Anti-gun Liberal with a gun

It's being completely and totally moderated, only if you agree it aapears.

I replied to the poster ans asked if he could provide a link to support his 80% claim.

The question has not been allowed

Quite the scientific experiment she has going here, trying proving that the world is full of irresponsible people and it is our governments job to baby proof our lives for us. She certainly lends herself well to it.

I don't really get what she is trying to prove? any idiot can carry a gun? what about the background check you submitted to? Finger prints? maybe you can still be an idiot and do it (legally) but not a criminal idiot.
And i'm pretty sure that most people who make the decision to daily carry don't go into it being PURPOSELY ignorant in all aspects of guns and their responsible ownership.

This is like trying to prove that we should eradicate all pit bulls by going and buying one without ever owning a dog or looking into how to care for one or train it, then taking it out to your neighborhood play ground and hoping it will bite some kid.

I mean really, what a useless, irresponsible, and potentially dangerous thing to be doing.
If the gun is loaded and she doesn't know what she is doing, she could kill someone.
If it is unloaded and she is just carrying it "for the experience", what if she gets mugged? Good job, you literally just handed a criminal a weapon.

Most of the responses are from people who think thing through with about as much care as she did. I like this one in particular:
"Kevin Dunbar says: June 12, 2013 at 8:43 pm
You are of course missing the point. The point is that with no training she could buy a gun and carry it. People buy guns for protection but if you own a gun it actually increases the likelihood that you or someone in your family will be killed. Less than 20% of people are shot by strangers. Fully 80% are killed by family members or friends."

[rofl]80% of people are killed by family members. Well crap, its been nice knowing you all, with those odds, my time must be about up.

I tried to post this yesterday, it was also not allowed

The author of this article is the WORST case scenario as a gun owner.

She is also uninformed, unintelligent and dangerous.

She states it was more difficult to get a dog license. Yet, she had to submit to an FBI background check and submit her fingerprints. When was the last time you got a colonoscopy for a dog license? So in this, she is being disingenuous at best and lying at worst.

She choose to purchase a weapon, admittedly with NO training. While I certainly do not know every shooter in the world, every shooter I have known has either gone through training and/or gone to the range with informed people either before or as a first act after purchase, this woman chose to freak out and run to a cop on a public way. Not exactly the most responsible act from a person who has chosen to exercise her most sacred right.

She has fail written all over her. The single best decision she could make is to seek out a local range and do both take a basic class AND spend some time with a knowledgeable Range Officer. In the meantime until you know HOW to use it, how to shoot and HOW to hit what you're shooting at, leave it home, YOU my dear ARE the bigger danger out there.

Last edited:
The PJ Tatler » Ms. Magazine?s ?My Month with a Gun? Story Shooting Blanks?

What else was he supposed to do? As an adult, it’s Yewman’s responsibility to become familiar with the product she is buying. This may strike some as too basic to bother writing, but gun dealers do not exist to stop adults from buying guns. That isn’t their job. Every gun dealer I have ever dealt with has been more than happy to explain anything and everything, if you ask. Gun range operators will show you how to hold and fire your weapon. They take the mystery out of it all. If you ask. Yewman shouldn’t imply any blame on the dealer for her own choice to protest something with which she is wholly unfamiliar, and then buy that product before becoming familiar with it.
Back to Yewman’s 30-day harrowing ordeal.
The whole thing [buying the gun] took 7 minutes. As a gratified consumer, I thought, “Well, that was easy.” Then the terrifying reality hit me, “Holy hell, that was EASY.” Too easy. I still knew nothing about firearms.
But that never stopped her from protesting them and campaigning to outlaw them. What does this say about the leaders of the anti-Second Amendment movement?
Yewman may be maintaining her ignorance of guns in order to spin a yarn. An hour or two at a gun range with a decent range master would probably dispel all her fears. She has elected not to take advantage of any range time, though. She has elected to shoot off her mouth about things she admits she knows nothing about.

Massad Ayoob » Blog Archive » FALSE FLAGS, FALSE PREMISES
Meanwhile, an avowed anti-gunner decides that she will arm herself, using all deliberate ignorance and irresponsibility, in hopes of showing that knowledgeable and responsible gun-wearers must be as ignorant and irresponsible as she. Follow the continuing saga of stupidity here: My Month With a Gun: Week One

A "Journalist" who doesn't get it. - Misfires And Light Strikes
Freedom. Not everybody gets it or wants it.

I think someone already said it, but if your goal is to prove that it is possible to do something stupid, you will no doubt have no trouble in succeeding.

They elected Obama...

Unfortunately the stupid have no problems getting out to vote and in the majority, too many people sit out for elections in protest or are too lazy to go. 1/3 of the people got out there, the stupid outnumbered the regular people who were voting without the help of those "fighting the power" by not voting

061813.jpg

It does absolutely nothing, however, if the person taking the training doesn't have the mindset of actually wanting to learn and apply what they've learned into actual safety habits when actually handling firearms later on, in real life, outside of the "classroom". I am against mandatory training for this reason (as well as the fact that it is clearly a restriction on a right!) it does jack if the person being forced to take it isn't "into" it. I know this because I've had loaded guns pointed at me by people who probably just passed a BFS course no less than a year before they muzzle swept me. [thinking]

-Mike

+1

I have taught for a living for over a decade, and I could not agree more - you CANNOT teach somebody who is in the classroom just to meet a mandatory requirement to be there.

If the person is interested in the subject, or if at least there is a test that must be passed, then you can get their attention. Otherwise, you might as well focus on the people who are there to learn and manage the clock-punchers well enough so that they do not interfere with the people who are there to learn.

I wonder if there are any studies that show accident rates in states that have required training vs states that don't. I bet there's very little difference statistically.

I wonder if there are any studies that show accident rates in states that have required training vs states that don't. I bet there's very little difference statistically.

If that was the case the reason I suspect it would show a minor difference is that most of the required training (MA especially) is shit training.

If that was the case the reason I suspect it would show a minor difference is that most of the required training (MA especially) is shit training.

True. When you make something a minimum requirement, people tend to do only the minimum requirement.

True. When you make something a minimum requirement, people tend to do only the minimum requirement.

It's not the quality of the training - it's that all that is needed is to be present.

And I am not advocating mandatory training at all - just pointing out why the current mandatory classes are ineffective.

After all, requiring training is about raising barriers to gun ownership, not about training people.

Where is "My Month With a Gun: Week Two"?

Heidi Yewman's "My Month With a Gun: Week One" came out on June 12, 2013. I figure her month is over, where's the rest of the series?

Oh wait, Ms. Magazine dropped the series after the outcry from part one, "to protect Heidi":
Yewman, a freelance writer, had written a three-part blog post for Ms. about buying a gun and carrying it everywhere she went. Yewman was clearly on the gun control side of the debate, and it’s fair to say that her posts were intended to show that it was far too easy for just about anybody to carry a gun just about anywhere. But, Kort went on to say, the comments Ms. Magazine had received were almost entirely from pro-gun advocates, and she and the small staff at Ms. were overwhelmed. Instead of leading to a high-minded debate about guns, her blog post had instead attracted insults and vituperation, and a clearly stated desire for “payback.” Other gun blogs had picked up Yewman’s post to mock it or insult it, with many commenters suggesting that the police in her hometown be called about what she was doing. . Inevitably, somebody discovered—and posted—Yewman’s address.

What was Kort’s solution to this dilemma? Incredibly, it was to kill the rest of Yewman’s series. “I don’t think I should post the next two installments of this—they’ll only fire up the troops again, and we’re just not equipped to handle this on our blog,” Kort wrote. When I reached out to Kort, suggesting that Ms. had allowed itself to be censored by Second Amendment absolutists, she would not respond on the record. Suffice it to say that Ms. disagrees with this assessment. But I don’t see how you could view it in any other way. Ms. published something the N.R.A.-types didn’t like; they responded by bullying Ms. online, and Ms. folded.
Apparently it didn't appeal to their target demographic, so Ms, decided to cut their loses and blame it on "NRA-types". And once it was obvious that Heidi is a resident of Washington state, it also became clear that she lied multiple times in her "The whole thing took 7 minutes." account of the process.

The comments on the original article do say "Ms. Yewman’s follow-up articles will be published in other outlets." (Huffington Post?), so we have that to look forward to.

Heidi Yewman's "My Month With a Gun: Week One" came out on June 12, 2013. I figure her month is over, where's the rest of the series?

Oh wait, Ms. Magazine dropped the series after the outcry from part one, "to protect Heidi":

Apparently it didn't appeal to their target demographic, so Ms, decided to cut their loses and blame it on "NRA-types". And once it was obvious that Heidi is a resident of Washington state, it also became clear that she lied multiple times in her "The whole thing took 7 minutes." account of the process.

The comments on the original article do say "Ms. Yewman’s follow-up articles will be published in other outlets." (Huffington Post?), so we have that to look forward to.

Its funny: she originally wrote it to pander to a specific audience, but when the general public called her out on the stupidity of what she was doing, she blamed those very people....

Oh boo hoo the mean people are criticizing and ridiculing me. Waaaaaaaaaaa. [crying]

"I want to make my opinion known to the internet!! Oh wait, the internet has its own opinions?? Outrageous! I'll have none of that! Cancelled! You're all stupid doody heads! Its unfair you get to speak your mind too!! Leave me alone!!! *runs away screaming*"

Twit.

P.S. Good job firearms community! Negligent discharge avoided![cheers]

Last edited:

[laugh] this is solid gold.

I actually read that column. Does she understand that people that buy these legally are usually very comfortable around guns. the fact that she was so afraid when she saw a magazine in the gun she freaked and thought it was going to go off and hit her cars gas tank is so so so stupid. she actually created a dangerous situation. congrats you dumb whore. i like how if you click on 9mm glock it takes you to glockmeister.com lol.
"My hands are shaking; my adrenaline is surging."
she said this the first time she got her period too.

Calling US bullies! Are you serious? I seem to remember a certain president and vp and senator saying that we were cowards and stuff I don't even feel comfortable repeating because we didn't do what they wanted us to do. And we're the ones bullying?

Let me tell you what happened. You were an idiot and somebody called you out on it. Not just being a indirect idiot either. Dare I call the article trolling? The idea that you made something on purpose to incite the wrath of others and guess what, incite you did. Now you got what you wanted and oops, nobody was fooled you're embarrassed. Did you expect the legal and right people, not just gun owners, of the world to just roll over and see your biased opinion saying, "no, you're right. How could we ever be so wrong! We've learned our lesson." Please.

The reality is you did it wrong and you did it wrong on purpose and nobody bought it so you decided to take an out before you lost all credibility.

Of course it got dropped, she got caught in a huge lie, I would bet pretty much anything she never even actually bought a gun.

Her phobia also doesn't align here. If she's so afraid of guns that "its going to shoot out a gas tank" or some other BS, then why would she even be able to set foot in a gun store? Also, someone who is that much of a nervous nellie would "show" to a gun shop clerk and they'd probably question someone like that, at a minimum, before selling them a gun. Either that or her phobia is "faked" to add dramatic effect to the article.

Just leads me to believe that whole thing is completely made up, or at least 95% fiction.

-Mike

Of course it got dropped, she got caught in a huge lie, I would bet pretty much anything she never even actually bought a gun.

Her phobia also doesn't align here. If she's so afraid of guns that "its going to shoot out a gas tank" or some other BS, then why would she even be able to set foot in a gun store? Also, someone who is that much of a nervous nellie would "show" to a gun shop clerk and they'd probably question someone like that, at a minimum, before selling them a gun. Either that or her phobia is "faked" to add dramatic effect to the article.

Just leads me to believe that whole thing is completely made up, or at least 95% fiction.
-Mike

Isn't that pretty much everything the anti gun crowd does?

Yewman clearly had an anti-gun agenda, and the veracity of some of her claims is highly questionable. The publisher claims that the rest of the series may turn up somewhere else. Consider that the author was allegedly one of those people who participated in a boycott against Starbucks for not publicly taking a stance against guns. The boycott was called by the National Gun Victims Action Council in February of 2012 and appears to have failed miserably.

Yes, nearly the entire platform's agenda is based on lies, deceit, and willful/intentional misrepresentation of data.

-Mike
They have gone so far over the top recently that it has become clear that 1984, Animal Farm, the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany are viewed as Howto guides to these people....

Ironically, or perhaps deftly, Harry Reid accused republicans of "repeat the lie often enough and it will become the truth." in regard to the blocking of nominations...

So, they are trying to coopt the most accurate description of their party platform and use it against their opposition. See above, masterful...

Last edited:

-Mike
Not passing judgement on your conclusion. People can have all sorts of irrational fears; I can easily imagine being OK walking into a gun shop and also being afraid to be responsible for handling one on your own. Some people are very unsure of themselves. Lack of confidence.

Interview with Ms. Yewman and a few others [rolleyes][bs1]

Having the gun
"reminded me that I live in a world where terribly bad things can happen anytime and I needed to be prepared to face those situations so it brought alot of fear into my life"

Typical response, stick your head in the sand and nothing can hurt you. Just pretend evil doesn't exist. [rolleyes]

hmmm can't seem to get my comments to stick to that article. Her dad should have deposited her into a tissue and flushed her down the toilet 30 or so years ago.

Back
Top Bottom