Any experience with Tier 1 Axis Elite?

eboos

NES Member
I am considering getting a Tier 1 Concealed Axis Elite. However, it is by order only and a bit spendy. Pretty much 95% sold on it, but I want to hear from some of you that may have one. Any thoughts?

I don’t have any experience with that holster. Looking at it, I can say that those plastic belt clips are shit. They are way too bulky and like all plastic clips will eventually break. If they have an option choose different clips.

I‘ve tried similar appendix holsters. In general, I find that kind of holster with a sidecar just doesn’t work for me. Appendix holsters without a sidecar I can move around side to side to find a sweet spot. But with a sidecar, it basically has to be centered on your body and that just doesn’t work for me. You might be a lot thinner than me, so it might work for you.

Last edited:
You might be a lot thinner than me...
e33fd262-ad35-4e81-a887-f29d7c10925f_text.gif

I’m 5’9” and 180 lbs. I find it very hard to make appendix carry work for me. I’m particular, I find it very uncomfortable when sitting down. A foam wedge is vital for us fat guys. YMMV.

ETA: for me, appendix carry works best with a thin gun like a 43x or P365.

Last edited:
I am considering getting a Tier 1 Concealed Axis Elite. However, it is by order only and a bit spendy. Pretty much 95% sold on it, but I want to hear from some of you that may have one. Any thoughts?
Tier 1 makes nice holsters, if you already carry AIWB you'll be fine, if it's your first AIWB I'd maybe try a cheaper alternative first.

I have one (the slim model) for G19. I like it. If you're ever near Harvard or Cambridge, I'm happy to meet up so you can check it out.

I use a G45 in it now. It fits the Glock SIRT pistol (based on the Gen4 G17) as well. I like it just fine. I'm also 6'3" 190, do with that what you will.

I lied. Mine is the Elite, not the Slim.

Check out Tenicor and Henry holsters before ordering from Tier 1. Tier 1 does not accept returns. The sidecar sucks if you are out and have to take a crap.

Tenicor has the best return policy, they will pay for the return shipping if you don’t like it for any reason. Henry also has a nice 30 day return policy. You can try them at no risk. I have both, with another Henry on the way.

The good thing about tenicor is that their light bearing holsters don’t depend on the light for retention, so you can buy 1 holster and have the option of using it with or without light.

Another thing, don’t cheap out on a holster. Getting a nice one from the start will save you money over having a drawer full of cheap holsters you never use.

Last edited:
I’m 5’9” and 180 lbs. I find it very hard to make appendix carry work for me. I’m particular, I find it very uncomfortable when sitting down. A foam wedge is vital for us fat guys. YMMV.

ETA: for me, appendix carry works best with a thin gun like a 43x or P365.
Bruh, I'm 5'10" and 180, currently down to 170. No one has EVER called me 'fat'. I know an inch matters sometimes, but that inch isn't that big a deal.

T1C holsters are fantastic. I use an Axis elite for my 19 in the fall and for my 43X in the summer. They make the gun disappear on my body. Appendix carry definitely is body type dependent i would say.

do you want this paired with our answers to the yoga pants thread?
I’m still playing catch up after my summer Sabbatical cleansing my soul of the internets. I haven’t made it that far yet (reading that thread) sooooo ‘ima have to say that’s a no for me dog’. lol

Back
Top Bottom