Any Hellcat fans?

Good carry option? Noticed they have one with an ambi thumb safety option. Loves muh thumb safeties. Anyone got one? Do you love it more than your beloved Glock 43xes?

I have the Hellcat Pro. For the money it is a great gun. Carries well, I haven't any issues with it other than it doesn't always lock back because of where the slide lock is.

I wouldn't get a thumb safety, no need for it since you still need to pull back the striker with the trigger

Good carry option? Noticed they have one with an ambi thumb safety option. Loves muh thumb safeties. Anyone got one? Do you love it more than your beloved Glock 43xes?

It's another (popular) striker fired handgun. Pick something that fits your hand and buy it.

I haven't seen a shit version with a safety on it yet, though. If I was that mentally hung up about needing a stupid safety lever i wouldn't carry a striker gun at all. Striker guns with safeties are dumb.

More of a Corsair fan myself.

Corsair01.jpg

So couple things

One make sure you run a light very hard to put the u on the front dot without it at night

2 good guns but i have large hands i don't feel comfortable drawing it

3 the finish sucks

3 months of carry in the florida winter...aka new england spring and ive rubbed the finish in a few spots

But it shoots real well for a micro

Have one, and I like it overall for CCW. Capacity is great, recoil is, well, expected for that size. I had a little problem with chambering my reloads (as compared to other guns I have), so I tweaked them and it works better now (only for training - I use commercial HP for carry).

However, you have to try it to se if the grip fits your hand. For me, it's pretty comfortable, but no where as nice as other guns I shoot. I get some pressure/discomfort from the trigger guard on the second joint of my middle finger.

I like the PPS for a tiny striker pistol, so my tastes are weird. Rented a Hellcat from Bud's and thought it was a great gun, better trigger than the glock. Just doesn't fit my meat mitts.

Looked at it and was considering it.

Bought a Mossberg MC2C instead, no optic and night sights, no safety for 320 bucks. 16 round free state capacity, when Im down south.
Its more in the compact market, but slimmer than a G19, still has a good grab handle, which i like. I don't like sub compacts. Made in USA and not Croatia.

Im not big on putting tv sets on my carry, so no optic cut is not a big deal, but they are available with the cut for about 100 bucks more. Still cheaper than a Hellcat or a Glock 48 which have less capacity.

Last edited:
The guy at the gun shop was trying to push me to get the Hellcat Pro and said it came with a promo 5 mags instead of 2. Does feel nice but I already have plenty of pistols in that size bracket. Wanted an ultra slim "high cap" nine with an optics cut the cool kids these days carry. Still wished there was something this small in DA/SA but I guess I'll have to go with a striker. The P30s are at the machine shop for a couple more months wait for the RMR cut and DLC coat so my safe was looking a little empty lol.

The guy at the gun shop was trying to push me to get the Hellcat Pro and said it came with a promo 5 mags instead of 2. Does feel nice but I already have plenty of pistols in that size bracket. Wanted an ultra slim "high cap" nine with an optics cut the cool kids these days carry. Still wished there was something this small in DA/SA but I guess I'll have to go with a striker. The P30s are at the machine shop for a couple more months wait for the RMR cut and DLC coat so my safe was looking a little empty lol.

The hellcat and hellcat pro are the same width

The hellcat and hellcat pro are the same width
Didn't want yet another gun designed for free state mag capacity where I could only go 10+1. I guess the Hellcat itself is 11+1 but losing one in a gun this tiny doesn't cuck me too hard. The Pro "should" hold 15. I was carrying pistols way larger than it needed to be relative to capacity.

I bought one last week. I actually wanted to buy a Glock 43x but they were out so I ended up looking at the sig 365 and Hellcat. I really liked the way the Hellcat felt in my hand and it seemed quick to aim. It's a great deal considering how many mags you get with it. That would be a small fortune in sig mags..

I bought one last week. I actually wanted to buy a Glock 43x but they were out so I ended up looking at the sig 365 and Hellcat. I really liked the way the Hellcat felt in my hand and it seemed quick to aim. It's a great deal considering how many mags you get with it. That would be a small fortune in sig mags..
I'm just amazed how they could cram in 11 in a flush fit mag the same size that Glock could only do 6.

I'm just amazed how they could cram in 11 in a flush fit mag the same size that Glock could only do 6.
Not sure what you're talking about. A hellcat is more like a 43x not a 43. But yes, a 43x is cap inefficient without doing the shield arms thing, bfd....

I never tried a hellcat, but I like the XD line except for the grip safety. If you don’t grip it just right, the trigger won’t break. Seems like a small gripe, but something dumb like that could get you killed in the heat of the moment.

That's the thing if your hand fits an XD correctly you won't have any trouble with the grip safety; but the design of the grip safety is still stupid it really needed to be longer.... so it would still deactivate with a poor/marginal grip. ....and when I say poor here.... I'm not just talking about the shooters technique I'm talking about the shooters hand interface to the gun which sometimes is beyond their control due to the shape of their hand.... it's pretty amazing seeing different people hold the same handgun and just the shape of their joints or whatever or either compatible with one gun or almost completely incompatible with another.... that's why I tell people to concentrate on the way the thing feels in your hand before buying anything.....

Back
Top Bottom