• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another woman cop pulls gun instead of tazer

WTF?

Maybe they need to make the tasers look evern MORE outlandishly NOT like a gun. i.e. no trigger, maybe to buttons you have to push with both hands, no pistol grip....kind of more like a star trek phasor.

I personally can not see how anyone could be so stupid to not notice it is a gun and not a yellow taser...but i have never been in a situation with someone shooting at me, maybe the adrenaline makes you not notice things like color and weight?

I personally can not see how anyone could be so stupid to not notice it is a gun and not a yellow taser...but i have never been in a situation with someone shooting at me, maybe the adrenaline makes you not notice things like color and weight?
I'm not sure it's a case of confusing a gun for a Taser - I think it's actually a ND on the part of the female cop. I'm not even sure if she had a Taser? I think she was yelling taser for the other officer - he had out and used his Taser, simultaneously with her firing one shot. It would be normal for one to be prepared with lethal and one with non-lethal. She had her finger on the trigger and pulled it when she started yelling.

Cuff him, cuff him, cuff him, cuff him, cuff him.
This is taught in every EMS class. After you accidentally shoot a person you immediately cuff them while acting confused.

The idea is if the person dies from the bleeding they can't testify against you in court. This is why the very last step is start to control bleeding. You will start to control bleeding only after you have the person in a body bag.

I think I hear her saying sorry.

Maybe they need to learn the importance of silence

I bet the training update is to never yell taser. At this point it’s just self incrimination

I'm not sure it's a case of confusing a gun for a Taser - I think it's actually a ND on the part of the female cop. I'm not even sure if she had a Taser? I think she was yelling taser for the other officer - he had out and used his Taser, simultaneously with her firing one shot. It would be normal for one to be prepared with lethal and one with non-lethal. She had her finger on the trigger and pulled it when she started yelling.
I hope it's a ND. Taser guy did it right, applied force and ended the situation quickly. Didn't allow a foot chase across a street to take place.

Wow. Female cops ain't looking good lately. "OMG! Did I shoot him?" (AS SHES REHOLSTERING HER FIREARM)

"Quota hires" are incredibly undertrained. It's not good to wreak havoc on the public then have depts and DAs cover up the damage.

WTF?

Maybe they need to make the tasers look evern MORE outlandishly NOT like a gun. i.e. no trigger, maybe to buttons you have to push with both hands, no pistol grip....kind of more like a star trek phasor.

Maybe this?

1642098300459.jpeg

It’s a training and experience issue, same as it’s always been. Some people (cops) have never been in really stressful situations and their brain just shuts down due to overload. Others on scene that are in control of their own faculties can’t also monitor who else is showing up and how they’re handling the stress while still trying to contain the situation and bring it to a peaceful or at least successful end while trying to not get killed from your own people’s stupidity and the bad guy all at once.

I had a guy at gun point one time who had just tried to cut my throat with razor blades chicken wired to his hand. He missed by inches, I drew on him and began issuing verbal orders for him to get on the ground and drop his weapon (I only saw the flash of blade as he swung at my throat and the sunlight reflecting off of it and thought it was a knife in his hand).

The stress of seeing all this happen up close and fast caused one of the two female officers with me to begin yelling into the radio that “he has a gun!” instead of just breathing and letting me maintain control of what I had. So responding officers start driving like crazy thinking bad guy has a gun and officers are in trouble when he didn’t and we weren’t. The only pistol out was mine.

But instead of processing information and acting accordingly the panic set in and she did the only thing she knew to do, call dispatch for help. Well Dispatch can’t help us right now so stfu and stay off the radio.

The second female officer on scene then proceeded to walk directly in front of my muzzle, which was pointed at bad guys chest, who was still only about 6’ feet away. She completely blocked my view for a split second before I put my hand on her shoulder and physically shoved her the f*** out of the way. I was left having to control both female officers on scene as well as a still unsecured, mentally unstable and armed suspect. He then proceeded to cut his own throat and collapse against a tree.

I don’t know what makes people’s brains turn to mush like that and what doesn’t. They had both been cops for a couple of years, tho still rookies, they should’ve learned by then to control their adrenaline and fall back on training. They didn’t.

We learned who was who on the job, and would have to get on the radio and call off certain responding units if they said they were going to your location and you knew they were unreliable or everything they touch turns to shit. You learn to avoid them and keep them off your scene if you can just to maintain some calm and professionalism.

Men and women alike have this reaction, and there are just as many male cops who are disasters at life and you end up walking past them without speaking a word for years because they’re just bad for business and bad for your own career if you let them f*** up your scene.

I have no answers except some people simply aren’t cut out for it. Once that is determined they should immediately be let go with a ‘thanks for trying but your services are no longer needed here.’ Go turn in your gear. That is the only simple solution I can think of, but it’s next to impossible to get them removed.

Maybe make the probationary period 5 yrs instead of just 1.

I can almost guarantee if you ask some of those officers from the (department) video above they would say that this female was a f***ing walking disaster, a panic factory, and should’ve been let go long before this happened.

Male cops have made the mistake too. People make mistakes all the time, it’s not unique to cops.

I know it may be a bit inconvenient, however would you like to present any evidence of your assertion? 🤨

Last edited:
WTF?

There was testimony about this in the Potter trial. It’s a high stress situation and the persons brain subconsciously makes the wrong choice. Training minimizes how often it happens but doesn’t eliminate it.

Someone who has driven a car for decades may accidentally push the gas instead of the brakes when a person runs across the street. A pilot may use the wrong control etc. there are millions of police interactions each year and extremely few weapon mistakes Training, no matter how often or how intense, will never eliminate honest mistakes.

I know it may be a bit inconvenient, however would you like to present any evidence of your assertion? 🤨

This article says it has happened at least 15 times. People are not machines, they make honest errors for a variety of reasons

Last edited:

This article says it has happened at least 15 times. People are not machines, they make honest errors for a variety of reasons

Capture.PNG 1) Article does not list sex of each offender of the 15; only 5.
2) Female offices are 14.8% of all officers yet commit a disproportional amount of negligence per capita.
3) Cherry picking select news articles by bias news sites that hate police and white men is not evidence.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owvsLsmY6DE

Female cops, female soldiers, 90% useless and also a liability. The small percentage of good ones still lack the physical strength to be useful when it comes to a fight and female cops tend to escalate situations more than men for some reason.

Female cops are good for dealing with female suspects (searches and stuff) and comforting children.

They are also either lezbos or are banging half the guys in the department,

I don’t disagree there is a substantial physical ability difference between most men and women and in a physical situation whether it’s a race or need for strength, very few woman will be anywhere near the physical performance of an average man.

I’m for putting the best people in the right situation, regardless of race, gender, etc.

Last edited:
There was testimony about this in the Potter trial. It’s a high stress situation and the persons brain subconsciously makes the wrong choice. Training minimizes how often it happens but doesn’t eliminate it.

Someone who has driven a car for decades may accidentally push the gas instead of the brakes when a person runs across the street. A pilot may use the wrong control etc. there are millions of police interactions each year and extremely few weapon mistakes Training, no matter how often or how intense, will never eliminate honest mistakes.

Are you now or have you ever been a cop?

View attachment 564149 1) Article does not list sex of each offender of the 15; only 5.
2) Female offices are 14.8% of all officers yet commit a disproportional amount of negligence per capita.
3) Cherry picking select news articles by bias news sites that hate police and white men is not evidence.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owvsLsmY6DE

I didn’t cherry pick jack shit, I googled it and posted a few of the search results. Go look for yourself then.

WA Police quietly lower fitness standards for recruits to only exclude the ‘shockingly unfit’​

Atlanta police refute claims Mayor Dickens order standards lowered for new recruits​

"A high-ranking department leader called me this week to inform us that he has been instructed by the mayor’s team to lower recruitment and hiring standards, so Mayor Dickens can hire 250 new officers in his first year," Buckhead City CEO Bill White was quoted as saying. "This is a total disaster and could lead to unqualified officers on our streets and put good officers’ lives and the public’s lives at risk. Lowering hiring standards just to make headlines is disgraceful and not what Buckhead or the city of Atlanta needs right now to fight crime."

The Pennsylvania State Police are agreeing to pay more than $2 million into a compensation fund and are changing physical fitness standards to settle a lawsuit over how its trooper hiring practices ruled out otherwise qualified women. The U.S. Justice Department announced the proposed settlement Tuesday of litigation that was launched seven years ago. A federal judge must give her final approval. The state police also has agreed to make it a priority to hire up to 65 women who were affected by the prior fitness standards for entry-level trooper positions. The Justice Department lawsuit claimed that nearly all male recruits met initial physical readiness tests, but about 30% of women failed.​

"The lawsuit said the physical fitness tests that screened out women included standards that were not required to perform a trooper's job duties."

So the only way women can get on the force is by suing and having a female judge declare it"discrimination".

Next time you call a cop I hope you get one of these "diversity" hires.

It’s a training and experience issue, same as it’s always been. Some people (cops) have never been in really stressful situations and their brain just shuts down due to overload. Others on scene that are in control of their own faculties can’t also monitor who else is showing up and how they’re handling the stress while still trying to contain the situation and bring it to a peaceful or at least successful end while trying to not get killed from your own people’s stupidity and the bad guy all at once.

I had a guy at gun point one time who had just tried to cut my throat with razor blades chicken wired to his hand. He missed by inches, I drew on him and began issuing verbal orders for him to get on the ground and drop his weapon (I only saw the flash of blade as he swung at my throat and the sunlight reflecting off of it and thought it was a knife in his hand).

The stress of seeing all this happen up close and fast caused one of the two female officers with me to begin yelling into the radio that “he has a gun!” instead of just breathing and letting me maintain control of what I had. So responding officers start driving like crazy thinking bad guy has a gun and officers are in trouble when he didn’t and we weren’t. The only pistol out was mine.

But instead of processing information and acting accordingly the panic set in and she did the only thing she knew to do, call dispatch for help. Well Dispatch can’t help us right now so stfu and stay off the radio.

The second female officer on scene then proceeded to walk directly in front of my muzzle, which was pointed at bad guys chest, who was still only about 6’ feet away. She completely blocked my view for a split second before I put my hand on her shoulder and physically shoved her the f*** out of the way. I was left having to control both female officers on scene as well as a still unsecured, mentally unstable and armed suspect. He then proceeded to cut his own throat and collapse against a tree.

I don’t know what makes people’s brains turn to mush like that and what doesn’t. They had both been cops for a couple of years, tho still rookies, they should’ve learned by then to control their adrenaline and fall back on training. They didn’t.

We learned who was who on the job, and would have to get on the radio and call off certain responding units if they said they were going to your location and you knew they were unreliable or everything they touch turns to shit. You learn to avoid them and keep them off your scene if you can just to maintain some calm and professionalism.

Men and women alike have this reaction, and there are just as many male cops who are disasters at life and you end up walking past them without speaking a word for years because they’re just bad for business and bad for your own career if you let them f*** up your scene.

I have no answers except some people simply aren’t cut out for it. Once that is determined they should immediately be let go with a ‘thanks for trying but your services are no longer needed here.’ Go turn in your gear. That is the only simple solution I can think of, but it’s next to impossible to get them removed.

Maybe make the probationary period 5 yrs instead of just 1.

I can almost guarantee if you ask some of those officers from the (department) video above they would say that this female was a f***ing walking disaster, a panic factory, and should’ve been let go long before this happened.

I'm a member of three gun clubs and shoot regularly at probably six others, plus infrequently at a couple others. At every club I've shot at, there is at least one if not more SO/RO who shouldn't be in position. They're just not competent. Yet they stay on because ???

Back
Top Bottom