Anticipated Mass approval date for M&P 2.0?

anyone else notice that the "2.0" is a regular' M&P with a stipple job?

just buy a plain ol' M&P, an apex kit and get it stippled. congrats now have a 2.0. actually better than a 2.0 because it won't have have this overly complex and absurd slide-stop apparatus designed to prevent auto-forwarding.

just buy a plain ol' M&P, an apex kit and get it stippled. congrats now have a 2.0. actually better than a 2.0 because it won't have have this overly complex and absurd slide-stop apparatus designed to prevent auto-forwarding.

And a larger striker channel if being able to shoot water logged means anything to you, plus pricing was initially lower on the 2.0....it seems Smith JUST changed this for whatever reason. But there are some online re-sellers that already have the 2.0 priced at 400 even. You're right,when it comes to trigger, appearance, heck everything about it, but for the same reason women buy shoes in different colors, I want one.

Last edited:

You are incorrect. Here are some of the changes to the M&P.

1. The rear slide rails on the frame are about twice as long at the 1. I guess to allow for a tighter better fitting slide. This allows 2.0 slide to work on 1.0 frame but not the other way around.

2. The trigger is the same as the 1.0 Pro Series. This means the trigger loop is gone in 2.0 . In general a much better trigger mechanism than the 1.0 as far as not having to worry about adjusting the trigger loop.

3. The slide lock mechanism has been reworked. On 1,0 when it is at slide lock and slam in a magazine the slide releases and chambers a round. The 2.0 won't do that. You will have to manually release the slide.

These are some of the most obvious changes. Not anything major here but more than 'regular M&P with a stipple job'. And BTW, I agree with you. If you have a tricked out 1.0 no need for a 2.0. I have a tricked out 1.0 and will be keeping it. My 2.0 is also nice and I will be keeping it however if I didn't win it I would not have gone out and bought one.

3. The slide lock mechanism has been reworked. On 1,0 when it is at slide lock and slam in a magazine the slide releases and chambers a round. The 2.0 won't do that. You will have to manually release the slide.

I seriously hate that my M&P does that. Yes it can save a fraction of a second in USPSA shoots, but the 1 out of 10 times it doesn't do that- it will throw me for a loop, so i have to keep an eye on it instead of letting muscle memory run the reload show.

My g-lock does that too, but seems to be only on certain magazines.

I seriously hate that my M&P does that. Yes it can save a fraction of a second in USPSA shoots, but the 1 out of 10 times it doesn't do that- it will throw me for a loop, so i have to keep an eye on it instead of letting muscle memory run the reload show.

My g-lock does that too, but seems to be only on certain magazines.

I have 2 original M&Ps that have been used a lot for competition. One is setup for SSP and the other ESP. Both faithfully will release the slide when you put in a magazine. You don't have to slam it in but you need some force. I have absolutely gotten used to it for shooting IDPA. If it was not consistent it would drive me crazy.

Funny things is, I have an M&P Shield that i have used as my BUG gun in IDPA. Also back in 2015 when I shot the Shield in IDPA for about 3 months just because I wanted to get some serious trigger time on it to decide if I would use it for my carry piece. My Shield has never exhibited that behavior.

The good news. As stated they are online for $429.
So they should be cheap when the land. That said they are in state already. Make no mistake. Just look at the classifieds. You can pay a premium and get it now, or wait until 4S has em.

As a plus, SW will send you plugs free of charge for those who decide to delete the thumb safety.

You are incorrect. Here are some of the changes to the M&P.

1. The rear slide rails on the frame are about twice as long at the 1. I guess to allow for a tighter better fitting slide. This allows 2.0 slide to work on 1.0 frame but not the other way around.

2. The trigger is the same as the 1.0 Pro Series. This means the trigger loop is gone in 2.0 . In general a much better trigger mechanism than the 1.0 as far as not having to worry about adjusting the trigger loop.

These are some of the most obvious changes. Not anything major here but more than 'regular M&P with a stipple job'. And BTW, I agree with you. If you have a tricked out 1.0 no need for a 2.0. I have a tricked out 1.0 and will be keeping it. My 2.0 is also nice and I will be keeping it however if I didn't win it I would not have gone out and bought one.

oh wait, there's more UPGRADES!!

4) 4th backstrap. hell why not give 12 backstraps! all 3 felt like crap to me so I'm sure the 4th will be perfect.

5) removal of beavertail. apparently now removing a beavertail is considered an upgrade!

please....the 2.0 is a 1.0 with a stipple job and some completely unnecessary changes that S&W claim are upgrades. the list says M&P 9. plenty of FFLs will transfer whatever M&P you want. those people waiting around for "the list" well that's their own problem.

BTW the trigger still sucks. i've dry fired a few 2.0's and they're definitely better than before but still not good. and that's free state trigger. once they put their 50 lb sear and trigger spring lord only knows what the "MA-model" M&P 2.0 will feel like.

please....the 2.0 is a 1.0 with a stipple job and some completely unnecessary changes that S&W claim are upgrades. the list says M&P 9. plenty of FFLs will transfer whatever M&P you want. those people waiting around for "the list" well that's their own problem.

BTW the trigger still sucks. i've dry fired a few 2.0's and they're definitely better than before but still not good. and that's free state trigger. once they put their 50 lb sear and trigger spring lord only knows what the "MA-model" M&P 2.0 will feel like.

I am not going to get into a prolonged discussion with you on the merits of the 2.0 and if there are enough modifications to justify the 2.0 moniker or maybe it should be the 1.1 or 1A. S&W made some changes and improvements and the only one I have an issue with is the reworking of the slide lock. I like the 1.0 and with slight modifications you can make the 2.0 work like the 1.0.

I agree on you assessment of FFLs. If you want to do a little legwork it is fairly easy to legally obtain a 2.0 in MA.

As far as the trigger I pretty much agree with you after owning both. The 2.0 is definitely better than the 1.0 however it can't compare to an Apex. I have a 1.0 with the Apex sear forward trigger and DCAEK. There are few M&Ps you will find with a better trigger (unless they have also have a full APEX setup).

Like I said previously, I would not go out and jump on a 2.0 if you have a 1.0 that has a trigger job and sights. I won the 2.0 and was going to sell it NIB until my wife decided she wanted it.

Last edited:
I'm pleased enough with my 2.0 to buy a second and replace my G17/G19 carry guns. I shoOT the 2.0 faster and it has proven to be just as reliable so far. Buying a 2.0 compact next.

Last edited:
I got an M&P 2.0 compact in last week, I think it's great. Grip texture is awesome, trigger breaks clean just a hair above 5 lbs, it's a great size/weight. Only Apex upgrade I might consider is a USB to clean up a slight roughness on the takeup which you don't even notice while shooting it, and might clean itself up after a few hundred rounds. All in all I think it's a homerun.

The scuttlebutt I heard from an FFL is that there is going to be some good stuff on the list. He said that Springfield Armory has six guns in for approval. Of course I have no way of knowing if he was just speculating or if this is true. I guess we'll know when we know.

I'm surprised that no one has any scuttlebutt on the new list yet.

I don't want a gun that dimples has approved on principle. Moreover as a practical matter on a striker gun once an additional manual safety is added I'm not interested.

Dimples the tyrant doesn't approve anything. The manuf sends her a letter and she basically does nothing with it.

That said, I will never own a ****ed up MA trigger gun, ever. Or one with what amounts to a "mandated safety" (like the P320 mass version, or that piece of shit mass neutered Kahr PM9 with the horrible safety lever and chamber pride flag on top of it).

-Mike

Dimples the tyrant doesn't approve anything. The manuf sends her a letter and she basically does nothing with it.

-Mike
I'm using dimples as a metaphor for our nanny state of course. I didn't think she personally took a massified 2.0 to the parents' farm to do a few drop tests from the hay loft.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom