• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

any good gun clubs in the Weymouth area

You need a reference for Holbrook. For Braintree you just need to sign up for Orientation on their site. Check out both their websites. I am a member of Braintree. $100 a year for 24/7 indoor pistol range. Outdoor pistol and rifle ranges as well. I never have trouble with it being too crowded.

Ames in easton goes out to 300. As far as being a guest I assume your looking to shoot with out joining. Most clubs have "shoots" open to general walk ins. Like cmp shoots/matches. 22 shoots ectect. If ames was closer I would try there.

I meant "guest" as if I'm a member and bring a friend or 2. Braintree sounds good but the rifle range doesn't sound too big and since I'm on fid rifle and skeet is all ill be able to prolly do unless I get a antique revolver and make black powder loads but most ranges don't allow BP indoors anyways.

I meant "guest" as if I'm a member and bring a friend or 2. Braintree sounds good but the rifle range doesn't sound too big and since I'm on fid rifle and skeet is all ill be able to prolly do unless I get a antique revolver and make black powder loads but most ranges don't allow BP indoors anyways.

I'm an RO at BR&P and would be happy to show you around then you can make up your own mind.

BR&P has a 10 position 50/100 yd rifle range (2 side-by-side targets per position). There is also a trap range (no skeet [frown]) that allows the public and members on Sundays at 12Noon and you can use it any other day of the week after 12Noon if you bring a second person (there is a permanently mounted thrower for anyone to use but requires a 2nd person). The new indoor range allows shooting BP pistols as we have a HEPA system that filters out the crap in the air.

Holbrook IIRC has both skeet and trap, the outdoor rifle range is >100 yds but I don't recall how long it is. No idea about their rules on the indoor range. There are numerous members of Holbrook who are active on NES and I'm sure one of them would be happy to show you around there as well.

Until Ames settles its "internal management problems" I would avoid that place like the plague. If they ever do resolve those issues it is a decent place for outdoor rifle shooting. Indoors no BP. I was a member there for a few years.

Best to visit a few clubs that have the type of facilities you are looking for and then make a decision on where to join.

What's a good day/time I can check out braintree

I'll be there this Saturday from ~10:30 AM to 1 PM as RO on the outdoor range. I can give you a tour of the place (bring eyes/ears with you). There is a CMP match going on during that time on the rifle range.

PM or Email me today.

Back
Top Bottom