• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any hope for things to get better in near future in MA?

There have been some 2A victories in the courts in recent times and I am wondering what the current prognosis for the immediate future is for MA for any possible improvements?

Thanks.

tsh77769
probably not directly in MA but as a result of SCOTUS and other court rulings it will get dragged along. We need a strong midterm showing.

The only way things will change in Mass will be when more than 50 percent of voters refuse to vote for democrats. And unless we demand in-person voting with a photo ID you might as well forget the whole thing. You stand a better chance of seeing Whoopi Goldberg win a beauty contest.

I'll buck the trend and be optimistic: be and effectuate the change.

Serious, overarching changes to the Mass gun scene, from my point of view as someone whose never lived there but keeps tabs on what's going on, is a non-starter. Ending the AWB. Disconnecting ownership from having a government permission slip. Removing the handgun "lists." Un-Fudding many clubs and gun owners. Those are by design, not defect.

What a motivated person can do, however, is focus on making small changes that give people something. Focus on smaller legislative bills - let's say Sunday hunting or clarifying ambiguous statutory language. Starting up a competitive shooting program. Working on educational outreach. Being a competent, respected instructor. Founding a college shooting program. Find something you're passionate about that's attainable and make it happen.

Chip in and help make the gun world a slightly better place.

Last edited by a moderator:
There have been some 2A victories in the courts in recent times and I am wondering what the current prognosis for the immediate future is for MA for any possible improvements?

Thanks.

tsh77769

I think the key word is "immediate". Courts, culture or whatever - as far as "immediate" goes...you can absolutely forget about improvement.

I think in the short term if there were favorable court rulings at a federal level, it would actually get worse here as the MA legislature tried to circumvent it statutorily.

Long term...the MA powers that be will have to be pulled kicking and screaming into SCOTUS ruling compliance.

"You don't need that modern sporting rifle! You just need good aim! My break action .243 has never failed me! Take that assault weapon down to the mandatory buyback! You don't need it! Join the NRA today to preserve your 2nd ammendmant rights!"

Those guys are slowly being put in the grave.

The real problem is people who don't understand the concept of natural rights. People who sincerely believe in needing government permission to do something. People who think the Constitution or government "gives" rights. People who think that it's ok to deny natural rights to people based on ethnicity, immigration status, etc. Those are the true Fudds.

Those guys are slowly being put in the grave.

The real problem is people who don't understand the concept of natural rights. People who sincerely believe in needing government permission to do something. People who think the Constitution or government "gives" rights. People who think that it's ok to deny natural rights to people based on ethnicity, immigration status, etc. Those are the true Fudds.
Couldn’t have said it better

020918healeyap.JPG

No........illegals are coming in and free thinking people are moving out.

The three large cities and high population in the east, and weirdo hippie liberals in the west, way overpower the Red part of Central MA as voting goes.
Even if the vote is fair and square, it will always be that way.

MA just solidifed licenses for illegals to create fake ballot harvesting to make sure it stays that way.

We are a one party only state, and the jerry mandering makes sure it stays that way as well.

Dyke Dimples is going to get in for Gov because of the four reasons above, and she will be the most lib, gun unfriendly, freedom taking Gov we've ever had.

Any SCOTUS action that free's people up from gun laws, will likely be reenacted by our legislature by state law and rubber stamped by her. Similar to the AWB we have here.

The die is cast, moving out is the only way to freedom. Vote with your feet, your written vote doesn't matter.

Last edited:
The country overall is getting better.

MA is not following the rest of the country.

If the AG becomes governor, expect that BS Assault Weapon letter to become law.

I also wouldn't put it past her to do something about online ammo sales rather than just threaten the pant sh*tters with unenforceable action.

And she will probably go after 80% receivers...I mean ghost guns.

Unless there is a good political reason, like maybe she doesn't give a f*ck about guns but it has all been a show to get her name out there, MA has a lot of potential to go full New York City on guns.

View attachment 583685

"You don't need that modern sporting rifle! You just need good aim! My break action .243 has never failed me! Take that assault weapon down to the mandatory buyback! You don't need it! Join the NRA today to preserve your 2nd ammendmant rights!"
Even if you unfudded every gun owner in this state......it wouldn't come close to beating the city scumbag voters

Last edited:
The country overall is getting better.

MA is not following the rest of the country.

If the AG becomes governor, expect that BS Assault Weapon letter to become law.

I also wouldn't put it past her to do something about online ammo sales rather than just threaten the pant sh*tters with unenforceable action.

And she will probably go after 80% receivers...I mean ghost guns.

Unless there is a good political reason, like maybe she doesn't give a f*ck about guns but it has all been a show to get her name out there, MA has a lot of potential to go full New York City on guns.
YUP

Back
Top Bottom