Any Haverhill Gun Owners please read this

It seems that Mayor James Fiorentini has decide to Join Mayor Bloomberg's "Mayors Against Illegal Guns". In case your not aware of this

Despite its very misleading name, this national group of anti-gun mayors has lobbied Congress against national reciprocity of state Right-to-Carry permits, against much-needed reform of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE), for regulating gun shows out of existence, and for repealing the Tiahrt Amendment that protects the privacy rights of law-abiding gun owners and limits disclosure of sensitive firearm trace data to protect law enforcement personnel and protect lawful gun manufacturers from bogus lawsuits.

Bloomberg created "Mayors Against Illegal Guns" as a front group to lobby Congress to oppose important pro-gun reforms and support new federal gun control restrictions. And some mayors have joined or been duped into joining this anti-gun Bloomberg crusade. If your mayor has joined MAIG, it is critical that he or she resign from this anti-gun group. You can do your part by contacting your mayor`s office today and urging your mayor to withdraw his or her MAIG membership. A number of mayors have already quit the anti-gun Bloomberg coalition and yours should be the next one to do so.

I have emailed him personally asking him to define his views and stance on Private Citizen Gun Ownership in Haverhill and how it paralells Mayor Bloombergs proposal. I ask you to do the same

Email - [email protected]
Phone - 978-374-2300
Open Hours - Tues 3 - 4 pm

Last edited:
Hey Josh,

I have known about this and personally have called and written to Mayor Fiorentini - He has never replied to any of my calls or letters and don't expect he is going too.
I am not happy that he is part of this. We need many more letters and calls to be made if we expect him to take action. I expressed in my letter that many members of our local club do not support him in this effort and requested he remove himself from M.A.I.G. I made it known the BS that is behind it and that he should reconsider supporting such a group.

Please any Haverhill residents should also call and write!

Thanks Josh,

I was aware of the as well, and made sure to rally as many as I could to vote against him in the last election (obviously to no avail).

Thank you for the information, I will be contacting his office soon. Good looking out.

Voted against him for that very reason. I don't care who you are or what you are running for if you don't support the constitution I WILL NOT VOT FOR YOU.

I also live in Haverhill and want to help. Could you please explain to me how this will effect us directly, so that I can have a better understanding of MAIG before I call/email him.
Thanks -Brian

Fiorentini has signed on to one of the most anti-gun anti-constitution goups you can is that simple enough for you.
Become a member of GOAL, Become a member of NRA, Research a bit on the subject!
We can use all the help we can get!

members of HHRG? we should plan a little get together to shoot

i just sent my email and i plan to call tommorrow

im thinking about joining hhrg club. do i need a sponsor or what is the procedure?
thanks bill

This guy must be a winner.As other Mayors are dropping out,he joins.At least you know where he stands.Now dump him.

Haverhill is (was) a very green town. I asked the licensing officer his policy on restrictions when I applied. He said you either qualify or you don't. They don't mess around with restrictions. That was Det. Soulnier. There is a new licensing officer now, but both my father and step-mother got ALP without any hassle. Although the new guy is a Mason, as is my father.

Hopefully the mayor dosn't make the Chief change his policies.

Haverhill is (was) a very green town. I asked the licensing officer his policy on restrictions when I applied. He said you either qualify or you don't. They don't mess around with restrictions. That was Det. Soulnier. There is a new licensing officer now, but both my father and step-mother got ALP without any hassle. Although the new guy is a Mason, as is my father.

Hopefully the mayor dosn't make the Chief change his policies.

The Current Licensing officer is Solid... Det Fred Corthell nice guy pretty straight forward and maintains the same policy. he said he doesnt believe in restrictions either you get or you dont simple as that

Im always down for a shoot at HHRG I pick up my key Monday

i just sent my email and i plan to call tommorrow

im thinking about joining hhrg club. do i need a sponsor or what is the procedure?
thanks bill

Bill,
You dont need a sponsor the application and Inforamtion for applying is located on the website. All they require is that if your not a member of the NRA that you become one or they can submit your NRA membership for you for the fee of 35$

Here is the link - http://www.hhrg.org/main.html

The Current Licensing officer is Solid... Det Fred Corthell nice guy pretty straight forward and maintains the same policy. he said he doesnt believe in restrictions either you get or you dont simple as that

Im always down for a shoot at HHRG I pick up my key Monday

+1 My experience with Det. Corthell was very encouraging and informative. I didn't know what to expect when I went in there but he turned out to be a real stand up guy who made the process clear and simple... I have spoken with him a few times since on SOP and laws regarding armed citizens. Great guy.

I am going to be down at HHRG tomorrow 9:30-10:00 showing possible new member the club - depending on the time I got maybe even some range use

Does anyone have some hard facts or evidence about the organization? Numerous people have said it's not what the name implies, it's against guns, but I was looking for something definitive and hard.

Co-Chaired by the famous : Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg New York, NY

"Mayors have a responsibility to protect their communities by holding gun offenders and irresponsible gun dealers accountable, demanding access to trace data that is critical to law enforcement efforts to combat illegal gun trafficking, and working with legislators to fix gaps, weaknesses and loopholes in the law that make it far too easy for criminals and other prohibited purchasers to get guns."

The above statement says it all to me.. if you need more proof then that then I suggest you do some research and come to your own conclusion.

Co-Chaired by the famous : Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg New York, NY

"Mayors have a responsibility to protect their communities by holding gun offenders and irresponsible gun dealers accountable, demanding access to trace data that is critical to law enforcement efforts to combat illegal gun trafficking, and working with legislators to fix gaps, weaknesses and loopholes in the law that make it far too easy for criminals and other prohibited purchasers to get guns."

The above statement says it all to me.. if you need more proof then that then I suggest you do some research and come to your own conclusion.

How about we start with enforcing the law on the books and ensuring that those who are caught with unlicensed guns (e.g. criminals) get the mandatory time instead of pleading it out??? Hmmm? Crack dealers with guns don't get the time they deserve, but people like Linda Hamilton have their lives destroyed for doing nothing wrong?

How about we start with enforcing the law on the books and ensuring that those who are caught with unlicensed guns (e.g. criminals) get the mandatory time instead of pleading it out??? Hmmm? Crack dealers with guns don't get the time they deserve, but people like Linda Hamilton have their lives destroyed for doing nothing wrong?

Exactly my friend. The laws are already on the books. Lets just enforce them!
This organization is all about putting more laws on the books and at the same time taking rights away from ordinary citizens.
NY and MA are just examples of what is wrong with the system and they are the ones that want to try to lead the change... no thanks - in fact SCREW.

Det. Corthell is an example of a fine police detective. he made the whole process very simple for myself and my sister. he stayed late the day my permit came in because he understood how important it was to me. unfortunately i dont think my attempts to contact the mayor will go so well. im very interested in joining the haverhill hound rod and gun club. i just purchased my first house with my fiance. so the club will have to wait. thank you for your help and responses. bill

Chief makes the gun decisions. I live in a neighboring town and always thought Haverhill was pretty green. Hopefully if the mayor gets enough positive insight as to what the people want he will re-think the decision. But then again D.C. did not get the message we sent a couple weeks ago.

Does anyone have some hard facts or evidence about the organization? Numerous people have said it's not what the name implies, it's against guns, but I was looking for something definitive and hard.

Mumbles and Bloomberg started it, that's all you need to know.

FWIW there are no such things as "moderate anti gun" orgs, in case you're wondering. "Americans for Gun Safety" was the only thing that came close, and basically got absorbed by some other org, and essentially came defunct, because it didn't really occur to them that the NRA is actually the real middle of the road- and they weren't rabid enough for Brady/VPC standards, so they didn't attract anyone from that side, either. The reality is that most orgs that claim to be moderate antis are really the absolute worse full on moonbat antis you'd ever run into.

-Mike

Last edited:
UPDATE from teh Mayor of Haverhill

SO I got an email response from Mayor Fiorentini today and you'll be surprised at what he said

Mayor James J. Fiorentini
to me

show details 4:11 PM (14 minutes ago)

I support the rights of law abiding citizens to own guns and to hunt. I
support the 2nd amendment and the rights of our law abiding citizens to keep
and bear arms.

I also support the actions of our local police department to remove
illegally obtained guns from criminals. Sadly, there has been a spread of
illegal weapons going to criminals in our area and the police department has
done a very good job of clamping down on this and confiscating those
weapons.

I do not know much about Mayor Bloomberg's group, but I am against illegally
obtained guns, against the spread of guns to criminal elements as has been
happenning in our area.

James J. Fiorentini, Mayor

Im so glad he took the time to figure out what it was Bloomberg was trying to sell him

Last edited:
Update:

SO I forwarded on the NRA's explanation of MAIG and the Mayors response

to me

show details 4:44 PM (1 hour ago)

Thank you for sending this.

The MAIG claims that the information you sent me, which others have sent, is totally wrong and distorted and they have forwarded a ton of materials, including numerous editorials from throughout the country that the NRA is distoring their position. Someday I might read what they sent me-- but not today.

I have quite enough to do trying to balance a budget and have desire to try to sort this out. I am for legal guns, and against illegal ones. That is as far as I wish to go. I have no desire to get involved in the Tiahrt amendment, or the gun show amendment.

Jim

Update:

SO I forwarded on the NRA's explanation of MAIG and the Mayors response

to me

show details 4:44 PM (1 hour ago)

Thank you for sending this.

The MAIG claims that the information you sent me, which others have sent, is totally wrong and distorted and they have forwarded a ton of materials, including numerous editorials from throughout the country that the NRA is distoring their position. Someday I might read what they sent me-- but not today.

I have quite enough to do trying to balance a budget and have desire to try to sort this out. I am for legal guns, and against illegal ones. That is as far as I wish to go. I have no desire to get involved in the Tiahrt amendment, or the gun show amendment.

Jim

If that's how the mayor feels, you should be happy. Sounds like he really didn't know what he was getting into. Pretty easy to do if you're very busy and are depending upon input from aides to help you out.

If that's how the mayor feels, you should be happy. Sounds like he really didn't know what he was getting into. Pretty easy to do if you're very busy and are depending upon input from aides to help you out.

Agreed but How can you join something you have no idea about as he stated in my previous post .... I don't understand it

So he joined an organization of which he really knows nothing about. Then he gets upset and doesn't have the time when you try to present him with information. Sounds like someone needs to be voted out of office.

So he joined an organization of which he really knows nothing about. Then he gets upset and doesn't have the time when you try to present him with information. Sounds like someone needs to be voted out of office.

Tried to in the last election. The other guy running got spanked. But it's reasons like this I voted against Fiorentini.

With the reply he sent back I am not impressed.
Unless his position changes I will be doing my best to see him replaced next election.

Back
Top Bottom