• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any interest in 100 - 300 yard benchrest?

Would love to depending when/where. Got a new 300 WinMag that's begging to punish me for keeping her in the safe for far too long.....

Id love to. It's always awkward being a long shooter and holding the ar guys up while I run my fat butt down to 300 to pick up/place my targets. Power in numbers!

Well, I'm an ar guy, but I'd be running down there with you.

Sorry I didn't mean ar as in ar15 I meant the guys at my range who just want to shoot steel and don't put up targets

I hate calling a 10 minute cease fire on guys who just want to exercise their right to blast the stuffing outta metal

A guy PM'ed me the following question:

"I saw your post about benchrest shooting. Are you talking about legitimate benchrest type guns and matches or casual any guns shooting from a bench?"

My answer:

Both.
I have Savage .308 target rifle., Buddy of mine has the Ruger Precision Target. We have been playing around and gotten respectable groups in the .300's and .400's at 100 yards. We know there are guys out there that have better equip and better groups as well as others who whould just enjoy seeing what they can do with what they have. It would be cool to get a few clubs interested in a little fun competition and / or some sort of postal match.

Thoughts?

perhaps, depending on location

this stock-barrelled rem 700 PSS 308 (bedded/trued by me) is pretty respectable (.251" CTC on 5 shots)

rem700-252.jpg

same rifle, different ammo, 10 shot group.

20141116_124942_zpsd8ed032a.jpg

Interested, just about to finish my 6.5 Grendel build. I'm a member of Taunton Rifle and Pistol

So... Lets start thinking of a postal type match for 100 yards first.

Starting today 1/5 ending 1/30

no limit on number of groups shot or posted

Best 5 shot group and best 10 shot group to be awarded "All the Marbles" and bragging rights

I like the idea of pics of 5 shot groups and 10 shot groups posted here.
Center to center measurement
Type of gun
caliber
date of group(s)
weather conditions
It can be witnessed or not.

Best 5 shot group and best 10 shot group to be awarded "All the Marbles" and bragging rights

Type of gun
caliber
date of group(s)
weather conditions

I definitely don't own any rifles that will outshoot Jasper's rifles. Even if I did, I'm sure I would be the limiting factor in accuracy not the rifle[laugh]

Type of gun
caliber
date of group(s)
weather conditions

I will try to get out to the range on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom