• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anti-gun Liberal with a gun

And how can you take somebody serious when you're wearing this type of OWB rig? [wink]

IMG_4057.jpeg

I must confess I didn't even notice the carry rig, at first ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't read the whole thread, but I did read the article. The shop owner should have spent some time with obviously a brand new owner and showed her how to operate the firearm and strongly push an NRA Basic Pistol class.

I do not agree with some of the sentiments that she should not own a firearm. With some training, she might even enjoy shooting. I'm sure the other instructors here have had students who were scared of the firearms and were good shots and have had the students contact them later asking for advice.

Her discussion about having a gun on her being a constant reminder that there are "bad people" out there was so retarded. I KNOW there are bad people out there and that is why I friggin carry one....I don't need a gun to remind me about whack jobs! She is an absolute moron and should just get rid of the gun.....you know....so she wont have that reminder anymore and just bury her head back in the sand.

Also her comment about reaching for her purse in church for money for the collection plate is beyond belief. I carry EVERYWHERE......even to church and I do not think anything is weird about it. She acts like she obsessed about having a fire arm on her.......she was not ready for one and forced herself to buy it to prove a point and pen an article about it.....so the whole damn article is skewed! Glad the magazine cancelled it!

I haven't read the whole thread, but I did read the article. The shop owner should have spent some time with obviously a brand new owner and showed her how to operate the firearm and strongly push an NRA Basic Pistol class.

I do not agree with some of the sentiments that she should not own a firearm. With some training, she might even enjoy shooting. I'm sure the other instructors here have had students who were scared of the firearms and were good shots and have had the students contact them later asking for advice.
You are assuming she wasn't instructed sufficiently? She has zero credibility(demonstrated liar), motive and history of spreading false propaganda.

I think you have to assume everything she is saying is a fabrication, so debating the finer points of how she might have been helped more by the dealer is pointless.

If he had, no doubt she'd have written about how the evil gun store dude was hitting on her, and then tried to upsell her on additional services.

She is an absolute moron and should just get rid of the gun.....

Oh don't worry, she had a friend melt it down. Apparently it gave her tremendous freedom, as she could go back to living in her little bubble and pretending there is no bad in the world. ha

Oh don't worry, she had a friend melt it down. Apparently it gave her tremendous freedom, as she could go back to living in her little bubble and pretending there is no bad in the world. ha

Yes, she wanted to make sure that it "...wouldn't be used in a crime or anything." [thinking] It was also interesting to hear that by carrying a gun I need to be aware of the 'psychological risks' of carrying. Silly me. I usually just worry about printing.

I skipped through the interview. It was like listening to a moonbat festival, and I've already killed off enough brain cells on my own without subjecting myself to groupthink stupidity like that. If hoplophobia ever makes it into the DSM those folks would all be prohibited persons.

Folks
Heidi found a publisher
The entire story, as she dreamed it...
?Stupid,? ?Immoral,? ?Dangerous,? ?Coward?: My Month With a Gun - The Daily Beast

She really is an idiot, the reason she was called all those names wasn't because she was writing an expose it's because she is an idiot.

I thought the gun would make me feel more powerful, more confident, and less fearful. I was wrong. All I felt was fear. Physically taking the gun out of the safe and putting it in a holster on my hip literally reminded me that I was going out into a big bad scary unsafe world. There were days when I put the gun back in the safe and stayed home because it simply took too much energy to be scared.

So the world got SCARIER with a gun? No it didn't you moron it was the same amount of scary you're just realizing it now. If you leave home without your gun the odds of being mugged/raped/murdered are the same but you have a tool to possibly prevent it even if you have no training.

Ugh, the problem is this is a battle that can never be won, she's so scared of her own shadow that in her mind the gun can just go off, she could have been carrying it and sneezed killing 3 kids. It's just insane...

She sounds like Frodo being tormented by the power of the ring.

Also this, she is one of the *******s who has a fit when the NRA wants to conduct and Eddie the Eagle program in schools.

" I’d forgotten to lock it up! Panic set in as I realized my teen son was playing videogames just 10 feet away. What if he’d decided to get the socks I’d bought him from my purse while I was out on the deck? Thoughts raced through my mind and I pondered how I’d just straddled the fine line between being a responsible gun owner and an irresponsible idiot whose 15-year-old just accidentally shot himself or someone else with my gun"

I bought a ride on mower after years of hatred towards motor vehicles.

After buying one (seamlessly) I proceeded to put the keys in the ignition. The mower stuttered and the engine started chugging. I froze. Was I now driving? I had never driven a ride on prior to this and the thought of this Lawn Beast barreling down a busy street of children and elderly folk, blades at full rotation, gave me chills. I took the keys out and slouched down into my seat.

The dealer came over and asked if I was ok.

"No," I responded "I know nothing about ride on's and decided this just isnt right for me."

I bought a ride on mower after years of hatred towards motor vehicles.

After buying one (seamlessly) I proceeded to put the keys in the ignition. The mower stuttered and the engine started chugging. I froze. Was I now driving? I had never driven a ride on prior to this and the thought of this Lawn Beast barreling down a busy street of children and elderly folk, blades at full rotation, gave me chills. I took the keys out and slouched down into my seat.

The dealer came over and asked if I was ok.

"No," I responded "I know nothing about ride on's and decided this just isnt right for me."

Yes but did you get it turned into a piece of art?

The last paragraph is interesting:

This is America. We have life, liberty, and freedom of expression—and the freedom to own a gun. We can each use those rights how we see fit and periodically discuss them—that’s democracy. Clearly a lot of Americans will continue to own guns, and a small portion of them won’t have any training because it’s not required—with predictable, tragic consequences.

My experiment was 30 days of my personal experience. I’m just a mom who wanted to see what it felt like. Now I know.

So she wanted to express herself, not be responsible for her actions or get training or practice with the firearm or manage the firearm (teach the kids the Eddie Eagle mantra, etc.) or get equipment that works for the firearm (a better holster, etc.).

Hugging is awkward. The pistol is now art. She is now a former irresponsible gun owner who apparently learned nothing useful from her experience except that untrained, irresponsible people have scary experiences with guns.

Last edited:
She's a complete idiot. She considered pointing her gun at a man in a parking garage for no reason other than he was there?

She really needed more training than she got watching the 'expert' on Oprah.

This person is a moron & is not helping. She is an example of who we do not want with a gun. Sheep to the tenth power. Leave the gun carrying to the sheepdogs. We know who the wolves (not the Starks..I like them) are & if we don't @ least we prepared if they rear their ugly head.

Be like me driving a fully loaded tractor trailer down the interstate for the sake of research or journalism. May be able to fake it for a little while but we all know its gunna end up in a horrific wreck (if I can get it going that is, cue the scene from super troopers).

This person is a moron & is not helping. She is an example of who we do not want with a gun. Sheep to the tenth power. Leave the gun carrying to the sheepdogs. We know who the wolves (not the Starks..I like them) are & if we don't @ least we prepared if they rear their ugly head.

Be like me driving a fully loaded tractor trailer down the interstate for the sake of research or journalism. May be able to fake it for a little while but we all know its gunna end up in a horrific wreck (if I can get it going that is, cue the scene from super troopers).
She was trying to hurt, not help.

This article is pure antigun propaganda from start to finish intended to make the claim that she "tried it" and only confirmed all her fears of what her neighbors might do if they are allowed to remain free.

She was trying to hurt, not help.

This article is pure antigun propaganda from start to finish intended to make the claim that she "tried it" and only confirmed all her fears of what her neighbors might do if they are allowed to remain free.

Its amazing because you have discussed the phenomena of projection by liberals regarding what they would do if free to carry guns, and its happening 100% in this article

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Its amazing because you have discussed the phenomena of projection by liberals regarding what they would do if free to carry guns, and its happening 100% in this article
Yep, and thank you...

This is part of the "cultural divide" that GOAL mentioned in its summary of some of the recent hearings on MA gun laws.

The debate points don't make any sense to us because they are trying to legislate their own fear, anxiety and impulse control issues (whether perceived or real).

Without trying to insult, I really think this is part of a bigger problem of people not maturing emotionally, because our society no longer demands it for survival or even success (until the game of musical chairs is really up and then we are in for a world of hurt). You can go cradle to grave living out life as a Neurotic mess of a Woody Allen character. Moral hazard is hazardous...

Yep, and thank you...

This is part of the "cultural divide" that GOAL mentioned in its summary of some of the recent hearings on MA gun laws.

The debate points don't make any sense to us because they are trying to legislate their own fear, anxiety and impulse control issues (whether perceived or real).

Without trying to insult, I really think this is part of a bigger problem of people not maturing emotionally, because our society no longer demands it for survival or even success (until the game of musical chairs is really up and then we are in for a world of hurt). You can go cradle to grave living out life as a Neurotic mess of a Woody Allen character. Moral hazard is hazardous...

The fact that we are messing with natural selection by not shielding people from the consequences of their own actions is likely to be a primary factor in the decline of society. You get the behaviors you reward, and MA greatly rewards people making stupid decisions.

Yep, and thank you...

I completely agree. As evidence, a lot of the murder statistics list 19 year olds as children and some even include up to 24 years old. 60 years ago, 16 year olds were lying about their age to join the military. People who are expected to be immature will act that way.

MA wants people to make bad decisions so that the "all knowing" government can come in and "save" us. I know the actual intent of the author was to prove her preexisting gun bias and that point could not be driven home any further in her self fulfilling drivel. The audience she was trying to reach was not us, the gun owner, but those who haven't clue or idea and any be swayed one way or the other. She used fear and ignorance as themes to drive her article home. The urge to point her pistol at someone who was a non threat? Now the sheep have the thought that we all must feel similarly in those circumstances. But what if was them, the innocent sheep, in the garage? They could fall victim to our perception...trash. Her piece is pure leftist propaganda.

Other poster(s) were dead on. We, society, have made it easy to survive with a limited skill set. If you do not possess a certain necessary trait, characteristic, drive or skill directly related to survival the government will give it to you; make it easy for you and therefore weaken society in the process. It it part of the master plan.

"Make a lie big, make it simple, keep saying it and eventually they will believe it"

"what good fortune for governments that people do not think"

"one man with a gun can control 100 without one"

any of those sound familiar? Any of them ring true today?

I'm amazed she was able to get out of her house since it sounds like she was constantly peeing her pants.

And is anyone shocked that her husband "travels a lot"?

Ill admit I skipped most of this thread and article, but I'm guessing she never shot anybody...or described a newfound urge to kill children...

I think this author has invented a new category of debate fallacy:

You accept another's argument or activity, but then engage in it with willful incompetence. Not to mention no desire for a successful outcome.

Then you write about how terrible it was when if failed. And while it failed only for you, you conclude everyone else must have the same problem, and activity in question must be banned for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom