• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anthony Cumia on Home Defense

EddieCoyle

Consigliere
NES Member
Anthony Cumia is half of the syndicated radio "shock jock" team of Opie and Anthony (locally, they're on WBCN 104.1 FM from 6:00AM to 9:00AM).

Anthony is a gun guy and is not afraid to talk about it on the air. His co-hosts, guest, and callers constantly give him crap about his views on guns and home defense. Here's a link to his latest podcast:

http://www.lazlow.com/friends/anthonys_office_episode1.mov

It's an .mov file, and it's kind of long (and takes a while to download) but it's funny and worth a look.

In it he discusses home defense and shows of a few of his weapons. His handling skills are not great (he points an AR at the camera) and he repeats some of the more common stupid myths (an AR goes through too many walls, you don't have to aim a shotgun, etc) but his heart is in the right place.

It's refreshing to see a city dwelling "media member" that is pro gun, and not afraid to let everyone know it.

I will add extra exterior lights, put a cactus under each window, and hide under my bed with 911 on speed dial. The popo will save me.

Anthony is freguently saying alot of the same things on the air that we say here. Cops can't always be there, need to be prepared for "home invasion" type robbery since you won't have time to think, Etc. Etc. They only problem is that his "character" on the radio doesn't make gun owners look good. The other thing is he does freguently spout myth's and I even when corrected he still argues some myths. But overall still good to see some mass media types who are pro-gun

If you do put such a sign on your lawn, and then you shoot the intruder, is it false advertising? (^_^)

+1 [rofl][laugh2][rofl][laugh2]

sign01.gif

Back
Top Bottom