• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any Feds here?

PaulR

NES Member
Simple question:
Going into a Federal Building, obviously I want to obey the law and not carry.
It's not possible to check a gun, mace, or knife right? I have no choice but to leave it stored in my vehicle or at home?
Sorry for the retarded question, it's not every day I have to walk into a Federal Building.
Thanks!

Simple question:
It's not possible to check a gun, mace, or knife right? I have no choice but to leave it stored in my vehicle or at home?
Sorry for the retarded question, it's not every day I have to walk into a Federal Building.
Thanks!
Leave it home..

Simple question:
Thanks!
Since we have established that Feds are not in the habit of helping gun owners, I would be suspicious of all answers from people who say they are feds, as well as people who say they are not feds

I’ve had my flashlight taken at courthouses. Got it back when I left. This after I left all the “hardware“ locked up in the car! I doubt they would have “checked” a gun and given me a claim ticket.

I had a court case in Fawl Rivah - the old Superior Court on N Main. Some henchman for the defense came in, pulled his 38 snub nose and gave it to the clerk who put it away. It seemed unusual to me but the the "guards" it seemed pretty regular.

OTOH, I was at teh court house in Taunton once for Jury Duty. Damned rentacop had me practically strip down to my undershorts before he let me go because "something beeped." Everyone got waived through as he was making sure I didn't have a WMD or something. (This was pre-01, I think.)

No they won't store anything and they use renta-cops instead of real Federal police. I got hassled a long time ago for a key-chain with a kubaton attached. This was at the JFK building in Boston. I was questioned by a security guard at a Brockton Federal building about the handcuff keys I had on my key-chain . . . I was a constable at that time.

I had to go back to my car once to put the micro Leatherman back in it... They couldn't hold it there and I thought that was rather lame.

Simple question:
Thanks!
Not a Fed, but have prior experience. There is no check in. Leave at home or secure in vehicle. Save yourself the hassle or worse.

Since we have established that Feds are not in the habit of helping gun owners, I would be suspicious of all answers from people who say they are feds, as well as people who say they are not feds
It is a federal crime to impersonate a Federal agent, therefore those that say they are, are either criminals or Fed Bois.

Some are cool.
Some are not.
A gun probably won't be cool.

I had to go to the Boston Federal building for my wife's citizenship. I didn't realize I had a couple of cast bullets and casings in a winter jacket I never wear, but I wore to a casting seminar. The guy was like "I can hold it until you are out".

Question is, would you be allowed to carry a TaCTiCaL pen into a fed building? Something that says UZI on the side and has a 'DNA collector' on the other end? What about a sharpened #2 pencil?

Had to go to the DOR building in Boston a few years ago to pay tax on our boat.
Had to check my knife with the guard. They put a raffle ticket under the clip and put it in a draw. Gave me the corresponding ticket. Said just give this ticket to whomever is at this desk on your way out to collect your knife.
Painless process. Wasn’t carrying that day so that wasn’t an issue.

Had to go to the DOR building in Boston a few years ago to pay tax on our boat.
Had to check my knife with the guard. They put a raffle ticket under the clip and put it in a draw. Gave me the corresponding ticket. Said just give this ticket to whomever is at this desk on your way out to collect your knife.
Painless process. Wasn’t carrying that day so that wasn’t an issue.

Same procedure at the Empire State Building. I was carrying mace.

Federal building? Just leave it locked up at home or in your vehicle.

I raised a few bobby's eyebrows when my pocket knife made the metal detector going into Westminster beep. I hadn't thought about it and this was MANY years ago.

They took it and put it in a drawer, saying I could get it back when I exited as long as I promised to leave it in my hotel until I left "not so jolly" Old London. (My fingers were crossed so it didn't count) ;)

Of course when we went to leave, there was a different Bobby on duty and he "couldn't find it." I waited patiently until he "did find it." :rolleyes:

My wife was pissed but hey, I wanted my knife back.

The last I heard, federal facilities will check guns for LE who lack the jurisdiction to be armed in a federal building, but would not do so for commoners. Most state buildings do have gun checking, but I would not try it on a GOAL "meet your legislature day" as storage is very limited. Your papers must also be in order to enter a federal building, except a post office (and perhaps a few others without checkpoint fed at the Fedenberg gate).

Back
Top Bottom