Antenna For ICOM R71A Receiver???

Hi,
Well, got the radio set up and had some fun with it this evening.

The antenna dipole is cut for 20 meters, but seems to work good on 40 meters also.

Listed to some Hams in NC and Tenn, clear as a bell on 40 meters. (I'm in FL)

Radio seems to have a nice sound and I run it without any of the wide or narrow filters engaged.

Trying to learn, how to store freq. in the memory now!

Glad I got it fixed !

Hi,
Well, got the radio set up and had some fun with it this evening.

The antenna dipole is cut for 20 meters, but seems to work good on 40 meters also.

Listed to some Hams in NC and Tenn, clear as a bell on 40 meters. (I'm in FL)

Radio seems to have a nice sound and I run it without any of the wide or narrow filters engaged.

Trying to learn, how to store freq. in the memory now!

Glad I got it fixed !
Now think about setting up digital receiving with some free software for the future.

Now think about setting up digital receiving with some free software for the future.

Hi,
You just lost me! Ha!

I'm still trying to learn how to save different freq. in the memory?

I have the operators manual, but still having problems, no doubt operator error.

Will have a little learning curve on this!

Thanks!

Hi,
Well, finally learned how to get a freq. in the memory reliably.
The manual is pretty good but admittedly I get lost in the sauce with it sometimes.
This is a neat little radio, I am having one problem though...
That is the external speaker jack does not seem to be working.
I have a Uniden Bearcat external speaker like for a CB (brand new)...
It plugs in fine and cuts the sound from the internal speaker, but nothing out of the Uniden???
Any ideas on this?

Hi,
Found out my external speaker jack adapter does work, will run some headphones but still does not want to work with the Uniden external speaker.

I ordered a new 1/8" jack and will solder that in and see if that will get it to work.

Makes no sense to me that it will run the headphones but not the Uniden?

The jacks seem to be the same?

Hi,
Thanks, I plugged it into my computer and it worked through that.
I ordered a new 2 pole jack and will try that, can't figure why the jack on the headphones work but not the Uniden?
Looks like the same 1/8"/3.5MM jack, we will see???
Talked to the Tech and he said the Ext. Speaker on the radio works as he used it to align the radio with and I confirmed that with the headphones...
Weird!

Radio is working great though, way above the small SONY I had.

Picked up a Ham in Northern Italy the other evening, my home made antenna is working pretty good on 20 and 40 Meters!

Hi,
Well, finally received the new jack, soldered it in and the external Uniden speaker is working loud and clear!

Really happy, as I want to listen while working in my shop this winter and the internal speaker wasn't the best for that.

Still really impressed with this radio, and glad I paid to get it running.

Beats the smaller Grundigs, Sonys and Sangaens, to me!

Back
Top Bottom