Any Bourbon Drinkers??

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.3%
59   1   0
Bringing my booze collection to NH, I discovered an unopened bottle of Very Very Old Fitzgerald. A little Google search found that it is worth >$1K. I just put out a query to a collectors org to find where to sell it. I must have purchased it in St. Thomas back ~1970.DSCF3128-sm.jpg

Soundwave

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
View attachment 336049Opened my second bottle of Blanton’s tonight. Tough to find, but worth it.
Weird I have no problem finding Blanton's in Western MA. How do you like bib and Tucker? I was pretty disappointed but the bottle was cool! Russel's reserve single barrel is one of my favorites though I did get an off bottle a couple of years ago. My go to if I'm not being cheap is rare breed these days. A little chewier and complex than RR10 and more consistent than single barrel.

Table and Vine in West Springfield has Buffalo Trace 1 per person for $35.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Just got a bottle of Kentucky Spirit by WT after attending a couple of tastings this weekend. Very nice and smooth. I don't need to add water or ice to this one. Also picked up a bottle of Larceny this weekend. Thanks to all who recommended it. I also had a chance to try the Weller Antique 107 this weekend. It was good, but I don't know if it is worth all the hype. Also talked to the BT rep about the scarcity of Blanton's. He thinks BT is holding back production to make it scarce and drive up demand. Same thing with PVW. They can make more, they just don't

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is the upcoming question: What is the correct bourbon to watch during the Democratic Convention?

And then what would be the correct bourbon to quaff during a Trump/Biden debate?

nstassel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Bourbon rant incoming.
We went to the new hotness in town Eddie V's. It's as pretentious inside as the name suggests. I order an old fashioned, my standard winter drink. Waitress asks if I want their stupid overpriced improved signature version with smoked whatever and i say no. She asks for my bourbon preference and i ask what's the standard well bourbon, she says Maker's so I say that's fine.

This drink comes on crushed ice. Like I got a coke and popcorn next door at AMC. With a generic crap cherry too. By the time it hit the table it was a watered down mess. Ok says I, lesson learned.

When the bill came it was 16 bucks with a four dollar upcharge for Maker's Mark! F you Eddie V!!!!

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bourbon rant incoming.
We went to the new hotness in town Eddie V's. It's as pretentious inside as the name suggests. I order an old fashioned, my standard winter drink. Waitress asks if I want their stupid overpriced improved signature version with smoked whatever and i say no. She asks for my bourbon preference and i ask what's the standard well bourbon, she says Maker's so I say that's fine.

This drink comes on crushed ice. Like I got a coke and popcorn next door at AMC. With a generic crap cherry too. By the time it hit the table it was a watered down mess. Ok says I, lesson learned.

When the bill came it was 16 bucks with a four dollar upcharge for Maker's Mark! F you Eddie V!!!!
we were at Moo in boston, celebrating two BD parties. I had a sazerac. It was pretty good, so i ordered another one. they were like $26 each when the bill came.

Last edited:

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bourbon rant incoming.

I had a similar experience like that once with Hennessy.

I usually order my alcohol neat at bars and restaurants because the bartender can't f*ck up putting raw liquor in a glass. Pretty easy, right? Pour whisky or brandy in a glass, then serve, right?

After a law school final last spring, I went out with classmates to a restaurant in Portsmouth, RI. The place isn't high-end but above average in terms of alcohol availability. I was exhausted so I wanted cognac. I ask what they have for cognac. Waitress had no clue but eventually said they had Hennessy. Ok, great, I like Hennessy. I ordered that.

They gave it to me with ice. You don't put f*cking ice in cognac. In France, they'd probably revoke the place's liquor license on grounds of quality dilution [laugh]

I don't remember how much the bill was, probably like $13-15, but for f*ck's sake, what idiot puts ice in cognac?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone ever have Garrison Brothers Texas Straight Bourbon?

Got a bottle of the single barrel (silver star/wax) and damn it's good. Pricey, and not really sure it's worth $100 but it is really nice. Produced with local TX corn and distilled and bottled on their ranch. Pretty neat stuff.

rchoui

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever have Garrison Brothers Texas Straight Bourbon?

Got a bottle of the single barrel (silver star/wax) and damn it's good. Pricey, and not really sure it's worth $100 but it is really nice. Produced with local TX corn and distilled and bottled on their ranch. Pretty neat stuff.
I picked some up when I was in Dallas last winter since it was a local brand. Surprisingly good and I recently saw it a Total Wine .

Top Bottom