• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Antis to stage Starbucks Boycott on Valentine's Day

I got a similar response to my email. I am still surprised by Starbucks pro 2A stance considering their image as a hipster, trendy coffee snob hangout.

Hipsters love guns now - because of zombies. You should see those jerks when I went into a big sporting store a bit back.

"Can you imagine dual wielding these with 30 round "clips" for zombies?"

"I'm going to sell me car and buy a sniper rifle."

I had trouble getting to the counter because of all the buttheads wearing girls pants and scarfs.

Thanks for sharing. Starbucks isn't taking a strong stance on behalf of 2A. That second paragraph could be included in an email response to an anti. Seems like they are walking that thin line of: try not to offend anyone.

If anything though they are pissing off the antis, though, way more, even if unintentional. I think internally someone must realize that the PR of them simply "adhering to local laws" is cheaper than them saying that they will kick people out who are OCing. Maybe they saw what happened to Jim Zumbo.

-Mike

I have a mailing list of about 75 people in my town. Many of us will show up with signs to thank Starbucks for standing up to tyranny and acknowledging our basic rights.

We will be there all day Valentines day with Rifles and pistols in full view along with signs. I promise to post pics.

I followed the link in the OP here: http://gunvictimsaction.org/7nsgl/

My head is about to explode.

Chris

Go donate some money. its for the kids:

•$50 — Equivalent to $1 per week to enable sane gun laws.
That’s ½ the cost of 1 late per week.
•$100 — Equivalent to $2 per week to enable sane gun laws.
That’s the cost of 1 late per week.
•$250 — Equivalent to $5 per week to enable sane gun laws.
•$500 — Equivalent to $10 per week to enable sane gun laws.
We would appreciate if corporations/organizations would contribute at this level or more.
•$ Other — Any amount qualifies you as a Supporting Member.

I've been avoiding going FB since it started. I'm gonna go open an account later just so I can post in that thread! Did anybody see the post (from Fellowship for reconciliation) stating Starbucks has a role in the Israel/Palestinian battle also??? WTF???

Last edited:
yo Broccoli, what's a late?

I do agree with their little snip though, we do need SANE gun laws, ones that include "shall not be infringed" or something else similarly strongly worded.

Oh wait, we DO have that. [angry]

I've made some changes to the letter the NGVAC wants everyone to send to starbucks. After reading it, it seemed like there was some type-o's and I wanted to make sure they had the letter written correctly. Enjoy

Starbucks Letter.png

Last edited:
I'm sitting in a Starbucks right now (waiting for a meeting, actually)... don't forget to go out on Tuesday!

- HP

I'll skip my usual coffee shop for some starbucks this tuesday - I pass enough of them getting to the office. I like the idea of paying with $2 bills.

I'll skip my usual coffee shop for some starbucks this tuesday - I pass enough of them getting to the office. I like the idea of paying with $2 bills.

I will be in Starbucks at drum hill (Chelmsford) at 9AM with a stack of $2 bills, selling at face value to green members :)

I went to the Westboro Starbucks this afternoon, wearing my GOAL t-shirt, and NRA ballcap. Nobody batted an eye. I'll go again tomorrow. Their new medium roast is actually almost drink-able compared to the normal bitter, burnt-tasting coffee they usually sell. Blueberry scone wasn't bad, either.

Back
Top Bottom