• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any good knife training to be had around here?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
So over the years I've taken a significant number of firearms classes to include handgun, shotgun and rifle as well as taken Krav Maga and Karate for non-firearms training. One thing though that is a huge gap in my training is with a knife. No, I don't want to get into a Steven Seigal knife fight, but I'd like to understand the concepts and not be totally inept if the need ever presented itself in life.

With that siad are there any decent knife training classes in this area?

I know SIG. Academy has them on the curriculum, but never saw one actually scheduled/take place. I know of at least one Arnis an Escrima school where they teach Balisong techniques, bur were talking years of training in this case.
you are getting into deep, deep waters right there. We trained for an hour and a half, twice a week, when I was in the forces, and I'd consider that having the very basics, after 4+ years.

Knife fight, everyone gets cut bad, lots of blood ,pain .that's why the gun was invented. USMC will teach you well in both disciplines.

I don't know about "around here" anymore but Brownie is excellent! He used to be from MA but got smart and moved to AZ. He might teach in this area, I am not sure. Worthwhile contacting him. He goes under Brownie on some forums and AZQkr on others. He's on DefensiveCarry.com (AZQkr) and FloridaConcealedCarry.com as Brownie. He did a demo for my Constables assn. many years ago, quite impressive but the group wasn't interested in putting together a class back then.

Two rules of knife fighting:

1. Don't get in a knife fight

2. If Rule #1 can't be avoided, have a gun.

If you can't get in the above class contact Joe Mafee (sp?) JMJKD on the board, his post leave a bad taste in your mouth but he does know what he is talking about when it comes to hand to hand and has a bunch of connections. One of our own took one of his courses and wrote a review somewhere in the training sub forum

Back
Top Bottom