• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anti-Gun Owner Cartoon In The Monadnock Shopper "News"

Bendad97

Banned
To any of you in the Keene/Monadnock Region who get or read that piece of crap Monadnock Shopper, you may want to look at the VERY Anti-Gun cartoon on page 8 of the December 8 edition. While the illustrator is obviously poking fun at Ward Bird, (I'm not going to debate that here), he takes a pretty good swipe at ALL Gun Owners in NH.
I'm not so foolish as to be shocked by anything that come out of Left Wing Keene, but I would encourage all of you to write a letter or call this "newspaper" and let them know how you feel. I wrote a letter, and will also be calling some of the businesses that advertise in it to let them know that I will not be patronizing businesses that advertise in this Commie Rag.[angry]

It's a stupid cartoon but I don't see what the big deal is. Probably some moonbat made it... and as typical for moonbats, they're not even funny.

This paper looks like one of those snorefests you see distributed for free.

-Mike

Change one little item in that cartoon. Make the guy black.

Then stand back and watch the fireworks erupt over a racist cartoon.

"Too many people showin' up asking fer directions"

A shot at Ward Bird no doubt.

Well, if some repeat offending kook animal abuser with an assault rap sheet shows up at my door and refuses to leave I can't say I'd have been as understanding as Mr. Bird was.

There's no doubt that the guy is a card carrying member of the Obama Moonbat Militia. And yes, the paper is one of those free pieces of crap that gets mailed to you, or else I'd never read it. He has no paid circulation, which is why I had contacted a few of his advertisers, some of whom I know to be sportsmen.

Well right at the top of the page it tells the reader to "Tell them you saw it in The Monadnock Shopper"...

I'd tell a business person I saw their ad there, didn't like the other crap in there, and if they want my business they shouldn't advertise in it.

Of course it's tough for local businesses to get the word out to potential customers, but if enough of them complain to the editor/publisher, the political leanings will most likely disappear fairly quick.

Last edited:
Its a free "newspaper". I'd suggest helping yourselves to as many copies as you need for lining birdcages, wrapping fish or other such usefull applications.

Express you displeasure here at [email protected] or 603-357-9351

Another way to combat this moonbattery would be to leave negative reviews on third party websites such as superpages.com, other on-line directories and merchant review websites like Yelp.com. They're a small operation and should be sensitive to tactics like this.

Back
Top Bottom