Any gunsmiths in MA that can convert 92FS backstrap into INOX style?

Can you recommend a gunsmith that can take my Beretta 92FS and mill its backstrap to look like modern 92's? I tried the new 92 version and like it but I don't want to sell my baby! I found a gunsmith in PA that can do it for about $180-200 but prefer to use local gunsmiths if I can.

you‘d probably have better results and it would likely be cheaper to sell yours and use that money towards the variant you want.

also think…. if You do this.. and it does not come out exactly as you want it to. You will, likely still end up buying the variant you were striving for. And have a messed up 92fs that you won’t be able to sell.

Do you mean vertec style? If so send it to Josh at Allegheny in PA. It’ll get done right.

Can you recommend a gunsmith that can take my Beretta 92FS and mill its backstrap to look like modern 92's? I tried the new 92 version and like it but I don't want to sell my baby! I found a gunsmith in PA that can do it for about $180-200 but prefer to use local gunsmiths if I can.

jesus no just no. No sweet Jesus. Jesus says no. The cost of re-milling and finishing a frame is high. very few “Smiths” can do such machine work. Bad idea. The gun will also be worth less once it’s dick’ed up in such a manner. Im sure Allegheny will take your $$ and do excellent work…there are excellent surgeons who could swap out my manhood but I still don’t want their services.

OK so you want a vertec style flat back strap? just acquire a pizza gun that has the straight back strap. These include the 92 vertec, M9A3 and 92X. But are your hands that small to need a vertec? My 5’2“ wife shoots my M9A1 without any issue. spend the $$ on ammo and training, or if needed just trade it towards a vertec type model as I’ve listed above.

Last edited:
Do you mean vertec style? If so send it to Josh at Allegheny in PA. It’ll get don
jesus no just no. No sweet Jesus. Jesus says no. The cost of re-milling and finishing a frame is high. very few “Smiths” can do such machine work. Bad idea. The gun will also be worth less once it’s dick’ed up in such a manner. Im sure Allegheny will take your $$ and do excellent work…there are excellent surgeons who could swap out my manhood but I still don’t want their services.

OK so you want a vertec style flat back strap? just acquire a pizza gun that has the straight back strap. These include the 92 vertec, M9A3 and 92X. But are your hands that small to need a vertec? My 5’2“ wife shoots my M9A1 without any issue. spend the $$ on ammo and training, or if needed just trade it towards a vertec type model as I’ve listed above.

I agree..

I would expect the cost to do the work will be high..

add to that… the cost to refinish the gun adds a lot to the cost. If you only do the lower. You will likely have a mismatched “two tone“ . Under the best circumstances. finishing the whole thing.. you have lost a ton of value as it’s now a refinished gun.

Cost in custom work aside.. you loose a ton of value if/when you try to sell.

any time i see “CUSTOM” in the description. I read that as “F’ed up”. “Make my bad decision your problem!”

there are tons of 92 variants out there. “Custom“ will always be the last to sell.

Out of curiosity, can you post pics of what you have vs what you want? I just want to see what work is required. I am not familiar with it.

.... ummm have you seen the bubba fest of glocks here that sell for over retail

The process goes something like this

Half drunk man gets blow torch

A flame lights in a room

There's a gun on a table and a sweating gin and tonic

Camera pans away as the flame dips towards the gun and maniacal laughter happens

A dremmel engine hums and sparks fly over the mans shoulder

Cut scene

2 days later a custom glock shows up in the classifieds for 800

Features include a custom stipple pattern called melted

Slide lightening cuts that go through the barrel because how else are you going to lighten it

No back straps no box 1 mag

No low ballers

The process goes something like this

Half drunk man gets blow torch

A flame lights in a room

There's a gun on a table and a sweating gin and tonic

Camera pans away as the flame dips towards the gun and maniacal laughter happens

A dremmel engine hums and sparks fly over the mans shoulder

Cut scene

2 days later a custom glock shows up in the classifieds for 800

Features include a custom stipple pattern called melted

Slide lightening cuts that go through the barrel because how else are you going to lighten it

No back straps no box 1 mag

No low ballers
This guy gets it 👍

irrelevant

glocks sell for high prices due to MA barriers for purchasing them
beretta 92s and Sig P220/226/229’s actually sell cheaper in MA than other states due to their abundance and lower demand.

once you drop $$ in silly aftermarket work on a Sig or Beretta, the gun is worth even less.

irrelevant

glocks sell for high prices due to MA barriers for purchasing them
beretta 92s and Sig P220/226/229’s actually sell cheaper in MA than other states due to their abundance and lower demand.

once you drop $$ in silly aftermarket work on a Sig or Beretta, the gun is worth even less.

Agreed. When browsing classifieds, when I see modified guns, I just keep on looking and scroll right by.

Just buy a Vertec. Then have two Beretta's.

After checking out the Allegheny Arms website I wouldn't mind having my angled dust cover milled to straight (the way they were originally ment to be), though I'm not sure if they do that. I also wouldn't mind having the warnings removed from the frame and reanodized, again I'm not sure if that is something that they do. However I wouldn't want their logo uglying up the gun. Imagine paying all that money and they stamp the firearm with their logo, good God no. I do like their muzzle crowning, that's sweet, and you could just ship the barrel for very short money.

What's it cost to ship a handgun now $150.00. Last I checked it was getting close to a hundo and that was many years ago. So yeah thanks but no thanks. The 92FS will stay just the way it is.

Back
Top Bottom