• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any feedback on the Ruger SR345?

FLHTC

NES Member
I was talking to a gun dealer today who gave the Ruger SR345 a great review, I almsot bought one and I may still buy one. Have any of you shot one and what do you think about it?

You mean the P345? I've never heard of an SR345. The P345 is a cheap single stack .45 ACP, polymer framed pistol.

It is good for what it doesn't cost, but I found the gun to be muzzle flippy with hot +P loads. I think it has a higher bore axis than even a Sig P220, but it wasn't absurd. Still plenty controllable. I think it has a mag disconnect in it though, which is dumb... but probably something you can get disabled.

I wouldn't buy one, but if I needed a gun and I was short on cash, I'd buy a P345 long before buying something cheaper than it, though.

-Mike

Last edited:
Hey I guess I made an assumption that it was the new Ruger design.

It's new in the sense that it's only been out less than a few years, or so. It's also the only new Ruger semi you typically see for sale in MA due to the compliance BS.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom