anti gun sign

...their policy will be detrimental to their business.

It's nice to think that, but the truth is they've been around and doing just fine with the verbiage on the entryway. What makes you believe a thread on NES will have them running for a razorblade to scrape away the sign?

Don't tell them you are carrying until you have spent an hour or more of their time choosing some over priced sh*t (go for something really expensive) and they are about to put your credit card through. Then tell them you must leave immediately because you have just seen their sign - put your hand over your concealed gun to indicate you are carrying. Insist that you don't want to get them into trouble. Get your friends to do the same.

Wright Jewelry in Hudson is where I go.

The owner, Lee, is a member of the local club and is a high power shooter. Although he has some nice stuff in stock, the best way is to let him know what you are looking for and give him a week or so to go 'shopping'. Got some really cool stuff for great prices over the years. He can also handle all the resize and repair work you might want.

I met Lee a few years back, great guy. 1st person to show me a "green card".
I wired a row of store fronts up the street from him that are still empty.

You've seen it before, but might as well post it.

gunfreezonedang.jpg

I'm not sure if their sign carries any trespassing weight at all. They are renters at the mall not property owners. there's no sign upon entering the mall to disarm, like I would, and this is the only store in the mall who has this type of sign..

I have a friend who owns a few stores, if you want a deal on jewelry, pm me. F Jareds.

Let's look at a real hypothetical situation. You're in Jared's, carrying concealed, two BG's grab your wife and try to rob the store with her as hostage....your move? Do you risk 'outing yourself' at Jared's ?

Last edited:
Let's look at a real hypothetical situation. You're in Jared's, carrying concealed, two BG's grab your wife and try to rob the store with her as hostage....your move? Do you risk 'outing yourself' at Jared's ?

Not+Sure+if+serious.jpg

I've spent a weekend with family so my sarcasm detector may be a little overused and tired right now.

Aren't jewelry stores usually robbed by ramming a car through the front wall / windows, instead of by holding it up with a gun? They should ban cars from the parking lot too.

And I HATE their stupid jingle. (whiny singing ) "That's Jareeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!!!!!" Shut up!!!! Make it stop!!!!

went to the one in Plymouth/Kingston during Christmas. Told the manager that the sign out front just lost them a customer, he was very cool about it and replied with "i don't blame you its a stupid policy"

Probably a waste of effort but I sent Jared's an email explaining how the gun sign will only apply to law abiding gun owners and that a criminal will not be bothered by it. I told them that I was a member of a gun forum with over 15,000 members who are now aware of their discrimination against gun owners who wish to carry and that their policy will be detrimental to their business.

Looking forward to the results, not that I imagine you will get one...

It makes about as much sense as it does walking into that place wearing a T shirt with a notice printed "No retailer shall sell, or offer to sell, merchandise to this person at greater than 100% markup".

Private property, shop someplace else, and all that. But it does make me think it would be funny if someone printed up some, "Shall not be infringed" stickers and went to town at the various locations.

Anyone for a NES picket line with this sign?:

"There are NO GUNS in this store. They hate them. Even yours. An armed robber would not be resisted at this JEWELRY STORE."

Just a thought...
It is in the middle of a mall. Mall security would toss you out of the mall.

As others have said, there are far better jewelry stores. Just about any mall jewelry store sucks.

M1911, just as a point of reference: the store in Burlington is in a shopping center, not a mall. (I cannot remember if it is free standing, or attached to another building). It is really moot because like you said, the parking lot is private property and Security could tell you to leave.

Mark L.

M1911, just as a point of reference: the store in Burlington is in a shopping center, not a mall. (I cannot remember if it is free standing, or attached to another building). It is really moot because like you said, the parking lot is private property and Security could tell you to leave.
It used to be in Burlington Mall. Did it move?

The Jared's that I know of in Burllington is in the same shopping center as L.L. Bean which is across the street from the Capitol Grille. I have not been up that way for a while, so maybe it has moved.

Burlington to me, is just a place I have to drive thru, to get to Four Seasons [wink]

Mark L.

Last edited:
I know what a friend would do.

He would goto the bank, withdraw a few thousand dollars. Have me go with him, go find a few pieces, have the guy ring up order, have me 'point out' the sign after he pulled the wad of cash and started to count out the needed money. Look at the guy and go along the lines "Well, guess you don't want my business." put the cash away and leave.

I sent my comments to Jared corporate. I advised them to be sensible regarding this issue and follow the example of Starbucks. While not endorsing any side, Starbucks elected to respect the laws as they apply in each location. For example, where open carry is legal Starbucks has no position on open carry.

Skald, you SHOULD do that.

I've only seen the Toys R Us in Framingham actively put a sign that says no weapons in the store.

However I did get a lecture from a FedEx guy in Framingham for mailing my magazines back to Smith and Wesson.

Skald, you SHOULD do that.

I've only seen the Toys R Us in Framingham actively put a sign that says no weapons in the store.

However I did get a lecture from a FedEx guy in Framingham for mailing my magazines back to Smith and Wesson.

Well, I'm in FL and my friend is on tough times (lives in LA) and I'm disabled and slowly getting worse. Also, there was a big hooha by Disney about firearms and such, and the state very much told Disney to pound sand, the law is the law.

Well, I'm in FL and my friend is on tough times (lives in LA) and I'm disabled and slowly getting worse. Also, there was a big hooha by Disney about firearms and such, and the state very much told Disney to pound sand, the law is the law.

I recall a few years ago a discussion in a LE forum that when Disney called the local PD (think this was in FL) they demanded that the LEOs DISARM before entering Disney property (and we're talking uniformed responding officers)! Didn't go over real well as I recall! [rolleyes]

That's the kind of "fantasy world" these people live in! [thinking] [sad]

Back
Top Bottom