• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Antique shotgun ammo

I have a few boxes of antique shotgun ammo, I know some folks like to collect them. Was wondering if anyone can tell me if they're worth anything and where to sell them? received_1847395541941594.jpeg received_1847395535274928.jpeg received_1847395508608264.jpeg received_1847395495274932.jpeg

Now, if you had a box of .44XL, I'd say you had something there. (considering they stopped making it in the 50's. I've seen ONE box at a gun show - full box, but the cardboard was all torn up, and the guy STILL wanted $175 for it. Fortunately, I'd already gotten Nickle to figure out how to make me a box of the stuff for my wife's grandmother's shotgun, so I didn't have to buy it.)

Anyway, common calibers and your boxes are marked up, so probably no value there.

Idk if they're worth anything but they're nifty looking; I'd just hold on to them for the heck of it.

The Remington Express box says $0.19 cents each, so I'd say it's worth a buck. [smile]

attachment.php

Attachments

• received_1847395535274928.jpeg
    received_1847395535274928.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 116
I don't own a 20 gauge it I would shoot some of them! I got an ammo can from an old neighbor, when he handled it over it was rather heavy. Opened it and found all these. He said he forgot he had them. Well I guess the better looking ones can turn into decorations. Haha. Thanks guys.

I had some OLD 12 ga, that I was shooting out of a ~23" barrel A5.

One of the more vintage shells erupted a "Drakaris"-worthy flame, and an earth-shattering kaboom. No recoil, did not budge the action. Apparently it was very slow-burning powder (either due to its chemical makeup, or age). Don't remember if I broke the target, but it was a HELL of a show! [laugh]

An older member of my gun club that's a long time hunter brought in 5 milk crates full of old hunting shotgun ammo. He dropped it all off at practice trap on a Saturday. He's getting too long in years to get out there anymore and figured us young guys could pick through and enjoy it. I grabbed 4 boxes of 3 inch Magnum 4 buck! Shot one box of 5 and damn they pack a whollop!

I also grabbed some old Remy extended range size 4 birdshot lookEd to be from the 70s and a can of Remy 22lr in the can with the hunting scenes in the can. Never opened and I never will either.

I was the 4th or 5th guy to go through the crates. We were all being nice and grabbing 2-3 things. Then a guy walked in and the guy running the trap range told him about the free ammo......the fu€ dick just took all 5 crates and threw them in his truck. What an ass.

Shoot the shells, sell the boxes. People buy that shit on ebay all the time. Old ass ammo in common sporting calibers is pretty much worthless. Just trash to shoot stuff with at the range.

An older member of my gun club that's a long time hunter brought in 5 milk crates full of old hunting shotgun ammo. He dropped it all off at practice trap on a Saturday. He's getting too long in years to get out there anymore and figured us young guys could pick through and enjoy it. I grabbed 4 boxes of 3 inch Magnum 4 buck! Shot one box of 5 and damn they pack a whollop!

I also grabbed some old Remy extended range size 4 birdshot lookEd to be from the 70s and a can of Remy 22lr in the can with the hunting scenes in the can. Never opened and I never will either.

I was the 4th or 5th guy to go through the crates. We were all being nice and grabbing 2-3 things. Then a guy walked in and the guy running the trap range told him about the free ammo......the fu€ dick just took all 5 crates and threw them in his truck. What an ass.

I needed the milk crates.

Shoot the shells, sell the boxes. People buy that shit on ebay all the time. Old ass ammo in common sporting calibers is pretty much worthless. Just trash to shoot stuff with at the range.

I might have too just do that, I'm sure one of my friends has a 20 gauge who I can share in the wealth with. Haha.

I have a pair of 20ga bolt Mossbergs with 2-shot box magazines. Cant remember the model #''s offhand, I believe one is an 85D. Neither is "new" enough to have a serial number. Perfect guns for old ammo:)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom