Any good clubs in Northeast MA/ Southern NH?

I am looking for a club in Northeast MA/Southern NH. I live in the Haverhill area, the local club you need to be sponsored from another club member and I dont know anyone. I know this is in the wrong forum section too, but more are active in this section. Any suggestions?

I'm a member at Country Pond Fish and Game in Newton, NH. I live in Plaistow. The club is just up 108, only a few minutes (15?) from Haverhill. Not a great indoor range but a nice outdoor range with 25,50,100yds. They shoot skeet quite a bit and there are quite a few events, pin shoots, plate shoots, centerfire league etc etc.

The club is also an FFL, and you can make purchases through the club at their FFL price with only a tiny markup going to the club. Transfers are $10. They also do bulk ammo and reloading orders once a year. Lots are members purely due to the FFL aspect. The discount on a single gun can be far more than the yearly cost.

I'm a member at Country Pond Fish and Game in Newton, NH. I live in Plaistow. The club is just up 108, only a few minutes (15?) from Haverhill. Not a great indoor range but a nice outdoor range with 25,50,100yds. They shoot skeet quite a bit and there are quite a few events, pin shoots, plate shoots, centerfire league etc etc.

The club is also an FFL, and you can make purchases through the club at their FFL price with only a tiny markup going to the club. Transfers are $10. They also do bulk ammo and reloading orders once a year. Lots are members purely due to the FFL aspect. The discount on a single gun can be far more than the yearly cost.

The only problem I have with them is I don't know anyone that would sponsor me. I know most clubs are like that too

You don't need a sponsor. I didn't have one. Take a tour, go to new member orientation, show up at the monthly meeting, pay the fee, pass the check and you're in.

Most clubs have web sites and monthly meetings. Usually all you have to do is show up at the meeting and apply for membership. Prospective members usually have no trouble finding sponsors.

I'm a newish member at Country Pond in Newton, NH - I really like it, and I didn't need a sponsor. Check out their website.
I wouldn't recommend the Haverhill gun club, when my membership there expires this summer I won't be renewing it.

I'm a newish member at Country Pond in Newton, NH - I really like it, and I didn't need a sponsor. Check out their website.
I wouldn't recommend the Haverhill gun club, when my membership there expires this summer I won't be renewing it.

Thanks I already contacted Country Pond, I am already in contact with the Sec. I am aware of a waiting list. Is it hard to get in?

Thanks I already contacted Country Pond, I am already in contact with the Sec. I am aware of a waiting list. Is it hard to get in?

Wasn't hard at all, it was just a couple of months ago. There wasn't a waiting list at that time. Go to the next membership/orientation meeting and talk to them in person. The orientation is necessary for membership.

How are the people? Friendly?

Friendliest Club I have been too. They also do a LOT of other things, chili cook offs, free game dinner night, The Cowboy shoots are awesome to watch, CMP, indoor/outdoor pistol rifle leagues, ice fishing (who does that???). And the friendliest club to Women I have been to/belonged to.

Never heard of a waiting list. Go to Countrypondfishandgame.com and check out the Orientations. Usually every other Sunday. You gotta take the tour, so everything will be explained. Then wait for the meeting and you're in. Bring a check to the orientation.

Other than not having action pits or a 300 yard+ range best club IMHO in the area. And for the FFL alone I will stay a member.

Friendliest Club I have been too. They also do a LOT of other things, chili cook offs, free game dinner night, The Cowboy shoots are awesome to watch, CMP, indoor/outdoor pistol rifle leagues, ice fishing (who does that???). And the friendliest club to Women I have been to/belonged to.

Never heard of a waiting list. Go to Countrypondfishandgame.com and check out the Orientations. Usually every other Sunday. You gotta take the tour, so everything will be explained. Then wait for the meeting and you're in. Bring a check to the orientation.

Other than not having action pits or a 300 yard+ range best club IMHO in the area. And for the FFL alone I will stay a member.

Yeah they said that there's a waiting list because they only accept 20 applications a month. Maybe it's new. Hopefully I'll be good though

I really like Pelham, it's a huge club with a lot of different ranges, indoor, skeet, trap, utility 5/100/150yds), action, plinking, bow, etc. I primarily use the action ranges which are nice because you get one all for yourself, no yahoos on the left or right side of you you have to worry about. :)

Back
Top Bottom