• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any helium miners on here?!

Just curious to hear feedback from other miners here in MA.

Been wanting to dabble. Gonna be a little bit before I have the coin to pull the trigger how I would like but I have a general idea on what I want to do and sorta understanding how to do it.

Been talking to alot of people on discord and actually came across someone on a thread of MA.

Any success?
Know of any Rak v2 for sale?!

My son is dabbling in this. He has a couple of routers that he's trying to plant at various family members houses based upon data from a variety of apps. Most non techie's (his grandmothers) are suspicious on what the heck this is and question the legality. One family member is worried about "radio waves". I live on the side of a big hill with lots of trees around so my house is no bueno.

One of his early engineering friends who's family owns low income apartments made a lot of money by putting antennas on the rooftops in cities. Cities are getting mined out now so the action is in the suburbs or so that's what I've picked up. The advantage over bitcoin is a router only draws 80-100 watts.

Don't get wrapped around with taxes, I tell him, but he is a big boy.

high-tech-tinfoil-hat.jpg

My son is dabbling in this. He has a couple of routers that he's trying to plant at various family members houses based upon data from a variety of apps. Most non techie's (his grandmothers) are suspicious on what the heck this is and question the legality. One family member is worried about "radio waves". I live on the side of a big hill with lots of trees around so my house is no bueno.

One of his early engineering friends who's family owns low income apartments made a lot of money by putting antennas on the rooftops in cities. Cities are getting mined out now so the action is in the suburbs or so that's what I've picked up. The advantage over bitcoin is a router only draws 80-100 watts.

Don't get wrapped around with taxes, I tell him, but he is a big boy.
what in the hell is that thing? you connect and activate an access point of unknown origin to your home network?!
for crooks to connect to it? wtf?

Guide to mining for profit:

-Obtain mining rig.
-Steal electricity.
-Profit.

I’m guessing this is very different than the nitrous tank parties I was thinking about initially.

My God this is the most cop comment regarding drugs I've read in a while. Usually the funny ones stop at "pot is bad!" However, you sir, have outdone that classic. I don't know how many nitrous oxide parties you've been to, but I'm going to clue you in on a secret... they aren't inhaling helium.

[rofl]

Chinese wireless routers popping up all across the world? What could go wrong???

Shipment-processing-changes-due-to-Chinese-Spring-Festival-Celebration-min.jpg

Guide to mining for profit:

-Obtain mining rig.
-Steal electricity.
-Profit.

My God this is the most cop comment regarding drugs I've read in a while. Usually the funny ones stop at "pot is bad!" However, you sir, have outdone that classic. I don't know how many nitrous oxide parties you've been to, but I'm going to clue you in on a secret... they aren't inhaling helium.

[rofl]
Lol dude its a joke

If linked with the very miners around here, housing and better antenna to set up outside... potentially $13-15 bucks a day!
I don't get the point of having all the wireless crap, what does that accomplish? Supposedly still requires internet anyways

[rofl]
How is that a cop comment? I just see it as a cams low brow joke. You gotta lighten up man. Jesus. lol

I don't get the point of having all the wireless crap, what does that accomplish? Supposedly still requires internet anyways
very confusing to me what is the goal there

they essentially steal and centralize all the LoRaWAN data packets they can get, running a minor pyramid scheme on the side. lemmings who host those data sensing routers get, like, a $10 or so at best. router - which is not a router - sniffs all the LoRaWAN data packets and uploads them somewhere over your own bandwith, and does who knows what else.
and for some reason all this sniffing activity is called 'mining'. hmm. well, may be it is mining in some sense, but nothing like ethereum computations.

not sure what to think yet.

If linked with the very miners around here, housing and better antenna to set up outside... potentially $13-15 bucks a day!
back in 2008 i use to mine BTC, using about 60 USB miners and a few video cards, I ROI'd in 2 months ... should've held :( Around me there's only like 3 antenna right now so tbh I think it's still easier to just flip crypto ...

Mining in the US is definitely a joke, high five

Yeah this is just not remotely true. But don’t take it from me... I’m only running 10KVA of Baseload. Take it from someone like Riot in Rockdale, Texas. The whinstone mine, 750MW of Baseload when fully online. I’m sure they operate at a comical loss. Or the guys running mines on flare gas. Or the guys running mines on hydro electric. Or the guys running small mines to offset home heating bills. All jokesters

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x9J0NdV0u9k

Yeah this is just not remotely true. But don’t take it from me... I’m only running 10KVA of Baseload. Take it from someone like Riot in Rockdale, Texas. The whinstone mine, 750MW of Baseload when fully online. I’m sure they operate at a comical loss. Or the guys running mines on flare gas. Or the guys running mines on hydro electric. Or the guys running small mines to offset home heating bills. All jokesters

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x9J0NdV0u9k

How much profit have you made from Mining?

How much profit have you made from Mining?
Depends how you value the infrastructure. I’ve ROI’d my infrastructure (including the miners) in under 10 months. If you strictly count coins invested to coins in my wallet, I’m at a slight profit, but if you count infrastructure resale costs it’s a little better than a 2x. For reference I bought RTX3070 cards at $1200 and I’ve seen them retail at $1400 now so I’m not keen to “mark down” my infrastructure very much. It also keeps providing revenue so why would I want to sell?
And before Dench chimes in that I must be stealing power, if I ran my gear on my residential meter (not my industrial location) and paid the $0.25KWH, my net margin would be about 72%
(My industrial rate, that I pay, is $0.08)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom