Any Gun Shops near Rockland, Maine?

USMA-82

NES Member
I'm heading up with the wifer who is attending a class/seminar at the Samoset in Rockland. My initial searches show the closest gun shops in Ellsworth, South China and Gray, Maine. Anything closer? Any recommendations?

There's one in Rockland . Johnson's Sporting Goods. Don't bother , almost nothing there. They had approx. 3 older 22 ( used ) rifles for sale last week when I stopped in. Everything else ( and not much of that ) was new. There is another Johnson's Sporting Goods at Cooks Corner's in Brunswick. One other shop that I've been in north of Rockland on the way to Belfast on Rt 1 . Sorry can't remember the name of it. Not many up there. Almost seems worse than Mass..

I believe there is one but I've never visited it:

Torpackas Gun Shop
152 N Main St
Rockland, ME 04841

We do travel up there over the 4th a lot but I've never found the place. I probably just don't know where to look.

As an aside, there is a place I'm dying to try for a meal there called "The Brass Compass" located at 305 Main St in Rockland. Bobby Flay just did a "throwdown" with them and LOST. They are famous for a Lobster Club standwich which is usually too big to finish. I just thought I'd bring that place to your attention.

Have fun!

Rome

Torpackas is on North main St. almost up where it meets Rt. 17. Call ahead.

The Medomak Trading Post is on Rt. 17 in Washington going towards Augusta. Maybe 15-20 minutes out of Rockland.

Back
Top Bottom