• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any Clubs/Ranges without Initiation Fees?

Are there any clubs in MA that don't extort you for the initiation fee? I've had to switch clubs a few times over the years due to moves/not being entirely happy with the facilities and it's getting downright expensive.

I think every club will have an initiation or first year new member fee. Think about what your really want from a club, decide taking the drive is not as bad as you first thought, and join Harvard. Sure the fee for 1st year member is double but I doubt you will be looking for another club once you have access to its facilities.

If you have not been before send a PM I will show you around the grounds. Or you can come up to Haverhill and see my local club but not a lot of action/events going on there.

Both clubs I belong to and all the other local ones that I am aware of charge an initiation fee. As a board member at one club it's a lot easier to initiate or increase an initiation fee than to raise dues for current members.

What I want from a club is to be able to shoot there. That's all. I don't care about matches, the pool table in the lobby, or any of that stuff.

I can't commit to going to the same place for more than a year or two.

Out in the Westlands, I've been a member at 5 different clubs, and none of them has an initiation fee. YMMV.

Sent from my way-too-expensive cell phone using Tapatalk. Please excuse spelling errors and missing links.

?????
Initiation and dues $245, shoot all you want as often as you want, whenever you want. Or, a family of four could go to a Sox game,once. Or the movies 3 times with popcorn and drinks.
Just sayin...

Are there any clubs in MA that don't extort you for the initiation fee? I've had to switch clubs a few times over the years due to moves/not being entirely happy with the facilities and it's getting downright expensive.

[rofl] A little picky ..... just say'n. You would be a lucky catch for any club.....[rolleyes]

http://littletonsportsmanclub.com/main.php

This club doesn't have an initiation fee and is only $100 a year. Mite not be the best club though.

Don't set foot on this range if you value your life. Not worth it, even for the low fee.

I go there somewhat regularly and while I have seen some hairy times due to overcrowding it is usually safe. I haven't heard of anyone getting hit from a negligent discharge.

As noted above, Littleton Sportsman Club is $100 a year, no initiation fee. It ain't fancy - no pool table, no bar, just a place to shoot. We just renovated the indoor range so it can now handle jacketed handgun ammo (no magnums though) as we know that many folks do not have easy access to lead reloads. Check out the website http://littletonsportsmanclub.com/. Come down to the monthly meeting at 7 pm on the second Thursday of the month (next meeting is January 12th) to sign up.
Jim

Back
Top Bottom