Another winner (allegedly) making us look bad at the worst possible time.

Showing someone your LTC in the context of a disagreement is virtually identical to saying "I have a gun right here" and patting your pocket. That's a completely stupid thing to do, it is a threat.

How about if you show them you DL or your car keys? Does that imply that you're going to run them down?

Anyone have a second to copy and paste the comments.......I can't get them to load on that site.

The question of the day is though, how did the principal know he had an LTC? Why would anyone "whip it out" in a heated argument? Of course, whatever it was, must not be that bad, because otherwise they would have charged him
already. The fact that they're turtling on this, means they're "not sure" or it must have not risen to the level of being
incontrovertibly bad.
according to the comments, the principal accused the son of drawing male genitalia when the child drew a gun from the movie "despicable me" which was shown to the students earlier. the dad whipped out the ltc to demonstrate that he knew the difference between a gun and a penis. principal allegedly replied that both were dangerous and child needed to be medicated.
the comments tell an entirely different story than the article. who knows where the truth lies?

Part 1: Please allow me to do a better job of reporting than the reporter did here. Stratton Elementary has been home to Principal Hanna for the past two years, after Hanna was summarily ousted from Marblehead and passed over at Balmer because of his obsession with student behavior over academic performance. If that sounds like a mischaracterization, then please see here ( http://www.wickedlocal.com/article/20120208/News/302089828 ), where Hanna was clearly let go because he refused to conform to newer, more rigorous academic standards, and also see here ( http://northbridge.dailyvoice.com/schools/two-interviewed-balmer-school-principal-job ), where in Hanna’s own words, he is willing to toss an entire six weeks of academics in favor of ensuring a system of robotic student behavioral compliance. Mr. Goodwin’s son is no different from any other fourth-grade boy. He loves his little brother, Minecraft, and his friends. However, this school year, Hanna has systematically singled out boys at Stratton and urged their parents to have the boys medicated to ensure docile compliance in school. Mr. Goodwin has steadfastly refused to subject his son to addictive, brain-altering medication and has instead on numerous occasions asked his son’s teacher and principal to focus on developing more challenging curriculum for the classroom. To be continued...« less

Part 2: A few weeks ago, Hanna approved a showing of the popular movie “Despicable Me” at Stratton for a whole-family event. On Wednesday, June 4, Mr. Goodwin went to Stratton to pick up his son after dismissal and was playing basketball with his sons and other students when Hanna approached Mr. Goodwin on the basketball court. He gave Mr. Goodwin a sketch his son had drawn in class of a scene from “Despicable Me,” depicting the minions firing ping-pong balls from a gun at each other. Hanna insisted, verbally and off the record, that Mr. Goodwin’s son was drawing penises. He then told Mr. Goodwin that his son was a sexual deviant and threatened Mr. Goodwin, stating that if he did not have his son medicated over the summer, his son would be subject to even harsher disciplinary action in the next school year, retaliatory action in clear violation of federal law. Hanna then abruptly left, and Mr. Goodwin, understandably angry, went to Hanna’s office to confront him there, touching off the “argument” mentioned in the article. Mr. Goodwin explained to Hanna that his son had drawn a sketch from the movie, not a ***, to which Hanna responded that both are the same and that both are dangerous. Mr. Goodwin then showed Hanna his gun license and said that he could tell the difference between a gun and a ***, because he legally owns a gun, which he did not have with him, and the sketch clearly showed an innocent scene from a school-approved movie. To be continued...« less

Part 3: He explicitly told Hanna that he would not medicate his son and that he did not want the issue brought up again but that he did want Hanna’s illegal medical recommendations submitted in writing for documentation purposes. Then, Mr. Goodwin left, and instead of providing written documentation of his illegal actions, Hanna had the police confront Mr. Goodwin the next day (Thursday, June 5) with a no-trespass order barring Mr. Goodwin from school property, insisting that he had felt threatened despite the fact that he had instigated the argument by telling a parent, in full view of all of the students, that his child is a pervert. The police also informed Mr. Goodwin that he was to transfer his son to another public school next year. Mr. Goodwin agreed and was reassured that the issue was settled. On Friday, June 6, however, police showed up at Mr. Goodwin’s residence to confiscate his gun license and the rifle he legally owned. Mr. Goodwin then went to Stratton to withdraw his son and called to have his son brought to him, per the no-trespass order. Hanna took the phone and told Mr. Goodwin that he, Hanna, would try to legally bar his son from leaving, which he was unable to do. To be continued...« less

Part 4: Who is the real perpetrator here? Why is there no investigation of a principal who lacks any medical accreditation and who is hellbent on vengefully forcing parents to medically lobotomizd their children? Why is the headline not about a concerned father trying to protect his son from a wolf-in-pleated-khakis determined to see sexual imagery in children’s doodlings? Why is the article focused on a man who broke no laws but not the educator who has definitively violated federal law and infringed upon children’s civil rights? Yes, Mr. Goodwin has some unusual music videos on YouTube, but he is a music artist, and true artists respond authentically to the ills of society. Why did the reporter not mention the videos where Mr. Goodwin is shown being a loving father to his sons? Please be careful of the “facts” you read in the “news,” because this article is a quintessential example of how journalism has collapsed under the weight of disingenuous clickbait propaganda, and you may unwittingly find yourself its next victim.« less

whickedlocal not reporting the whole story? no way!

NES, jumping to the "oh no we all look bad now" conclusion. Way to be.

There was no need to present the LTC to establish his knowledge of the difference between a piece of the body and a piece of metal. That's where he went wrong.

Holy crapping crap. Totally out of context with him showing the LTCA.......still not a great idea but I get it a little more at this point. He didn't show it as a threat.....just to show the idiot that he knew the difference between a gun and a dick. Wow........this principal.....if all is true......needs to go bye bye. I can only imagine what I would be saying to a principal if he/she told me I had to have my son medicated or my child would be disciplined harshly. OOF!

A few gems that stuck out to me reading the comments...

Hanna has systematically singled out boys at Stratton and urged their parents to have the boys medicated to ensure docile compliance in school...

He then told Mr. Goodwin that his son was a sexual deviant and threatened Mr. Goodwin, stating that if he did not have his son medicated over the summer, his son would be subject to even harsher disciplinary action in the next school year...

Hanna took the phone and told Mr. Goodwin that he, Hanna, would try to legally bar his son from leaving...

If there is any truth to this, I would say this principal is lucky this guy only flashed his LTC, which is pretty gay even if not meant as a threat, and not pummeled him.

Last edited:
Guy acted like a douche, but this quote is crazy

Perhaps.

I'm in a bit of a "give the benefit of the doubt" kind of mood:

An article was written in the Berkshire Eagle about some coworkers successes. They got their names right--but absolutely everything single fact wrong. I'm not talking about exaggeration. I'm not even talking about paraphrasing after an interview. I mean, if it was a truck they wrote that it was a pencil, if it was a robot, they reported it was a basketball.

And I can't imagine that it was an editor's fault for changing facts entirely for the sake of, say, column inches.

(I really do not understand why reporters don't just record onto their cel phone and transcribe what they need later.)

Anyhow...putting quotes around "we just want to make sure everyone feel safe" does not necessarily mean that was anywhere near what was said.

I never heard of the police guarding a school based on a so-called threat, and not end up charging the guy with anything. I believe what is written in the comment section of this article, that he took out his LTC not to make a threat, but to actually show the principal that he knows what a gun is. Or else it doesn't make any sense.

Yeah, there is more to this than the sensationalized article in todays Globe... you have to really look for it to find it online and its funny how this is one of the only articles in that section that don't allow you to post or see comments. There will be no retraction or correction I am sure... and the damage is done to our fight against DeLeo's bill and to this guys reputation.

does anyone know who the comment poster "Faulkner Vonnegut" is and where he gets his info? its the net so he could be someone who was standing there durring the convo, the responding officer who heard everything from both sides or some radom person in kansas who just feels like makeing something up... if its true the principle needs to be brought up on LOTS of charges, included fileing a fake police report and wasting goverment money...

does anyone know who the comment poster "Faulkner Vonnegut" is and where he gets his info? its the net so he could be someone who was standing there durring the convo, the responding officer who heard everything from both sides or some radom person in kansas who just feels like makeing something up... if its true the principle needs to be brought up on LOTS of charges, included fileing a fake police report and wasting goverment money...

Nope, but I give him as much credit as I do the original article.

Next time I get in an argument I am going show them my stop and shop card just to watch them try to figure out WTF I was trying to imply

you trying to say im FAT? thats bullying sir and I dont have to take it anymore... wheres the food anyway? I was told there would be food here...

Next time I get in an argument I am going show them my stop and shop card just to watch them try to figure out WTF I was trying to imply

You're obviously implying he's a Royal A-Hold (parent of Ahold USA, parent of Stop and Shop)
cid2407_AholdUSA-brand_911x405.jpg

I'm curious, wondering if he also picked the absolute wrong principal to mention "gun license" to...?

Principal Michael Hanna...Trooper George Hanna (killed in line of duty, the "Trooper Hanna" award, etc)...

Trooper had a son named Michael...

Anyone take a look at the principals history ? Put simply he's a ****ing douchebag !! This guys got the authoritarian mind set. Thinks he can abuse the law without repercussions.
I'm not saying the guy was right to show his license if it did happen like that. There way more to this than what the papers say.

Last edited:
Anyone take a look at the principals history ? Put simply he's a ****ing douchebag !! This guys got the authoritarian mind set. Thinks he can abuse the law without repercussions.
I'm not saying the guy was right to show his license if it did happen like that. There way more to this than what the papers say.

Now Rancho, that's pretty mean spirited of you. The media ALWAYS reports both sides of ALL gun stories. You know this.

Also, am I the only one surprised the principal, hearing the words "gun license", didn't just twist it to say "He THREATENED me, said he was going home to get the biggest gun he OWNS and was gonna come back and blow my head off.." blah blah.

School principal's word vs. Mass. LTC holder's word? "How's that working out for ya?" ("Hello, Chico's bail bonds? Can you come to Arlington PD and get me outta here?" )

And, while I'm at it, if this guy WAS actually arrested for threatening to kill the principal, who would get released first? This guy, or the scumball who randomly broke into the Arlington home and brutally raped the woman at knifepoint last week...? (I know which outcome I'd wager on!)

Last edited:
So now the town of Arlington selectman/board are gonna tell chief Ryan see this why we need less ltc's issued this is your fault

Back
Top Bottom