Anti friend and her naiveness... and my wife making me proud!

ben1

NES Member
A group of us were at my friends house for dinner last night. Two of the friends there are engaged are closing on their first house in the next couple weeks. They were saying they want to get a big dog to help protect the house and to keep his fiancé safe for when he goes away for extended periods for work. Then he said "Id also like to have a gun in the house, but thats not happening because she's against it" and pointed to his fiancé.

She is a huge liberal and immediately jumped in to defend her stance with two statements that had me baffled.

"Yeah its Milford, I mean come on like anything is going to happen there"

and the real kicker.

"Plus its right down the street from a school."

The best part of the evening was my wife who when we first got married was totally against guns but now has her LTC and her own gun jumped in to tell the girl how ridiculous those statements were and that she should just look at the news to see that bad guys don't care that its a school.

A group of us were at my friends house for dinner last night. Two of the friends there are engaged are closing on their first house in the next couple weeks. They were saying they want to get a big dog to help protect the house and to keep his fiancé safe for when he goes away for extended periods for work. Then he said "Id also like to have a gun in the house, but thats not happening because she's against it" and pointed to his fiancé.

She is a huge liberal and immediately jumped in to defend her stance with two statements that had me baffled.

and the real kicker.

The best part of the evening was my wife who when we first got married was totally against guns but now has her LTC and her own gun jumped in to tell the girl how ridiculous those statements were and that she should just look at the news to see that bad guys don't care that its a school.

She must not be Boston Strong

perhaps remind her that Gettysburg was a quiet place once too, and after the war it became quiet again.....oh wait she's a liberal don't even talk to her!

Milford just had an armed robbery of a convince store, and look up the machete and axe assult over a year ago. I live in Milford, and yes, you can't get any closer to a school than me, I have no illusion that crime will find its way to my street someday. Take her to the range and changer her ways. I did, now half my street is heavily armed.

Milford just had an armed robbery of a convince store, and look up the machete and axe assult over a year ago. I live in Milford, and yes, you can't get any closer to a school than me, I have no illusion that crime will find its way to my street someday. Take her to the range and changer her ways. I did, now half my street is heavily armed.
I was going to say how does she not remember this...

http://patch.com/massachusetts/milford-ma/two-charged-in-home-invasion-held-without-bail

and the real kicker.

I love the "Yeah its Milford, I mean come on like anything is going to happen there" argument.

You know, because no criminal would ever drive themselves to or from a crime scene.

So please tell me...how does having a school right up the street offer her protection from criminals....I need to understand that a bit better[thinking]

I think it's a force field type defense like in star wars. The closer to the school, the stronger the force.

They were saying they want to get a big dog to help protect the house and to keep his fiancé safe for when he goes away for extended periods for work.
The "big dog" is the first thing to get protected and served in a no-knock as well. That said, big dogs are fun.

I'd rather live near a gun range than a school. More armed good people around and fewer stray bullets coming onto my property.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the way I interpret the liberal's "near a school" statement is not that she feels safe because it is near a school, but rather she doesn't want to have a gun near a school probably because 'it will go off by itself and kill one of the kids' (AKA "for the children").

I live in a town of about 1500 people, mostly liberal moonbats. A few years ago we had a murder right around the corner. You never know.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the way I interpret the liberal's "near a school" statement is not that she feels safe because it is near a school, but rather she doesn't want to have a gun near a school probably because 'it will go off by itself and kill one of the kids' (AKA "for the children").

Yes, that goes along with the excuse of "I'm too clumsy and too much of a ditz to own/carry a gun" or "I'm crazy and probably can't be trusted with a gun!" [rolleyes]
I've heard that more than once... kind of sad that some people have such little confidence in their abilities.

You've obviously never been to a NES shoot.
It's fun to make fun of the lawn cutting and tree trimming we sometimes see at an nes shoot, but given the number of new shooters and the condition of the vehicles by the end of the day, there is more good shooting than bad.

And the RSO's generally do a very good job of keeping people safe. The worst injury I can think of is that poor girl that caught some hot .308 brass in her... shirt... a couple of years ago.

fdc.gif

If I was at the dinner and over heard that dumb statement this is how i would have ended that conversation [laugh]

Yes, that goes along with the excuse of "I'm too clumsy and too much of a ditz to own/carry a gun" or "I'm crazy and probably can't be trusted with a gun!" [rolleyes]
I've heard that more than once... kind of sad that some people have such little confidence in their abilities.

Indifference to an individual's competence, if not outright derision, is the cancer that is eating American society.

Back
Top Bottom