• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anti-Gun Bills Hearing 3/19

Hello All,

There will be a hearing on Friday for numerous anit-gun bills being proposed on Friday the 19th at 1pm. In summary the bills would propose the following:

- Assault Weapons Ban with Grandfather Certificate clause to keep your "assault weapon" - creates a registry
- Gun storage - gun must be kept locked at all times
- Mag capacity limit - no more than 10rds

For more info on these bills and how to give verbal or written testimony please visit this site: Rhode Island Firearms Owners League

Hello All,

There will be a hearing on Friday for numerous anit-gun bills being proposed on Friday the 19th at 1pm. In summary the bills would propose the following:

- Assault Weapons Ban with Grandfather Certificate clause to keep your "assault weapon" - creates a registry
- Gun storage - gun must be kept locked at all times
- Mag capacity limit - no more than 10rds

For more info on these bills and how to give verbal or written testimony please visit this site: Rhode Island Firearms Owners League

Just wondering if anybody has any sense for how these hearings went, and where we stand with these bills? My boat is sinking fast, and I need to know whether it's safe to start paddling to shore or not.

Frank

From emails that I've seen

Looks like "most" of them were held as "committee recommended measure be held for further study" .

I added the quotes on Most. I have no idea which ones are not most and that concerns me.

Keep up to date on Rhode Island Firearms Owners League.

Held for further study to me means see you next year.

Anyone else following this?

I haven't really heard anything new, other than hearing that the RI legislature seems determined to ram these laws through, and that the governor is ready to sign any anti-2A law that comes across his desk. There's another thread about this here, but not much activity in it: Rhode Island Gun Legislation 4/19/21 UPDATE

In addition to what's noted above for proposed laws, there are quite a few more, including one that would virtually ban any gun which can accept ANY magazine, if I'm reading it correctly:

"Large capacity feeding device" means a magazine, box, drum, tube, belt, feed strip, or similar device which has a capacity of more than ten (10) rounds of ammunition. The term large capacity feeding device shall include an ammunition feeding device with a removable floor plate or end plate, or any other feature that allows the device to be readily converted to accept more than ten (10) rounds of ammunition."

So when they say that they're banning large capacity feeding devices, they're referring to any magazine with a removable floor plate, which as far as I know, is pretty much all magazines.

I went to the rally at the state house yesterday, and was a little underwhelmed by the attendance. One news report I saw said that there were 1000 people there total throughout the day, but I was there for the whole thing, and I would have guessed maybe half that number.

I'm quite concerned.

Frank

I believe the ones they are going for are straw purchase which is already illegal but okay, safe storage, guns in schools and the AG reporting, which is actually a good one because it will show who does all the actual shootings in RI, all the felonious gang bangers in Providence Pawtucket and Central Falls

Back
Top Bottom