any interests not firearms related?

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Pc and console gaming since the days of Nintendo
i still have my pong game i got for xmas when i was 14. complete with box. i'm 67 now. there's no reason why it shouldn't work, just have to figure how to set it up using usb ports. in the day it used the uhf antenna screws which i don't think my 65" panasonic has. but it'd be cool to see it work in hd on a large screen. [laugh]

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Playing music (Bass, acoustic guitar, keys, trombone), fly fishing, backpacking, canoeing, bicycling, shooting, reloading, restoring and repairing instrument amps (particularly vintage ones), ham radio (over 50 years), motorcycle riding, exploring abandoned towns, photography, history, geology, amateur archaeology.

In my spare time, I go to work.

Last edited:

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i still have my pong game i got for xmas when i was 14. complete with box. i'm 67 now. there's no reason why it shouldn't work, just have to figure how to set it up using usb ports. in the day it used the uhf antenna screws which i don't think my 65" panasonic has. but it'd be cool to see it work in hd on a large screen. [laugh]
does your tv have a coaxial antenna input port? If so, just get one of these RCA connector to F adapter

View: https://www.amazon.com/VCE-2-Pack-Coaxial-Adapter-Connector/dp/B01N80QQ1F/ref=sr_1_16?keywords=rca+to+adapter&qid=1585219374&sr=8-16

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Was going to play golf this week, but then it snowed. Supposed to be in the fifty's the next few days. Hoping to find a course that's open near me.
i played for a couple years. i sucked at it. my buddies called me "iron man" cause i'd heave whatever iron i just mis-hit into the woods.

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
does your tv have a coaxial antenna input port? If so, just get one of these RCA connector to F adapter

View: https://www.amazon.com/VCE-2-Pack-Coaxial-Adapter-Connector/dp/B01N80QQ1F/ref=sr_1_16?keywords=rca+to+adapter&qid=1585219374&sr=8-16
you know, it may! yeah, electronics not a strong point, thanks for the heads up, i'm gonna check it out and maybe i can get that up and running.

when i got that game i thought it was the coolest thing ever. no wonder we got a man on the moon.

edited: spelling not a strong point either apparently

Last edited:

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
you know, it may! yeah, electronis not a stong point, thanks for the heads up, i'm gonna check it out and maybe i can get that up and running.

when i got that game i thought it was the coolest thing ever. no wonder we got a man on the moon.
just get the connector's sex correct, depending on what coaxial cables you have lying around

capewalk

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm "essential" and still working so I don't have any more free time than usual. I've always had more than a few hobbies but recently I've been leaning on these two. I've been a ham radio operator since 1987. The particular area of the hobby that has always held my interest is currently experiencing it's heyday. It's something I can listen to as I enjoy my newest hobby, leatherworking.

GiveMeLiberty

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mostly playing music and tinkering with old machinery. Was hoping for a 2 week vacation to do some of that, but those windows won't glaze themselves...

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tying trout flies . . . or at least that 's what their supposed to be . . . [coffee]
I do a little fly tying but my younger brother is a fly tying monster and he gives me his cast offs (no pun intended). They still catch fish so it's a win for me. I have the whole tying setup but rarely use it. I love catching those native little brookies.

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
In no particular order:

• Cigars - I average about two a week.
  • Bourbon, gin, and craft beer (why the hell do all IPAs taste like OJ recently??)
  • Coffee!
  • Cars. I used to race occasionally when I had my Miata but now I just like driving for the hell of it and enjoying the turbo.
  • Hiking - I got too lazy for it for a few years but now I have a dog and he gets me outside once again.
  • Photography - used to do it a lot, need to get back into it without spending thousands.
  • House projects - not sure if that's a hobby, more like a necessity.
  • Skiing, although it's silly expensive nowadays so I don't go often.
  • Traveling, though this is primarily driven by my wife. In the last few years we've gone to ~20 states and several European countries.
  • Would love to get into fishing, gardening, and woodworking.
If anyone wants to hang out on Skype or something and shoot the shit, let me know. Getting stir crazy over here, definitely taking a smoke break this afternoon or tomorrow.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honey do list .....retired, but been busy looking after my 94 yo dad
house projects...... see above
sister is out of work and home so she is handling dad for now
scale modeling (aircraft mainly) gives me time alone. Wife hasnt got the patience

Brook Trout

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I make things.
Professional cabinetmaker for over 40 years. Very well equipped woodworking shop in my barn. Its not just a job, I love it.
Machinist - several South Bend lathes, Bridgeport mill, horizontal mill, all the various tools associated with machining in the garage.
Fishing - small brook trout to trolling for lake trout.
Collect tools, old Johnson boat motors,
Restore fine period antique furniture.
Been building a second home in Vermont for 20 years.
Shooting - target and plinking on the Vt property. Was a pretty good skeet shooter 25 years ago.
Gardening is a new interest.
Need to learn to weld.
Too many to list, ready to retire - I have no problem staying busy and can make money pretty easily if I have to - but I don't anymore.

Top Bottom