• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anti-gun Liberal with a gun

Such a false sense security. Exactly how would a person carrying a weapon keep some one else from taking the gun from them.? To carry a weapon should require one to know martial art

Like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I call BS! Even with Four Season's awesome computerized 4473, it still takes longer than 7 minutes in and out the door.

The woman is trying to sell her story to the antis. So why not make something up.
***Even with the computerized 4473, the shop still had to call in for NICS, or so I thought.***

Why buy bullets? She probably thinks they come with those magical high capacity clips the lady n Colorado was talking about.

You have to buy bullets??? I thought my gun came preloaded! I have never shot it before so I never found out.

She claims getting her LTC was quicker than getting her dog license. How long does it take to get a dog license in her State? Or did they think the dog license was for her?

That article made me literally LOL several times.
She would have the same trepidation if she bought a chainsaw, a set of acetylene torches, a tall ladder, etc.
Any dangerous tool will be scary without the knowledge to operate it properly. The fact that she chose to use the tool without knowledge is her own fault.

Last edited:
I told her the responsible thing to do is to start a gun training class and teach people how to use the gun effectively and set a good example, not proving the government sucks because its laws don't "take care of us."

Then go ask Starbucks, in all of there stores how many guns have accidentally discharged causing injury in all the Starbucks because they were being wielded by a new or inexperienced user.

Then we'll compare it to the NHTSA notes of how many kids die from driving accidents while on their Learner's Permit and compare notes.

She would have the same trepidation if she bought a chainsaw, a set of acetylene torches, a tall ladder, etc.
Any dangerous tool will be scary without the knowledge to operate it properly. The fact that she chose to use the tool without knowledge is her own fault.

+1

I'd love to see the same article written by the same dingbat about buying and taking home and operating a gas welder setup without learning any background about it. Maybe she would pull over at a gas station and ask them if aceyltene tank had any gas in it? As an adult human being, you have a million years of evolution behind you telling you that learning how to use powerful tools is your own right and responsibility. And this lady is a disgrace and slap in the face to all of our development as an intelligent tool-using species so far.

I also love the phrasing of Starbucks having a policy of allowing open carry of firearms in their stores. No, Starbucks does not have any such policy. What they have for a policy is what our government should operate by. They have a policy of not prohibiting or infringing the legal conduct of their customers; which is completely in alignment their "Libertarian" viewpoint.

The whole issue of mandatory training gets my blood pressure into unsafe territory. We have enough abridging barriers to firearms ownership in the first place. Mandatory training only provides another choke-point in the system to impede the exercise of our rights. The whole system would be prime territory for regulatory meddling that could that could make it difficult or near impossible to find an "approved" class to get into. Instead of waiting 6 months for an appointment with your local PD to apply, how about having to wait 12 months for a cert from an "Approved" training facility before you can even book the appointment.

We have criminal and civil courts to sort out those who exercise their 2A right and then conduct themselves in an irresponsible fashion. That is how orderly society conducts itself. You buy a firearm for protection knowing the incredible responsibility that decision carries. Everyone knowingly or unknowingly makes a value decision about how much risk of liability they are willing to bear and either receives or doesn't receive a level of training they feel is appropriate to their own situation.

If the gov really thought some basic level of training was so important, they could offer refundable income tax credits to those who voluntarily take approved training classes. The tax code is heavily used to encourage what the gov considers good behavior, so why not here. Insurance companies do it with motorcycle riders. Take an approved safe riding course and you get a discount on your insurance.

"Getting the permit to carry a concealed weapon was simple. I filled out a form, had my fingerprints taken for a background check and paid $56.50. No training required. It took far longer to get my dog a license."

Obviously, this individual is not living in Massachusetts.

When reading some of the comments somebody stated that she was showing just how easy it was to get a permit and a gun and how that was wrong.
That's when two things ran thru my head.
I would like her to get convicted of some felony and or crime then try and get her lic/gun and tell me just how easy it is
Second I don't need a license to buy a car and after seeing many cars on the road it is clear some people don't know how to operate them either even though they got a permit/lic

On the other hand she can go ****herself

The whole issue of mandatory training gets my blood pressure into unsafe territory. We have enough abridging barriers to firearms ownership in the first place. Mandatory training only provides another choke-point in the system to impede the exercise of our rights. The whole system would be prime territory for regulatory meddling that could that could make it difficult or near impossible to find an "approved" class to get into. Instead of waiting 6 months for an appointment with your local PD to apply, how about having to wait 12 months for a cert from an "Approved" training facility before you can even book the appointment.

Insurance companies do it with motorcycle riders. Take an approved safe riding course and you get a discount on your insurance.

Couldn't agree more. Safety classes are a good idea, but should not be mandatory. It is the same argument for mental health checks. Of course none of us want a mentally deranged person to have firearms. But making people find a mental health provider to sign a release that says this person is ok to have firearms is a back door prohibiting firearms ownership. Mandatory safety classes that are "approved" same thing. All of a sudden the price for a class is too high, so no one can afford it, or they make it too low, so no one will bother teaching it.
This country needs to hold people accountable for their own actions. A return to personal responsibility. In all areas, firearms, welfare, health insurance, drugs, you name it.
When you treat people like children they will certainly act like them. That is what adults act like in todays world. Giant tattling children with drivers licenses and voting rights.

So I read it over again..She never bought ammo I guess???
And she was worried it would just go off by itself???
I think the whole thing is made up!!!!! But then again...

Such a dumb story. I understand her point, but how many people buy a gun and remain completely ignorant of its workings the way she did? My wife used to be afraid of guns, then she pushed back the frontiers of ignorance and got over it.

Last edited:
One of the many ignorant undertones of this article was her unwillingness to learn about the firearm she has just purchased. She seemed to only look for the flaws of her experience and was not receptive to any of the positive aspects, like having the opportunity to further her learning experience by attending a classes that are specifically suited to help people with similar questions sort out the difficulties she's having. Honestly, nobody, regardless of state, just walks into a ****ing gun shop, buys a gun and goes home to mess with it, all without having any knowledge of how to use and operate the firearm. Just because you can buy a gun with no prior knowledge, doesn't mean anyone actually does, and odds are the people who are going to buy a gun just to kill someone would do it illegally regardless of how easy it is to obtain a legal firearm. [rolleyes]

LOL She should buy a table saw, fire it up and put her head on it.

OMG, OMG I'm not a criminal and I am allowed to excercise my constitutional rights . The horror.
Send someone with a record to try it if you want to impress me.
And admitting you know nothing about firearms and didn't bother to seek training, shows the dumb ass is strong with this one.
The Govt. didn't take me by the hand and make me do it so I didn't.
Wonder how she drifts through the rest of life without a sitter.

I was too scared to try and eject it as thoughts flooded my mind of me accidentally shooting the gun and a bullet hitting my son in the house or rupturing the gas tank of my car, followed by an earth-shaking explosion

This made my day

Last edited:
"Getting the permit to carry a concealed weapon was simple. I filled out a form, had my fingerprints taken for a background check and paid $56.50. No training required. It took far longer to get my dog a license."

Obviously, this individual is not living in Massachusetts.

Or New Hampshire, since fingerprints were involved.

Now that I think about it...if she really thought that gun was so dangerous all by itself and that it would just kill some people on it's own...Why in hell did she tote it around??? SAD. must have voted for Obie!!!
Such a dumb story. I understand her point, but how many people buy a gun and remain completely ignorant of it workings the way she did? My wife used to be afraid of guns, then she pushed back the frontiers of ignorance and got over it.

Now that I think about it...if she really thought that gun was so dangerous all by itself and that it would just kill some people on it's own...Why in hell did she tote it around??? SAD. must have voted for Obie!!!
She's trying to prove an idiotic point - that you are free to be an idiot (at least in some areas of the US, not here in the Northeast).

To prove a point. She would like nothing more than for that thing to jump out of the holster and start killing babies. She could then sue everyone for allowing her to possess such a dangerous item.

"Finally, what happens when you don’t want that gun any more?" Does she think someone won't buy it from her for fair market value, which these days will be close to or more than what she paid for it? She will probably throw it in the trash to make another lame point.

- - - Updated - - -

She is clearly not following her own rule #4. Being prepared to use it means training.
Is a venti bigger than a medium?

exactly, if she can't even tell if it is loaded, she is not prepared to use it.

venti is large, larger than grande, largest as it were.

We should rename her Hollywood. She reminds me of Jamie Lee Curtis in True Lies dropping her gun down the stairs......

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't help it, I commented:

This article is so full of fail, my hands are shaking; and my adrenaline is surging.

"Finally be prepared to use it for protecting myself at home or in public." If you don't know how to check if a firearm is unloaded, you are not prepared to use it for protection. You are also not prepared to use it, if the mere presence of the thing makes you nervous. You have a right to carry it, not a requirement.

"Why? Following the Newtown massacre in December, the NRA’s Wayne LaPierre, told the country, “The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.” I wondered what would it be like to be that good guy with a gun?"
You are not a good guy with a gun if you don't know how to use it, protect it and use it safely.
" What would it be like to get that gun, live with that gun, be out and about with that gun."
It is a huge responsibility, I do it every day, and I am not as reckless as you!
"Finally, what happens when you don’t want that gun any more?" Sell it. Firearms retain value more than anything right now.

First, you shouldn't need a permit, it is a right not a privilege. Second, you shouldn't be stupid enough to purchase anything that you do not understand how to use that is potentially lethal. I don't think I would want you anywhere near a chainsaw either. Third, really, did they take paw prints, charge you more than $50, and run a background check on Rex?

"I settled on this model because it was a smallish gun and because Tony recommended it for my stated purposes of protecting myself and my home."
Good for concealed carry, but an AR-15 or shotgun would have been better for home defense. But not for you, since you are unwilling to learn how to safely operate them, in which case you should not have purchased the handgun either. (notice a trend here, YOU are responsible for learning how to safely operate, not the government. Mommy, Daddy, or your late coach cannot always be there to hold your hand.
"It was obvious from the way I handled the gun that I knew nothing about firearms. Tony sold it to me anyway. The whole thing took 7 minutes. As a gratified consumer, I thought, “Well, that was easy.” Then the terrifying reality hit me, “Holy hell, that was EASY.” Too easy. I still knew nothing about firearms."
It isn't Tony's job to assess your abilities. If he refused, you would have probably written an article on how gun dealers discriminate against women. It's a catch 22. In order to learn how to operate firearms, you need to operate firearms. If you were responsible, you would have sprang for a class.

"Tony told me a Glock doesn’t have an external safety feature, so when I got home and opened the box and saw the magazine in the gun I freaked. I was too scared to try and eject it as thoughts flooded my mind of me accidentally shooting the gun and a bullet hitting my son in the house or rupturing the gas tank of my car, followed by an earth-shaking explosion.."
Ok, first thing you did right. Treat all firearms as if they are loaded. If you followed the other rules, like keeping it pointed in a safe direction, away from your son or gas tank, you would have been fine. Oh, and you have seen too many movies, a bullet will not make your car explode, good call not shooting it, but really you are reaching here.
"This was the first time my hands shook from the adrenaline surge and the first time I questioned the wisdom of this 30-day experiment."
I question it as well. You are asking for trouble because you aren't wiling to actually learn.

"I needed help. I drove to where a police officer had pulled over another driver. Now, writing this, I realize that rolling up on an on-duty cop with a handgun in tow might not have been fully thought through."
You are lucky you didn't get shot. If you lived in MA, NJ, or NY you certainly would have been. That is wrong too, but people like you have made it so.

"I told him I just bought a gun, had no clue how to use it. I asked him to make sure there were no bullets in the magazine or chamber. He took the magazine out and cleared the chamber. He assured me it was empty and showed me how to look. Then he told me how great the gun was and how he had one just like it."
He was right good for him.
"The cop thought I was an idiot and suggested I take a class. But up to that point I’d done nothing wrong, nothing illegal."
Correct, idiot. Correct, nothing illegal.

"So here I sit at Starbucks, and the irony couldn’t be thicker. On March 12, 2010, I was surrounded by big hairy men with guns on their hips, yelling at me as I led a protest against Starbuck’s gun policy. Today, I’m surrounded by five-year-old boys sitting with their moms at the next table. Now I’m the one with a gun on her hip. The gun makes me more fearful than I could have imagined."
Thanks to your protests, I actually went to Starbucks. Now I love their coffee. I carry a 9mm pistol in Starbucks legally every day. Guess what, all the children are safe when I do it.

"In some way, I feel a certain vindication. I was right to protest Starbucks policy. Today, they have a woman with absolutely no firearms training and a Glock on her hip sitting within arm’s reach of small children, her hands shaking and adrenaline surging." You only feel vindicated because you love the smell of your own flatulence. You are so far behind you think you are ahead. Take a training course. Open your eyes and recognize that it is not the governments responsibility to ensure that you go through your life safely.
Those idiots that shot your coach were idiots, they committed their crime during the height of the "assault weapons ban." If the policy at the time would have allowed security to engage the perpetrators, your coach may have been alive today. A good guy with a gun could have minimized the death toll.

Back
Top Bottom