Antenna dual band swr.

I know it isn't critical like on a CB but what is a good basic dual band swr meter I can pickup to check my swr when I do the drilled NMO mount in the middle of roof? Need the peace of mind knowing I checked it and the vhf uhf swr meters seem really expensive compared to AM CB swr meters.

I have an old Yaesu YS-500(no longer made) that reads SWR on 2M & 70cm. I'm in Topsfield and you are welcome to swing by borrow it. I also have an MFJ antenna analyzer, but it won't do the 70cm band.
PM me if interested.

As far as buying one, sorry but I don't know what's out there these days.

Does it work good? That's all the matters. LOL. If someone has an MFJ 259 that's one way to check. Most VHF/UHF antennas are pretty broadbanded though, and unless you completely borked the installation it'll be just fine.

-Mike

You need the CB doctor off exit 6 Rt. 91 in Vermont. He'll fix you right up!

Yeah except that guy probably won't have the right kind of gear to look at his antenna. He's trying to fix a 2M/70Cm antenna, not something on 10/11M.

-Mike

I know it isn't critical like on a CB but what is a good basic dual band swr meter I can pickup to check my swr when I do the drilled NMO mount in the middle of roof? Need the peace of mind knowing I checked it and the vhf uhf swr meters seem really expensive compared to AM CB swr meters.

I have a suitable SWR meter you can use. Where are you located? PM me if you want to use it. I'll even send it via USPS if its to far to travel. No rush, use it as long as you need but you have to give it back at some point. :)

sent from the depths of HELL using TapaTalk.

Last edited:
Great thanks for the offers. I am on the North Shore. I expect I will drill the roof sometime in the next month or so then I'll need to check the swr. I'll

Back
Top Bottom