Any interest in a Utah CFP class in March 2010 in Rhode Island?

Hey everyone,

I have been asked a few times if I can make it back to RI to do another Utah concealed firearm permit class. As of right now, the earliest I could get back up there would be March 13, 2010.

I would just like to see a show of hands for how many folks would be interested. I'd need at least 20 students ideally but I can handle more.

I'm not all that familar with the various locations in RI. I did Providence last year and we had about 20 people....

suggestions?

I'd be interested as well as I'm only 15 minutes from Providence.

Not that I'm raining on anyone's parade, but I thought I read an article from Utah saying they were going to be cracking down on out of state licenses. Something about getting a bad reputation due to Reciprocity. Hopefully that didn't happen.

I think this course is a fantastic idea. Id on't know of any places in Providence that we can get a room to use, etc. Would a private home be out of the question? (serious question)

I'd be interested as well as I'm only 15 minutes from Providence.

Not that I'm raining on anyone's parade, but I thought I read an article from Utah saying they were going to be cracking down on out of state licenses. Something about getting a bad reputation due to Reciprocity. Hopefully that didn't happen.

No rain. Utah has cracked down on some instructors who were just rubberstamping apps and not actually teaching the course. The non-resident permit is still alive and well.

I think this course is a fantastic idea. Id on't know of any places in Providence that we can get a room to use, etc. Would a private home be out of the question? (serious question)

I prefer not to teach a public class in someone's home. Those who like to take smoke breaks, eat, drink, use the restroom, etc may not feel very comfortable in someone's home. I'd rather have a public location.

How long is the class good for? I mean, do I have to keep taking the class every five years or something, or is it once you've taken it and got some certificate, you're good?

You have to apply for your permit within one year of the class. When issued , the permit is good for 5 yrs and you must renew it after that.

Back
Top Bottom