Anti gun statements by gunshop employees ?????

I've seen some interesting shit at that shop. I tell noobs not to go there unless they know exactly what they want. I tell them go to a smaller shop with a better clerk to customer ratio so the clerk can spend some time with them, it's worth the extra 15% + that they'll pay. I just missed the time Shaq was in there buying a hammerless revolver. The highlight of my 100's of visits was about ten years ago, I got to meet LenS. We were the only two in the store with two wheel hand trucks.
I always wonder why would anyone go into the shop if you DO know what is it you want? There is a gunbroker for that, when you DO know.

I was the one that suggested the Deli Number thing to the owner. If you'd ever been there on a Thursday afternoon or Saturday it was pandemonium. People just mill about for a while and leave. You've got 20' of glass counter, two registers and 6 to 8 clerks with 50 people in that tiny store. I suggested several times they need a bigger space, but the owner always says that would incur more cost, thus raising the prices. Finally I gave up and suggested the Deli Number system and less than a year later it was in place. I haven't been in for a while and I only know two people that still work there and the owner. To my knowledge the owner has no family involved in the business.
You are not the only one who brought the matter up in a private conversation with Carl before it happened. Perhaps proof that great minds think like.

I always wonder why would anyone go into the shop if you DO know what is it you want? There is a gunbroker for that, when you DO know.
Because shops sell tickytack stuff one camt be bothered to get online. And sometimes good shops aren't any different than gunbroker, perhaps better because you can touch the gun before buying it. Developing a relationship with a good dealer pays all kinds of dividends.

Also, once in a blue moon..... used bargain guns appear. You're much more likely to find something that's underpriced for the market on a consignment rack somewhere versus GunBroker which is going to demand market value. It doesn't happen that often but sometimes you can get a good win on a used gun just by browsing.

Because shops sell tickytack stuff one camt be bothered to get online. And sometimes good shops aren't any different than gunbroker, perhaps better because you can touch the gun before buying it. Developing a relationship with a good dealer pays all kinds of dividends.

Also, once in a blue moon..... used bargain guns appear. You're much more likely to find something that's underpriced for the market on a consignment rack somewhere versus GunBroker which is going to demand market value. It doesn't happen that often but sometimes you can get a good win on a used gun just by browsing.
I have never seen anything in an MA gun store that would be cheaper than a gunbroker deal plus a transfer fee.
May be one day I may see it, but, I kinda doubt it. It’s usually a gunbroker price plus a $150 fee for being a moron who cannot use internet. :)

I have never seen anything in an MA gun store that would be cheaper than a gunbroker deal plus a transfer fee.
May be one day I may see it, but, I kinda doubt it. It’s usually a gunbroker price plus a $150 fee for being a moron who cannot use internet. :)
I use internet. But I prefer to support the local guys that can help me if I need it. More if an investment

My bet is that it was a Waltham shop. That sort of philosophy would fit very well with that particular shop.
I had the same thought.

To my eternal shame, my first pistol, as a noob LTC holder, came from there. I didn’t know any better … Was not a great sales experience, so I never went back.

Yup. And there is sticker/tag price, and, you’re a repeat customer pricing, especially on used guns.

Shit. I don’t think I knew that was a shop that ratted them out. I still would love to know the a**h*** who “reported” Targetsports and did that interview with channel 5 or 7
Was this recent? TSUSA is still GTG for orders.

Been thinking bout the statement I heard over the Christmas season at the local shop. Was in there with the kids, window shopping and seeing what was new in the place. The counter person, whom has been there for years and I believe is related to the owner, was speaking to a new shooter about Mass compliant issue and the usual. Now there is a large LE contingent involved in the place and management at this place, but I have always found the place a great shop. UNTIL ,,,, I heard the counter person state, "I think no one other than LE needs more than ten rounds and I support limiting people" !!! I personally will not shop there now, and it just solidifies my distrust, or jaded view, of the I got mine so FU some in the LE community have.

Have any of you ever heard these statements from the same people that we funnel money to ? Thoughts ????
Geezus , you should have heard the FUDD crap I heard growing up in the 80s early 90s
You could not even buy more than a few boxes of any ammo other thsn 22lr or shot shell, they just did not stock it.
“Most” are long outvof business now and there are a lot more gun shops in MA now with better owners these days.
IDK but I feel like the FFL dealers in MA are still largely retired LEO owned. I could be wrong.

Oh and out the shop and the sales person.

So as of now the "OP" has failed to disclose the shop. I don't care about being nice, Gun shops that have that presence and attitude need to be outed. Those that refuse to do so are part of the problem. If a person will not stand up and call shit, shit, on something like this, then they won't do it when it really gets bad.

Last edited:
SIG 365

There is one GB dealer offering them with free shipping and no CC fee for $499, after transfer you are paying $520. I think most stores here have them for that, maybe $550.

But everyone else is charging shipping + transfer = more expensive than at the store.

So they misspelled "raffle" and just went with it?

Kinda like a long ass time ago on a California motorcycle forum someone typed "sportbile" instead of "sportbike". I don't think it has stopped to this day on BARF.
not misspelled, it was an intentional, intricate unbreakable code... you couldn't figure it out [rofl]

I've seen some interesting shit at that shop. I tell noobs not to go there unless they know exactly what they want. I tell them go to a smaller shop with a better clerk to customer ratio so the clerk can spend some time with them, it's worth the extra 15% + that they'll pay. I just missed the time Shaq was in there buying a hammerless revolver. The highlight of my 100's of visits was about ten years ago, I got to meet LenS. We were the only two in the store with two wheel hand trucks.
The first time we met was chatting in the parking lot at the Jesse Cohen cookout when Jesse's girlfriend stepped out of the car!! o_O

It was more than 10 yrs ago when I bought so many cases of ammo that Carl had to wheel them out to my car using the two-wheel hand truck. IIRC, most of those cases (9mm, .45ACP, .223, etc.) were $100/case (of 1000 rds) and we haven't seen those prices in a very long time.
You are not the only one who brought the matter up in a private conversation with Carl before it happened. Perhaps proof that great minds think like.
True, I also mentioned to Carl that members here were pissed at being ignored in the store when it was crowded. Carl responded that perhaps the deli ticket would be fairer to everyone.

I remember when the Deli Ticket store dropped a dime on the new LGS in Dracut, for selling new Glocks at fair market price, cause he believed they were OK cause they were on the 'List'.
He's since closed the shop

Back
Top Bottom