WTS Antique Colt U.S. Army Artillery Model SAA revolver with Colt Historical Letter PRICE DROP

hiker45acp

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Behind Enemy Lines (Peoples Republik of MA)
WTS/WTT Probably not the best place to post this for sale, but you never know who would be interested. Antique COLT U. S. ARTILLERY Single Action Army Revolver U.S. Marked from the Spanish-American War Period Presented here is an Antique Colt Single Action Army Revolver Artillery Model, started life in 1884 as a U.S. Cavalry model with frame serial numbered to that date. The Colt Single Action Army is a worldwide icon of the United States of America and the Western Frontier. The Artillery Model of the SAA is a period (1895-1903) armory or factory refinished gun to extend U.S. military service. Only about 17,000 of these refurbished guns were completed. In all but the rarest variant of the already rare Artillery Model, the serial numbers will be mixed. Many of these saw action in the Spanish-American War and the Philippine-American War. This one has government inspector markings throughout. The barrel and cylinder are “P” proofed. The barrel was inspected by J.T.C.. The frame has the initials of David F. Clark (D.F.C.), the Grips inspected by Rinaldo A. Carr (R.A.C.) with his Cartouche visible on one panel and on bottom of grips. The trigger guard has a single partial “K” on it. The overall condition is very good. Traces about 30% of finish remains most in protected areas. The markings are mostly clear. The walnut grips are in very good condition with visible cartouche and inspectors marks. The bore is clean with sharp rifling. The action is excellent. These were the revolvers that were put back in service after they found that the NEW .38 cal. revolvers were not dispatching the enemy and they needed the .45 Colt cal. to do the job. Comes with Colt Historical letter of authenticity showing its original ship date of 1884 saw Indian War period use, (only the revolvers that saw hard frontier use were sent back) then returned to the factory, Colts U.S. Armory department this one in 1896 for rework before it went back to the U.S. Government for extended service in the Span-Am war and Philippine Insurrection. Very historical U.S. Military revolver that on an average saw hard use, this one you can see by photos has a "been there and done that" look, but not abused, excellent action, no bad pitting, just honest hard finish wear. You can shoot this if you use blackpowder loads. Barrel is 5-1/2 inch. Caliber: .45 Colt. Everything about this is correct and backed by a Colt letter. Very Historical U.S. Military side arm and getting harder to find correct like this one. Serious inquiries please. I am willing to do a part cash / part trade since this is a large dollar item. This is an ANTIQUE so no license or eFA-10 transfer is needed, but ID will be required (Drivers License etc.)

Price: $4200.00 Cash PRICE DROP..now $3800 cash. Cash is King. Will Consider cash & part trade or trade for a couple items I am looking for, that being for other high quality firearms. What have you got? Things I am interested in: 45-70cal. Ruger No. 1 rifle, Remington Rolling Block, Shilo Sharps rifle, Winchester High Wall new production or antique. Winchester model 1895 Carbine in 30-06 or 30-40 Krag., Winchester 1886 carbine or short rifle in 45-70., Springfield Amory SOCOM in 308, quality AK47 or Variant pre-ban with under-folding stock 7.62x39 cal.,, other pre-ban rifle or pistol caliber arms. Handguns: Smith & Wesson Large frame or N frame revolvers pre-lock in either 357 mag or 44 mag with less than 4" barrel,. S&W "Lew Horton Special" revolvers, S&W survival kit guns that came out some years back. Ruger Super Redhawk ALASKAN model double action in 44 mag. or 454 Casul / 45 Colt, Ruger's "Reeders custom" Vaquero's or Blackhawks. Let me know if you have anything of similar variation.
Great Investment / Collectible and anyone over age 21 can own it.

Terms: All viewing or transaction to take place at MASS Firearms in Holliston MA.
Contact: PM me first we can go from there. Feel free to inquire for more information on Colt. More photos available just ask.

Statement of Legal compliance:
I will comply with all Federal and State Laws. If the firearm is to be shipped, you must provide me with a signed copy of your dealer's FFL (or your 03FFL if this is a Curio and Relic). For private party face-to-face transactions (only permitted by Fed law when both buyer and seller live in same state), I will meet all applicable state and federal laws.

When ammunition, magazines or other regulated items are sold/bought or traded as part of this transaction, I agree to follow all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to these items.

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom