• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anti hunters in VT go after hunters

They're Guilty

View attachment 553124
220px-HarryDeanStanton-1.jpg

Alien cast member, Harry Dean Stanton

"The loose dog attacked one of the hunters’ leashed hounds, causing injuries that needed veterinary care, officials said."

I'm not sure if I wouldn't have killed her dog once one of mine started bleeding, assuming mine was on a leash. I wonder what the laws say about that[thinking]

Release your dog on a pack of dogs being controlled by men with guns hunting bear... 🤔 ...apparently good decisions are not strong with this one and it's girlfriend.

And GUILTY AF! You guys and your lights and paper bags! 😬

I’ve hunted bear with hounds and they are not leashed while chasing the bear. We would leash them to return to the truck. We’ve encountered lots of anti hunters and the dog handlers response was “We are tracking the dogs that are chasing a bear ... dogs don’t know property lines”

Honestly the state should've arrested both of the ladies. What they did was assault and battery on top of vandalism. Unleashing a dog with intent for it to harm should've led to the state pressing charges. Vt has become very liberal and that mentality is overtaking thier politics as well. As we've seen this past 2 years, that feel they can resort to violence to justify thier end game which is a bad rationale. Shame on Vt law enforcement for basically letting this slide unless thier is much more to the story. I believe you can hunt on unposted property legally although most hunters try not to if known which is why these hunters retreated.

I’ve hunted bear with hounds and they are not leashed while chasing the bear. We would leash them to return to the truck. We’ve encountered lots of anti hunters and the dog handlers response was “We are tracking the dogs that are chasing a bear ... dogs don’t know property lines”
Just saw a video by a Vermont farmer about this. He raises ducks and geese.

In order to post land in Vermont no hunting, you must register with the town clerk in January; post dated signs yearly; and have signs every 400’ feet.

Some hunters or others remove some signs so prosecuting anyone is unlikely even if the other steps were followed.

NH requires signs every 300’, the specific activities prohibited, and the name of the owner.

So sue them in civil court for the vet bill and the tow truck that had to fill up the tires with air.
Could also file charges at the local PD for the destruction of property, the vehicles they flatten the tires. Something MA cops used to do, and may still, was to cite the value of the entire vehicle when the damage was actually very minor since the victim is deprived from the full and regular use of the vehicle. This quickly moved the charges from minor to felony. In the days of wire antennas, a kid bending a $5 antenna could face a felony because that antenna was on a $20k car.

Going back into my memory banks, the definition of Malicious Property Damage was changed by the legislature from the dollar amount of the damage to the dollar value of the vehicle itself. That changed where it went from being a misdemeanor to where it became felony.

Could also file charges at the local PD for the destruction of property, the vehicles they flatten the tires. Something MA cops used to do, and may still, was to cite the value of the entire vehicle when the damage was actually very minor since the victim is deprived from the full and regular use of the vehicle. This quickly moved the charges from minor to felony. In the days of wire antennas, a kid bending a $5 antenna could face a felony because that antenna was on a $20k car.

Just saw a video by a Vermont farmer about this. He raises ducks and geese.

In order to post land in Vermont no hunting, you must register with the town clerk in January; post dated signs yearly; and have signs every 400’ feet.

Some hunters or others remove some signs so prosecuting anyone is unlikely even if the other steps were followed.

NH requires signs every 300’, the specific activities prohibited, and the name of the owner.
Correct. Except for the January part. It can be done any time of year. The language around the 'annually' requirement is a bit ambiguous.
Vermont Laws
Vermont Laws

Back
Top Bottom