Another "what should I build" thread - AR15

not nit picking OP is leaning towards more accurate than a mil spec gov profile barrel that's all. for the most part that's what spikes offers...

True. Although there would be nothing wrong with putting a WO bbl in a Spike upper, I would buy a complete upper with matched bolt. When you are going for accuracy, there is something to be said for craftsmanship and White Oak does it right.

True. Although there would be nothing wrong with putting a WO bbl in a Spike upper, I would buy a complete upper with matched bolt. When you are going for accuracy, there is something to be said for craftsmanship and White Oak does it right.

Absolutely...

not nit picking OP is leaning towards more accurate than a mil spec gov profile barrel that's all. for the most part that's what spikes offers...

Have read that some people have gotten as low as .8" with heavier quality ammo. But I do agree if ur going to dedicate to accuracy, then build it up with a good bolt and barrel.

Whelp, I just pulled the trigger on a White Oak 22" varmint upper.
I liked the RRA Extended Optical Platform receiver option more, but the as-configured price was 40% more expensive than the WOA.
I have a spare Nikon that'll sit on top of it, I like the rise of the M-223 mount so I'll probably go that direction.

Whelp, I just pulled the trigger on a White Oak 22" varmint upper.
I liked the RRA Extended Optical Platform receiver option more, but the as-configured price was 40% more expensive than the WOA.
I have a spare Nikon that'll sit on top of it, I like the rise of the M-223 mount so I'll probably go that direction.

Nice... you could always buy the RRA EOP stripped receiver later. Right now with 18% off sale that's 130$ or so. You can sell the white oak receiver for 75$ or more....oh a side not WOA has M4 receivers that the color is,not to their likes for 60$?
What I like about the AR platform is the endless options.
I,have a vintage Armalite NM A2 receiver itching to be built out. I wish WOA made a 22lr NM kit

Bumping, and adding pics (AG be damned, I have all the pre-7/20 proof I need.)

I had to bail on the Nikon mount, as it simply would not fit on the rail with anything short of hammer blows to seat it. (It was the cheapest, slide-on mount.)
Back to amazon that went, and instead (given the 7/20 shitshow) I opted to go to my LGS to get a Vortex mount.

I chased the paper around with cheap Tula steel at 25 (forgot my laser boresight!,) dialed it in at 50 then 100 with Fiocci brass 55grn from a bulk box, then did this with the pictured match 69s:

attachment.php

Without further ado, my first (and last) AR:

attachment.php

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 115
  • image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 120
Well done.

And never say last! You could move, or Healey's directive could get overturned in court.

As I have said in other context here, and as I have said in my conversations with my Senator and Rep: "I have a six figure salary and a VERY portable skillset."

Moving is absolutely in the cards.

- - - Updated - - -

I plead the 5th, LOL.

Oddly enough, the Fifth Amendment gives us an out from the registration process, now that registration is self-incriminating.

As I have said in other context here, and as I have said in my conversations with my Senator and Rep: "I have a six figure salary and a VERY portable skillset."

Moving is absolutely in the cards.

- - - Updated - - -

Oddly enough, the Fifth Amendment gives us an out from the registration process, now that registration is self-incriminating.
Yep, that is what I was alluding to.

Well, it's a keeper.

100 yards, 55grn Fiocchi cheap "range box" ammo:

attachment.php

And green-box UMC "value pack" 55grn:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1299.JPG
    IMG_1299.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1300.JPG
    IMG_1300.JPG