• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any interest in a Utah Concealed firearm permit class in Rhode Island?

Hello everyone!

My name is Jim Reynolds and I am a Utah certified concealed firearm permit instructor. I am going to be in Providence, RI in late August/early September. I was wondering if there is any interest in conducting a Utah concealed firearm permit class. The Utah permit is one of the most widely accepted permits in the U.S.

The class runs about 6 hours, and is all classroom lecture. There is no shooting requirement. The cost of the class is $79.95. If those that are interested would express their interest here, I can gauge how many people would attend.

It looks like if I'm able to put this together, it would be on a Friday evening. Probably from 6-11pm, give or take. Our class is normaly a 6 hour class so I'm trying to squeeze it into 5 hours so as to not keep everyone up past their bed time . Unfortunately, with my schedule for that week in Providence, Friday evening is the only time that I can do it........

What are everyone's thoughts on a Friday evening class?

I'd be interested, as I don't think there are any other ones around here before then. It's the $80 plus the cost of the license (something like $65), right?

Correct. Our class is $79.95 and the permit fee is $65.25. You also need to submit a photo and prints.

I'd be up for this. The time and day of the week work for me, just let me know what date you'd like to do it so I don't plan anything else. You might also want to post this on the forum at www.cralri.com (it's a RI based concealed carry group).

I'm definitely interested! Would there be a certificate given after this course? I would like to use this for a Florida permit also? Thanks!

Excellent! Please keep me posted as to when/where it will be and if I need to register with you ahead of time. I don't want to miss out on this! Thanks!

As soon as I can secure a location, we'll post it. You'll be able to register ahead of time on our website.

I hope to have all of the registration info available very soon. Stand by for details. I will post as a new thread.

Back
Top Bottom