• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any lefty pistol recommendations?

I think the only pistol I ever shot that didn’t seem lefty friendly was Beretta 92fs. It was long ago, I don’t remember why it didn’t seem to work for me. Never had any problems with any other pistols. Although for 1911s you want an ambidextrous safety.

NES will provide

Only issue I had with an ambi safety on a pistol (1911) was that maybe 3-4 x over many years when out in public, I’d find that the safety lever had been pushed down somehow. I’d guess either entering or exiting the car caused that.

Wasn’t a big deal, click it back up thru your shirt without anyone noticing.

Just something to be aware of with an ambi safety and SAO.

Lol, what?

A predominance to use my left hand for everyday tasks such as writing, eating, gripping, cutting, and manipulating hand tools and I’m NOT a lefty?!? All this time I didn’t have to write over bindings and suffer the silver surfer curse and I had no idea!!?!
Well, shit!
You do all that other righty stuff! Lol

I think the only pistol I ever shot that didn’t seem lefty friendly was Beretta 92fs. It was long ago, I don’t remember why it didn’t seem to work for me. Never had any problems with any other pistols. Although for 1911s you want an ambidextrous safety.
Funny you say that, my first 1911 I learned to just hit the safety with my trigger finger on the way to the trigger. Years later picked up another with a ambi safety ,never use it! All I can say is if what ever anyone chooses when dealing with RH pistols shooting LH is if it does not “feel” right or “come easy” < i dont know a way to say it better. Try a different platform.
All in all I think if I was to “re learn “ I might just have went righty with handguns

... Don’t make it complicated, just make sure he trains a bit with you and watch his finger/mag drop to make any corrections until he’s kind of fluid and understands wth he’s doing. You can conduct this unloaded in your kitchen or whatever. It’s just finger to button reps and swapping mags.
My reputation precedes me.
[angry]
I always suspected there were a bunch of lefty’s hiding on NES
2c3701e1a48e96137631df2af5fefc90.png

... The only real issue is safetys like 1911’s can be cumbersome if not ambi. Mag release is index or middle finger, slide stop is right middle finger over the top.
[shocked]
73-05-19.png

I also have an old Sig 516 with ambi controls for mag release and I don’t like it on the left side at all. Interferes with the bolt catch for me (as in if I’m not looking right at it I don’t know what button my finger is pressing) and I should be able to use those controls without looking at them but they’re too close together.
<Clatter> noise in 3...2...1... - join the club!

If you're interested in the CZ line of things - The Omega series has ambi controls - safety or decocker options. Some pistols have ambi safety options as well. The P-01 Compact Omega is the only steel frame compact with ambi options.

H&K P30SK. Ambi safety, mag release and slide release. Double/Single action, de-cocker is easy enough to reach with either thumb. Shoots great, interchangeable grip panels, solid performer. I wanted a really safe first gun for my wife, this fit the bill.

Or go with a revolver.

Back
Top Bottom