Any good winter whitetail reads ?

With the impending doom blizzard coming and being still laid off i wouldnt mind picking up a few good books on basic white tail hunting , scouting, patterning , tracking , bow techs, whatever really . i read John trouts finding wounded deer 2x already , and mags are boring. Thanks

If you want to learn some hands-on deer and wildlife skills, this is an ideal time to go out after the storm and look for their tracks. you can see where they are travelling and try to figure out what they are doing. you might see turkey or coyote tracks, maybe even fisher tracks - if you know what they look like. Theres a lot of randomness to travelling deer, but sometimes there are general avenues that they take that you might discover and give you clues to where to put your deer stand next season.

You'll find all their yarding areas without question.
Anything by Charles Alzheimer or Leonard Lee Rue will provide lots of first hand info you can actually apply to the process.

-tapatalk and Devin McCourty blow chunks-

Thanks guys , ya charles alzheimer seems to be the guy. @ OIFer ... im out in the woods almost everyday , im just looking for things to read when im not in the woods , im sure there is some things i can learn from books too, @ hamslam ... thanks ill be ordering it today

I was flying somewhere last year, and after circling the Logan Airport book store a few times looking for something (anything) to read on my flight, I picked up this book:

BARNES & NOBLE | Whitetail Nation: My Season in Pursuit of the Monster Buck by Pete Bodo | NOOK Book (eBook), Paperback, Hardcover

Overview

“You can’t go wrong with Pete Bodo’s new book Whitetail Nation: My Season in Pursuit of the Monster Buck . . . Bodo writes with humor and insight. The result is a book that is entertaining, educational and a fun read.”—Orlando Sentinel

Whitetail Nation is the uproarious story of the season Pete Bodo set out to kill the big buck. From the rolling hills of upstate New York to the vast and unforgiving land of the Big Sky to the Texas ranches that feature high fences, deer feeders, and money-back guarantees, Bodo traverses deep into the heart of a lively, growing subculture that draws powerfully on durable American values—the love of the frontier, the importance of self-reliance, the camaraderie of men in adventure, the quest for sustained youth, and, yes, the capitalist’s right to amass every high tech hunting gadget this industry’s exploding commerce has to offer.

Back
Top Bottom