• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any dealers on the North Shore with reasonable transfer rates?

Here's what the shop's perspective SHOULD be. 'I'll do the transfer for my loyal customer for a reasonable fee so I can maintain the relationship and he will continue purchasing from me.'

It doesn't seem like you are that loyal to any particular shop. If you were I don't think this thread would exist.
As far as the fees are concerned. I think it's the term reasonable that's hanging us all up. To some of us it's $30 or $40. To others it's $10 or $20.

It doesn't seem like you are that loyal to any particular shop. If you were I don't think this thread would exist.
As far as the fees are concerned. I think it's the term reasonable that's hanging us all up. To some of us it's $30 or $40. To others it's $10 or $20.

I'm loyal to the guy that charges me $10 transfer fees. He gets all my gunsmithing and I buy/transfer everything I can through him.

Pistols and such, I obviously have to look elsewhere (and in this case lowers).

I understand $10 is an outlier and $25 is probably considered 'fair' in MA. But $40 is a plain rip-off.

I'm just trying to find where the $25 transfers have gone.

I'm with Realtor on this one. For 40 bucks they are not making any money on the deal, and they are taking thier fair share of liability. The real problem is that we have lost the right to purchase firearms in this state unless the company bows down to our almighty government for their blessing.

Wasn't there some posts on here lately that stripped AR lowers are now viewed similar to handguns transfers and as such, can't goto NH if your a MA resident for the cheaper rate?

Slide, best of luck in your quest my friend, and enjoy the new gun!

I've very rarely seen transfers in MA for less than $35-40 nowadays. The only one that I know in MA that is up that way that's $25 is Bob's in Salisbury. I'd still call ahead to make sure it hasn't changed.

-Mike
Bob's is $25. I had a firearm transferred a couple weeks ago.

Wasn't there some posts on here lately that stripped AR lowers are now viewed similar to handguns transfers and as such, can't goto NH if your a MA resident for the cheaper rate?

Slide, best of luck in your quest my friend, and enjoy the new gun!

Yes. Lowers are treated as handguns now (by some). Hence the reason this tread was started.

Yes. Lowers are treated as handguns now (by some). Hence the reason this tread was started.

I would say "by most". This change seemed to take effect when BATFE changed the 4473 form a couple years ago. There might still be some dealers
that will just check off "rifle" but they're not supposed to do that.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom