Anti gun statements by gunshop employees ?????

Please fill in the blanks.
1. GP
2.________________
3.________________
4.________________
5.________________
6.________________

Not going to start a shit show here, some of these places are sacred cows by some. Most of them are self evidentary though. And anyone whose been around here even a few years knows who half of them are, lol.

Stuff like that bother me.

If they do it to Cabelas or Bass Pro, fine.

But doing it to a small store, because they might have sold 10 Glocks so they destroy his business?

Any small gun store that drops a dime on another will never get my business and I will steer everyone away from that place.

Rule number one is don't snitch.

I always finds it interesting that the idiot at the Trading Post is boycotted and shunned for ratting out Bass Pro. Though Carl does it to another Gun Store and he gets away Scott free. No boycott or shunning. We are a fickled lot.
I think most of FS shoppers have no idea. And I think most wouldn’t stop shopping even if they did know. Because, you know, they drove 50 miles each way to save $30 on a gun compared to another shop 🙄

I think most of FS shoppers have no idea. And I think most wouldn’t stop shopping even if they did know. Because, you know, they drove 50 miles each way to save $30 on a gun compared to another shop 🙄

This.... I also think they simply just don't care. If David Linsky ran a gun shop most MA skinflints would buy shit from him if it was $10 cheaper. Even if farm animals were audible in the background.

"Sir I gotta ask, is that a horse back there?"
"Yeah. That's my pet horse. I named him "Mass Compliant" It's name has a double meaning if you catch my drift. "

You gonna leave some positive feedback for the guy you bought from? He left for you
[devil]

My experiences there were exactly as described. I also was unfortunate enough to buy from a place in Woburn so I suppose I shall take all my credit cards to the Mill on Saturday before the Installation of the New Regime

I always finds it interesting that the idiot at the Trading Post is boycotted and shunned for ratting out Bass Pro. Though Carl does it to another Gun Store and he gets away Scott free. No boycott or shunning. We are a fickled lot.
This.....and Carl was the OG superspreader of "glocks are illegal in MA" all the while, having a good business selling 20 year old shitter glocks for 800 dollars to unsuspecting metrowest nubes.

Never been to the store, never will......never understood why people will flock to the place on and wait in line there on a fxcking deli ticket to save 20 dollars and spend the same 20 dollars or more in gas to get there.

If your gonna flint......buy online with better prices than FS has, pay no tax, pick up at local dealer 3 mins from your house.

Im lucky to have a VERY good dealer mins from my house now who is great at inbound transfers.

Last edited:
Just wanted to add that ive never had an issue with the gun parlor and 2 employees there were super helpful and patient with me years ago I have got 2 guns from them. Excellent price and very happy.
4 seasons in Woburn I have had no problems ever. I will say, sometimes it's ridiculously busy. There are not many gun stores around especially with many employees and the inventory they have and what they offer. I have purchased 4 firearms in 5 years from 4Seasons and I think the ammo is 35% more expensive than normal. The prices I've paid for firearms were excellent. I would go back to both. Both these stores have treated me very well. Except for when they are busy like a zoo and then it's chaos.

Just wanted to add that ive never had an issue with the gun parlor and 2 employees there were super helpful and patient with me years ago I have got 2 guns from them. Excellent price and very happy.
4 seasons in Woburn I have had no problems ever. I will say, sometimes it's ridiculously busy. There are not many gun stores around especially with many employees and the inventory they have and what they offer. I have purchased 4 firearms in 5 years from 4Seasons and I think the ammo is 35% more expensive than normal. The prices I've paid for firearms were excellent. I would go back to both. Both these stores have treated me very well. Except for when they are busy like a zoo and then it's chaos.
Both are pretty much NOOB places to buy guns. Woburn you may get deals...but its way too far for me and guns online are priced cheaper than the deli ticket, and I get to pick up a my local FFL 5 mins from my house. No better way IMHO in Central/Western MA, as we just don't have any good large stocking dealers in our area.

I guess the largest one not in Worcester would be in Belchertown, but again too far for me, and the owner is not exactly friendly, though he does carry lots of stock on guns and archery and fishing supplies. Hes also nowhere I'd go for a transfer because he would be an ahole about it.

In my area, the Gun Parlor is the only game in town realistically with large stock. They are WAY overpriced. They've also done some stupid media things in the past which has given them a bad rep. I know people that work in there and they aren't bad guys behind the counter.

Noobs go there and think they are OK....and that's fine for them for their one first purchase. If you think your getting a deal there, you haven't shopped online or probably anywhere else, the gun parlor prices way above most dealers. Their big draw is the range, and that their are pretty much no FFL's in the Worcester area competing with them. Good for people who have no idea what they want.

Last edited:
Both are pretty much NOOB places to buy guns. Woburn you may get deals...but its way too far for me and guns online are priced cheaper than the deli ticket, and I ger to pick up a my local FFL 5 mins from my house. No better way IMHO.

In my area, the Gun Parlor is the only game in town realistically with large stock. They are WAY overpriced. They've also done some stupid media things in the past. Noobs go there and think they are OK....and that's fine for them for their one first purchase. If you think your getting a deal there, you haven't shopped online.

The Gun Parlor always reminds me of The Gun Room in Shrewsbury when it came to their prices. The guy at the The Gun Room didn't care he was the most expensive place, and a jerk as a matter of fact, because he still sold a ton of stock and ammo. Most people I guess do not shop around for better pricing.

Both are pretty much NOOB places to buy guns. Woburn you may get deals...but its way too far for me and guns online are priced cheaper than the deli ticket, and I get to pick up a my local FFL 5 mins from my house. No better way IMHO in Central/Western MA, as we just don't have any good large stocking dealers in our area.

I guess the largest one not in Worcester would be in Belchertown, but again too far for me, and the owner is not exactly friendly, though he does carry lots of stock on guns and archery and fishing supplies. Hes also nowhere I'd go for a transfer because he would be an ahole about it.

In my area, the Gun Parlor is the only game in town realistically with large stock. They are WAY overpriced. They've also done some stupid media things in the past which has given them a bad rep. I know people that work in there and they aren't bad guys behind the counter.

Noobs go there and think they are OK....and that's fine for them for their one first purchase. If you think your getting a deal there, you haven't shopped online or probably anywhere else, the gun parlor prices way above most dealers. Their big draw is the range, and that their are pretty much no FFL's in the Worcester area competing with them. Good for people who have no idea what they want.
Not everyone wants to buy something without inspecting it first. I won't. New or not. The hassle when it goes wrong is not worth a few dollars you end up possibly saving.

Being in a free state. I prefer used guns and really save cash. Especially when they have holsters, mags and ammo to boot. But, what do I know. Guess I am a noob. Been shooting for 40 years. Some day. I won't be a noob...some day

A friend just came back from 1st Round Academy the other day. He thinks they are superior in every way! Great prices, good selection, friendly and knowledgeable staff. He even met the owner, who turned out to be a decent, friendly fella.
I am going to pay them!

P.S. Yes, I have friends. Yes, they are saner than me [troll]

I have shot with a number of LEO's, 95% of them need all the ammo they can carry. They qualify twice a year, and thats all they shoot each year. They have high opinions of themselves in most cases, so when humbled when shooting a ppc course most have an excuse that is mostly I dont get the chance to shoot during the week

Not everyone wants to buy something without inspecting it first. I won't. New or not. The hassle when it goes wrong is not worth a few dollars you end up possibly saving.

Being in a free state. I prefer used guns and really save cash. Especially when they have holsters, mags and ammo to boot. But, what do I know. Guess I am a noob. Been shooting for 40 years. Some day. I won't be a noob...some day
Used guns for the win.......never said anything about used guns. Why would you think your a noob buying used guns? .....noobs definately don't buy used guns, because they don't know any better how to evaluate them.

I've never had a bad experience buying online. Not sure what hassle your talking about. Order gun....pick up 5 mins from my house. Done.

Would I order a 4K over an under that I'm worried about wood quality and fit and finish.....probably not. One time, I did take a chance once and order my Browning 2300 dollar O/U because it was 2700 everywhere else. And yes, got lucky the wood came in fantastic figure and fit and finish and better than I ever thought it would. But yes it could have been a pain if something was damaged, but 500 dollars savings is nothing to sneeze at either.

Besides.....Browning makes everything right real quick if something was wrong. Great customer service. So it really depends on what make your buying. Plastic pistols and cheap shotguns or rifles.....Not much can go wrong there.

Last edited:
The Gun Parlor always reminds me of The Gun Room in Shrewsbury when it came to their prices. The guy at the The Gun Room didn't care he was the most expensive place, and a jerk as a matter of fact, because he still sold a ton of stock and ammo. Most people I guess do not shop around for better pricing.
Back then.....same thing....not that many gun stores in the area.......Bobs and maybe a few others, Northboro trading for a while.

Then again, there was no online option to buy guns back then to stay away from local douchebaggery.

Hey, R and R is like the old Western movies: when the new cowboy walks into the saloon, the music stops and everyone turns around to stare! But they always stock shiners . ...

Used guns for the win.......never said anything about used guns. Why would you think your a noob buying used guns? .....noobs definately don't buy used guns, because they don't know any better how to evaluate them.

I've never had a bad experience buying online. Not sure what hassle your talking about. Order gun....pick up 5 mins from my house. Done.

Would I order a 4K over an under that I'm worried about wood quality and fit and finish.....probably not. One time, I did take a chance once and order my Browning 2300 dollar O/U because it was 2700 everywhere else. And yes, got lucky the wood came in fantastic figure and fit and finish and better than I ever thought it would. But yes it could have been a pain if something was damaged, but 500 dollars savings is nothing to sneeze at either.

Besides.....Browning makes everything right real quick if something was wrong. Great customer service. So it really depends on what make your buying. Plastic pistols and cheap shotguns or rifles.....Not much can go wrong there.
You basically called anyone who doesn't order online a noob. That was the point. It's not because I don't buy stuff that is cheap. My last purchase was an M82A1. Saw it in person and handed over the cash. Ammo, on the other hand. Is so much better online. Especially for that ammo. Fedex guy doesn't like me.

I am poking fun here. I know I am not a noob. But, I never will say. I know it all

Rich has become a lot more relaxed over the past 5 years. Your 3 choices in thus area are R&R which tried selling me a Stoeger that magazines are impossible to get right now, Nick's which I have no experience with, and Swift River which mostly deals in gunsmithing now but does great work.

My father spoke highly of Weir River gun shop, but they don't exist anymore.

I have shot with a number of LEO's, 95% of them need all the ammo they can carry. They qualify twice a year, and thats all they shoot each year. They have high opinions of themselves in most cases, so when humbled when shooting a ppc course most have an excuse that is mostly I dont get the chance to shoot during the week
Terrible excuse. I don't know why so many Leo can't shoot for shit but it's a well deserved reputation.

Last weekend on our indoor range there was a guy in the next lane from me "holster drawing".......with a 2 foot by 2 foot target set at about 15 feet. Our indoor range rules specifically state no holster draw......for a reason.....there is a bench in front of you and holster drawing behind a bench is just plain dangerous.....can hit the bench and cause the shooter to drop the pistol or ND. Its just a good rule imo. What drew my attention to him was that I noticed at the backstop his rounds were skipping off the floor a foot in front of the actual rubber media. So I tool a look around the divider and saw him holster draw. I'm a ro at the club so very politely asked him to stop shooting and introduced myself.....Pointed to the range rules on the wall and said please abide the rules you got a bench in front of you and you can't holster draw on the indoor range. He said well I'm a police officer and practicing for my qualifications. Told him Law enforcement is not exempt from our range rules thats actually written in our range rules as well. Looked at his target during the discussion.....wow.....he def needs the "practice" 😳

Terrible excuse. I don't know why so many Leo can't shoot for shit but it's a well deserved reputation.

Last weekend on our indoor range there was a guy in the next lane from me "holster drawing".......with a 2 foot by 2 foot target set at about 15 feet. Our indoor range rules specifically state no holster draw......for a reason.....there is a bench in front of you and holster drawing behind a bench is just plain dangerous.....can hit the bench and cause the shooter to drop the pistol or ND. Its just a good rule imo. What drew my attention to him was that I noticed at the backstop his rounds were skipping off the floor a foot in front of the actual rubber media. So I tool a look around the divider and saw him holster draw. I'm a ro at the club so very politely asked him to stop shooting and introduced myself.....Pointed to the range rules on the wall and said please abide the rules you got a bench in front of you and you can't holster draw on the indoor range. He said well I'm a police officer and practicing for my qualifications. Told him Law enforcement is not exempt from our range rules thats actually written in our range rules as well. Looked at his target during the discussion.....wow.....he def needs the "practice" 😳
Was that who put the slug thru the bench on the 2nd lane from the right?

Rich has become a lot more relaxed over the past 5 years. Your 3 choices in thus area are R&R which tried selling me a Stoeger that magazines are impossible to get right now, Nick's which I have no experience with, and Swift River which mostly deals in gunsmithing now but does great work.

My father spoke highly of Weir River gun shop, but they don't exist anymore.

Nicks is excellent. Under new ownership. It was great before, and is still great

I shot a respectable 492, the nearest shooter was 387 and it went down hill from there. Cannot for the life of me understand why a profession that you carry a weapon you are not proficient with it, especially when it could be your life on the line

I shot a respectable 492, the nearest shooter was 387 and it went down hill from there. Cannot for the life of me understand why a profession that you carry a weapon you are not proficient with it, especially when it could be your life on the line
Because most cops treat the gun the same as a ballpoint pen. It is a tool they have to carry and may have to use.

As a retired cop and a friend to many that were on the department when I lived in MA, I offered to take any officer to my gun club as a guest and let them practice. I made this offer numerous times to numerous officers. Nobody ever took me up on it and one told me that only if the chief authorized it as OT and provided ammo. My former department only qualified once/year and they only shot 100 rds each year. Cost of ammo and OT dropped the prior 2x/year qualifications that we used to do many years ago.

Back
Top Bottom