any interests not firearms related?

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm researching places out west to move to.
My wife's coworker is always sending pics of central Oregon. Looks beautiful, and it's far out of the tsunami zone, though maybe still in the earthquake zone. We love the Pacific Northwest after visiting recently. Wish I hadn't heard about the subduction zone.

Terrys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I enjoy working on and restoring ‘61 - ’67 Honda CB77 Superhawk motorcycles. There’s always something to do bringing old parts back to life and bringing the bits together to resurrect a wreck. I’m presently building up a ‘62 and two from ‘66. Wish I had welding and machining skills though.

Bodhisattva

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful pictures...per one of my interests, that center picture...is that the ruins of an old mine?
Thanks, I get lucky sometimes. And yes, it is an abandoned mine. A lot of the trails out west (almost all), exist due to mining. SW Colorado has a lot of abandoned mines. Most of them that I went near in UT were blocked due to it being too dangerous to enter.

Sulfur mike just north of Arches NP
3AF06452-31DE-43C1-9DBD-096FC23C6162.jpeg

Dino foot print in Canyonlands NP
5D993D22-687E-4D89-8282-366FF7BEF8AA.jpeg

Large house that’s part of a Ghost Town near Zion NP
9E62E55F-E2FB-4127-9870-B26A763B1BD7.jpeg

Petroglyphs near our fire pit near Canyonlands NP.
0DC3F763-874E-4CAE-BB4D-EB995A0DAA60.jpeg

Been fortunate to have been able to travel to some cool places and seen some amazing things. Really looking forward to getting out to Utah and running the actual Pony Express Trail and Hole In The Rock trail that early Mormon pioneers used to get to the Colorado River after being run out of Utah. Not to mention more time in SW Colorado, that’s my personal heaven!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I am a history nerd or geek, I play wargames as a hobby. My fav is a game my late wife gave me a few years ago, Bitter Woods, about the battle of the bulge in Dec.44. My latest game is on he battle of Iwo Jima in Feb.45.Bitter Woods.jpgIwo.jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Motorcycling. Playing with my daughters. Off roading. (although I don't do it as much as I want to. If I brake something I have to pay for it) working on my yard.

Cowgirlup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gardening, reading, gym (usually). I used to have a lot of hobbies. I lost interest when I didn't have the time.
I took advantage of the snow cover to keep the ticks down and break out my small chainsaw and chop down some trees and brush.
There is a spring that runs onto our property and I also took advantage of the snow to trace it back to the source.

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Fun lawn game where you throw bean bags through a hole in wooden "boards" similar to horseshoes. Throw in the bbq and beer it's a good time! Yea the axes should be fun to get the hang of.
Lol. Read it too quick. Thought you had combined axe-throwing with cornhole...

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks, I get lucky sometimes. And yes, it is an abandoned mine. A lot of the trails out west (almost all), exist due to mining. SW Colorado has a lot of abandoned mines. Most of them that I went near in UT were blocked due to it being too dangerous to enter.

Sulfur mike just north of Arches NP
View attachment 341925

Dino foot print in Canyonlands NP
View attachment 341926

Large house that’s part of a Ghost Town near Zion NP
View attachment 341927

Petroglyphs near our fire pit near Canyonlands NP.
View attachment 341928

Been fortunate to have been able to travel to some cool places and seen some amazing things. Really looking forward to getting out to Utah and running the actual Pony Express Trail and Hole In The Rock trail that early Mormon pioneers used to get to the Colorado River after being run out of Utah. Not to mention more time in SW Colorado, that’s my personal heaven!
Amazing stuff (and pics). I have seen petroglyphs in Arizona when I visit a friend out near Phoenix. They are all over the place out there in the mountains. Old mines are one of my fascinations...there are actually quite a few in NH if you know where to look and have old maps and information. Many of the mines were Mica mines and one of them ended up supplying Beryllium used in the Manhattan Project. That mine is now privately owned as a "hobby" mine. The previous owner would allow me to go in but the new owner has it pretty much off limits now. Bummer because it was a great place to find some interesting and quite rare mineral specimens.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Old age and severe arthritis in several key areas has brought virtually all of my former hobbies/pastimes to a halt. My last remaining hobby, shooting, is getting more difficult to enjoy and I find myself doing less centerfire and more rimfire shooting when I do get to the range (now closed)[frown]. I have thought of trying to get back into photography, although it could be a slow learning curve since I am somewhat technologically challenged. At least I can still drive, and do enjoy every trip, long or short, in my '17 Mustang GT California Special convertible! [smile]

To all the folks that are physically able to do anything they want, I say do it now, do it often and enjoy life, old age creeps up awfully fast.

Stryker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
As I am a history nerd or geek, I play wargames as a hobby. My fav is a game my late wife gave me a few years ago, Bitter Woods, about the battle of the bulge in Dec.44. My latest game is on he battle of Iwo Jima in Feb.45.View attachment 341956View attachment 341957
We used to play a lot of games before everyone grew up and mostly moved out - now that my middle son is home from college until the fall will probably ramp that up - only historical one we have is twilight struggle which is decent but takes a good part of the day to play. Will check out the ones you mentioned.

jasonj84

NES Member
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Motorcycles, dirtbikes, hiking, seeing how long I can do the elliptical while listening to the the whole album South of Heaven by Slayer, and shitposting on NES.

I did panic buy an X Box 1 X thinking that eventually I will be housebound.
I panic bought an Oculus Quest VR headset. I threw my back out Tuesday night playing VR tennis, LOL.

Junior314

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've used this work from home time to build a few skills up and planning on getting some projects done. So far here is what I have planned.

-Pulled the HAM radio out of the box and started programming it. Still don't quite understand everything.
-Bought the proper equipment to sharpen my hatchet(s) and kitchen knives
-Cleaned up some brush last weekend and burned it. Planning on doing the same this weekend.
-Finally going to build the raised vegetable garden bed as well this weekend.
-Stack of books I would like to get through. Currently reading about airborne operations during WW2
-Will probably pull some of the lesser used firearms out of the safe to give them a once over/cleaning.

Curious what everyone else is doing to pass the time?

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I enjoy working on and restoring ‘61 - ’67 Honda CB77 Superhawk motorcycles. There’s always something to do bringing old parts back to life and bringing the bits together to resurrect a wreck. I’m presently building up a ‘62 and two from ‘66. Wish I had welding and machining skills though.
When picking up a karma I've seen one of Terrys' projects and it looked amazing!

Skysoldier

Forum Curmudgeon
NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i still have my pong game i got for xmas when i was 14. complete with box. i'm 67 now. there's no reason why it shouldn't work, just have to figure how to set it up using usb ports. in the day it used the uhf antenna screws which i don't think my 65" panasonic has. but it'd be cool to see it work in hd on a large screen. [laugh]
The resolution of that game is pure crap, so even if you feed it in, it is still going to be crap.[rofl][rofl]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll Do true BBQ. Low and slow with a mellow Applewood smoke.
Camping in the summer
Yard sales and antiques (loved antiques since I was a kid)
But the rest of my time off its 99% guns and weapons.
I'm mostly a one trick pony. I should have been a dealer but never did it. I always have the questions no one can answer, and talk guns and gun parts for hours with the right guys.
When I go to functions I stand alone because I have nothing in common with anybody else in the room.

I have been self-quarantining my whole life.

RC

Top Bottom