ANOTHER WALMART SHOOTING

SFC13557

NES Member
"
Multiple people were killed after a shooting at a Walmart store in Oklahoma on Monday, according to officials.
The Oklahoma Highway Patrol told Fox affiliate KOKH FOX 25 the shooting happened at a Walmart in Duncan, located roughly 75 miles south of the state capital of Oklahoma City.

At least three people were killed in the shooting, officials told FOX25. It was not yet clear how many were injured."

boyfriend shot his ex, the new boyfriend, and then committed suicide. There was never a threat to the general public. What "WalMart" has to do with it is beyond me, other than the mere coincidence that the murder/suicide happened in their parking lot.

If he'd stabbed them to death, nobody outside that town would know or care. But because he SHOT THEM, it made national news. Ridiculous.

This one was stopped by the:

mom's demand "good guy with a gun is a myth"

Gunman 'shoots a man and a woman dead in the parking lot of an Oklahoma Walmart, then turns the gun on himself when an armed bystander confronts him'

• Police said at least two people have been killed in a shooting Monday morning
  • The shooting occurred at the Walmart in Duncan, Oklahoma, just before 10am
  • Duncan police officers said the three dead include two men and a woman
  • A witness has claimed that the shooter fired nine rounds, killing the two victims
  • When gunman was confronted by armed citizen, he turned the gun on himself
  • Aerial video shows cops investigating red vehicle with bullet holes on windshield
  • Investigation into what motivated the attack is ongoing, according to police
  • Shooting comes months after gunman killed 22 people in a Walmart in El, Paso
  • In wake of that shooting, along with an Ohio shooting, Walmart announced that customers would be banned from openly carrying firearms inside its stores
  • Oklahoma attack also comes just hours after 4 were killed in Fresno, California

A gunman shot and killed a man and a woman in a Walmart parking lot in Oklahoma before turning the gun on himself when an armed citizen intervened.

According to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, a man wearing all black opened fire outside the supercenter in Duncan, which is located at 3393 North 81 Highway. Duncan is about 80 miles south of Oklahoma City.

Officers from the Duncan Police Department said the three dead include two men and a woman. One man and the woman were found dead inside their car.

Family members at the scene say the shooting was sparked by a domestic dispute between a husband and wife, but didn't go into further details.

According to local KOCO News, a witness claimed that the shooter fired nine rounds into the car, killing the two victims.

When the gunman was confronted by an armed citizen, he then turned the gun on himself.

Shots rang out at the Walmart just before 10am Monday morning, and authorities responded to the scene a short time later.

Aerial footage from Reuters shows police cordoning off a large area of the parking lot.

Police are also seen looking at a red vehicle that appears to have multiple bullet holes in the windshield. A handgun was found at the scene.

No staff members were involved in the shooting and the store was not evacuated, Walmart spokeswoman LeMia Jenkins said in an email.

'This was an isolated incident in the parking lot and was not an active shooter situation,' Jenkins said.

Walmart representatives said in the statement that they are referring all additional questions to law enforcement because it's still an 'active police investigation'.

A body is seen lying next to the vehicle at the crime scene under the sheet.

During the shooting, administrators for the Duncan Public School placed local schools on lockdown and alerted parents.

'Duncan Public Schools is aware of the report of a shooting at Duncan Wal-Mart,' officials initially wrote.

'As always we are taking every precaution to protect our staff and students. At this time all schools are in lockdown due to this report. Schools will operate as normal, but visitors will not be admitted until police report it is safe.'

The lockdown was lifted just before 11.30am.

State Representative Forrest Bennet tweeted about the shooting: 'The closer it is, the more it hurts. Duncan once again suffers from gun violence.

'I’ll be thinking of the victims & their families and, as we learn more about the motivation of the shooter, looking for ways to prevent this from happening again.'

Monday's shooting comes just hours after four people were shot dead in Fresno, California.

Police are searching for suspects and trying to determine a motive for the shooting deaths of four men who were at a backyard party.

Six others were wounded during the shooting as they watched football on TV.

Fresno Police Lt Bill Dooley said 'unknown suspects' sneaked into the backyard at about 6pm Sunday and fired into the crowd.

Fresno Deputy Police Chief Michael Reid said 10 people were shot. Three were found dead in the backyard and a fourth person died at the hospital. The six others are expected to survive and are recovering at a hospital.

The victims were men ranging in age from 25 to 35, Reid said.

The Oklahoma shooting also comes just months after a gunman opened fire inside a Walmart in El, Paso, Texas, killing 22 people.

In the wake of that shooting which occurred in August, along with an Ohio shooting that happened within 24 hours of one another, Walmart announced that ammunition for assault rifles and handguns would no longer be sold in its 4,177 stores.

At the time, the company also announced that customers would be banned from openly carrying firearms inside its stores.

In the case of the recent shooting, Oklahoma has long been an 'open' or 'concealed' carry state, allowing most adults to carry guns openly without a permit as long as they have a 'legitimate purpose and aren't violating other laws'.

As of November 1, 2019, Oklahoma became even more gun friendly by passing a law to eliminate the license requirement for carrying concealed handguns.

• Shooting comes months after gunman killed 22 people in a Walmart in El, Paso
  • In wake of that shooting, along with an Ohio shooting, Walmart announced that customers would be banned from openly carrying firearms inside its stores
  • Oklahoma attack also comes just hours after 4 were killed in Fresno, California

I like how they threw that in there to push things along

FBI classed mass killings as 4+ shot in same locale, by the same person(s) and on same date, excluding gang and intra-family/domestic violence, primarily to address profiling and investigation. The minimum to be a mass killing/shooting in any “database” (Mother Jones, Gun Violence Archive, Mass Shooting Tracker, Stanford Database) is three fatal/injured excluding the shooter, so this one doesn’t enter these records. Congress changed the FBI definition in 2013 from 4 to 3 killed to allow Federal intervention in more events. Again, for profiling and investigation purposes.

Profiling, investigation and prevention are totally different from response. Having a gun right there, right now, remains the only way such a limited shooting event like OK Walmart doesn’t expand to become a new one for the record books, and to stop planned/unplanned mass killings once started. Knowing that there are guns there, right now, that you can and cannot see, is part of prevention - the biggest part today and in the foreseeable future.

I have seen a quote from Voltaire “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities” and think this describes the liberal, left, Democrat position on gun control. Gun-Free Zones are *absurd* outside secure areas with hard perimeters, secure entrances/exits, body/carry manual & electronic search and armed security. Gun-Free Zones are the soft targets attacked in 90%+ of mass killings in 50+ years. And the media collide with Democrats (now a synonym for gun control extremists) to convince moderates and left-leaning voters and politicians that more restrictive gun laws will reduce crime.

”Blood on their hands” is an accusation thrown at NRA, “gun nuts”, and gun owners by those who spout the absurdities that result in continued atrocities facilitated by senseless gun laws and restrictions. They must be stopped and otherwise ignored, as we hear about more often as communities and law enforcement refuse to enforce such absurdities on the populace.

In the wake of that shooting which occurred in August, along with an Ohio shooting that happened within 24 hours of one another, Walmart announced that ammunition for assault rifles and handguns would no longer be sold in its 4,177 stores.
Interesting, because this past weekend I walked in the Framingham Walmart (I didnt buy anything) and they had a lot of ammo.

Not a single one of those bullets shot itself and tried to kill me.

Not going to lie, my first assumption was that this shooting was due to the Impeachment Hearings not making much headway this week. Just another domestic.

Although perhaps that's why a domestic made national news.

A lot of liberals love to bring up Walmart every time something bad happens there. It's classism. Another example: that "People of Walmart" website.
Hey, I’m pretty low class myself, but I LOVE me some people of Walmart!!!

Back
Top Bottom