• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ANTI HEALEY YARD SIGNS (guaging interest)

what do you think

• I would order one

Votes: 46 52.3%
  • Not a good idea

Votes: 14 15.9%
  • i would order multiple

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • i would donate for extras to be put in strategic locations

Votes: 30 34.1%

• Total voters
OK so i have been complaining about GOAL not doing enough so i guess i have to see how many others would want a yard sign to show their personal disappointment in Healey's actions.

The more I buy the cheaper they will be. I am thinking I will guage interest now to see how many we can get. I am figuring on a set price per sign which will be corrugated plastic 18 inch by 24 inch with a 24 inch high by 10 inch wide wire yard stand. i am posting this to see who would want some and how many each you would want.

lets just say they are $10 each and if i get a large enough order I can either lower the price or i could just order extra signs and get them out to peoples businesses and homes in strategic areas that would help our cause.

Proof.ashx

Last edited:
I'm not sure if that sign really gets the message out?
I think we need to focus on the mis use and over reach of power.?
Sorry I can't offer any idea but I'm on board for something... I will make a donation if you move forward.

I'm not sure if that sign really gets the message out?
I think we need to focus on the mis use and over reach of power.?
Sorry I can't offer any idea but I'm on board for something... I will make a donation if you move forward.

that is why i went with the reinterpret rights away part and then piggybacked on The healey hurts families website.

Not a fan of the vague and wishy washy "healy hurts family's" that GOAL has been pimping. More anger and a clearer message are required

I like the "wishy washy", as you put it, precisely because it gets my neighbor to ask "what's that all about?" so that I can make a case instead of just writing me off as "a gun nut" and never hearing why this might matter to a person who otherwise supports Healey's opinion of guns.

I like the "wishy washy", as you put it, precisely because it gets my neighbor to ask "what's that all about?" so that I can make a case instead of just writing me off as "a gun nut" and never hearing why this might matter to a person who otherwise supports Healey's opinion of guns.

Very well put. Now is the time to play it smart and not push those who are on the fence in the wrong direction.

I made the sign the way i did because

1. gun guys are on our side.

2. anti's will almost always be anti's

3. I want the average joe or jane to ask what do you mean "reinterpret" rights. or visit the site to see what is up. i think the average middle of the road person who listens to our argument will see our side.

Hitler Healey is attention getting but looks like a juvenile response imho

- - - Updated - - -

I want one spelled... Healy.

why???????????

GOAL has yard signs available at the office. They're asking for a $5 donation for each so they can make more as they run out.

I made the sign the way i did because

3. I want the average joe or jane to ask what do you mean "reinterpret" rights. or visit the site to see what is up. i think the average middle of the road person who listens to our argument will see our side.

Hitler Healey is attention getting but looks like a juvenile response imho

- - - Updated - - -

why???????????
Kudos to your efforts, BUT..

(then you don't need a sign for them. They're firmly solidly pissed and convinced of her tyrrany already)
(then you don't need a sign cuz they despise your icky-nasty-evil guns anyways and don't give a flying rat's f*ck as to any "message" you wanna spread about them. They've been BRAINWASHED thoroughly. Trump is evil and nasty and bigoted and dangerous blah blah and should be, in their f*cked up liberal minds, removed from our great shiny-happy society....Your guns? Evil, nasty bigoted and dangerous and they should be spat on, egged, removed from our great shiny-happy society. Spit on Trump's sign, spit on yours too. And they can somehow justify both. So your sign has zero positive effect on them)
(Then narrow /simplify /target a better message).

Part of what I do for a living involves message/targeting/branding etc... These days? The average Joe and Jane are, as my Irish Grandpa would say, "running around like a chicken with its head cut off", working two to five jobs each and making "just enough" to stay "just a little bit behind". They don't have time to watch a 30 second message on TV, so they DVR quickly past it. They haven't even had sex in months, cuz they're overly exhausted/overwhelmed/over-messaged/over literally everything you can think of. Every effin station they tune to in the car is a COMMERCIAL..Every show they watch on TV is saturated with them too, to the point where there are little boxes in every corner of the screen with an AD of some friggin sort, pitching or reminding you about SOMETHING...

Joe & Jane?.. Their lives are spinning crazy and they're waking up three years later wondering what happened to the past thousand days, if you get my drift.. A message has to be either QUICK AND TO THE POINT or they're gone. And if you need to catch their attention, you need a gimmick...or a better, more targeted quickly defined message. Look at Trump versus the bitch. "Make America Great Again" has been the brand from day one... Hers is "Stronger Together" ...?? .. Stronger doing.. what? Accomplishing what? With... who? Together?... with the Syrians? With the BLMers she's in bed with?...her brand is "Together"? Huh??

I never needed a GoDaddy website, had no interest in their message, yet I know what GoDaddy's business is. I never would've even noticed their ad, but their "gimmick" was, um, quite noticeable. I really didn't have time to watch their ads...but I stopped fast forwarding the DVR when they came on.
[emoji6].... Not suggesting you dress your wife or girlfriend in a Pro2A bikini, just making a point to you..

(if you want any advice or just shoot the breeze about your endeavor, feel free to pm me)

Last edited:
I like the sign! The message is perfect for the sheep. They hate guns, but also hate tyranny. [thinking]

I also live in a condo and can't post the sign. Where do I send money for "extras put in strategic locations?" Please let us know.

im just gusaging interest before i spend a few hundred plus dollars and get a hundred signs clogging up my apartment.

any other ideas on improving.

Do you do PR or marketing?

I'd welcome your contribution, whatcha got?

Look I don't mean to be a dick. I'm as pissed off about this as anyone else. Personally I think it is a futile effort, because nobody but us cares

I know people who have no interest in politics at all. They don't vote, don't watch the news and probably couldn't tell you the governors name never mind the AG. They are not anti gun though

These are the people you are trying to reach. Joe Sixpack and his wife that don't even realize it is legal to carry firearms. I've been asked many times by people when the subject of CC comes up. "You carry a GUN? Is that legal?"

These people are not anti gun, they just don't have a real opinion on it because they have never really thought about it before.

I think that anyone who follows politics beyond voting every 4 years already has an opinion on gun ownership. Those people are either already with us or rabidly against us.

I think if any message were to have a chance at reaching the right demographic , it would have to instantly grab your attention, provoke some kind of emotional response and be simple enough for the politically uneducated to understand.

"Healey Hurts Families" seems bad because the people you want to reach probably don't even know who Healey is.

Just my 2 cents ✌️

Do you do PR or marketing?

I'd welcome your contribution, whatcha got?

This is part of an email I sent, but I figured some additional input might be interesting. Personally I think it's a great idea, but obviously I'm biased [grin] . I've been thinking about doing the Part B myself (I don 't think I "need" it but I'd certainly ask for GOAL's OK) using the healeyhurtsfamilies.com address.

"...idea, and I’ve put a lot of thought into this, is all about getting noticed. There are two key components to it. First is a web page that focuses on all the outrageous stuff the AG is doing. The overreach of the 20[SUP]th[/SUP] should take center stage but also the issues around ExxonMobil, the Congressional Subpoena, Glock and Remington, the refusal to provide public documents, and anything else that she has done. Definitely highlight that this will cost the taxpayer $$$$. But the biggest part of this is that it should not have GOAL plastered across the top. Don’t hide the GOAL affiliation, just make sure a new viewer has to read the page before they come across a reference to GOAL, maybe put it at the bottom. It’s a little tough to make this not about guns when Gun Owners Action League is front and center. Again, not looking to hide anything, just want the newcomers to see what is happening without preconceived ideas getting in the way. All this is just part A of the second idea, but it’s the part that requires GOAL resources. Please tell me that GOAL own the healeyhurtsfamilies.org domain, this would be ideal for the web site. It should not just redirect to goal.org, it needs to have its own identity.

Part B is sort of a modified guerrilla marketing campaign and I can make this happen with only an OK from GOAL, no cost whatsoever. The idea is to print up some business cards with “Attorney General Maura Healey” “Civil Rights Wrecking Machine” (yellow background, black text) on the front, with the website address on the back along with the #HealeyHurtsFamilies. I’d do a group buy on NES for packs of 20 or 25, with the intent that people can leave them wherever and whenever they feel like it (that’s the guerrilla marketing part). It’s all about getting noticed. The limited information drives people to the web site, and just maybe the press will take notice. There is no down side, the AG is already claiming public support so increasing attention to the issue won’t help her, it will only helps us."

Vista print gave me a price of $19.99 for 1K so there is no point in doing a group buy, I can just buy them. I would REALLY like to get GOAL's endorsment. But if people are interested I'll buy them mail them out or pass them around.

healey.JPG

I went with single sided blank back, but I could do it the same on both sides.

eta: the double sided with a promo discount brings it up to $33.48 for 1K. Seems like a lot of bang for the buck.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom