police Chief Search
PO Box 249
Bristol, VT 05443

Deadline to apply is Friday, April 6, 2018. The Town of Bristol is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

Namedpipes, this has you written all over it

Heh. I think there are 3 cops on the force. I know 1 by sight and another one pretty well - Lodge Brother and he was also the DJ at Luv2Bfree and my wedding.

Back
Top Bottom