Another Useful Idiot-Gun Buyback Worcester

Enzo

NES Member
Video from the Worcester gun buyback of the owner of City Welding that volunteered to crush the guns brought in.
Maybe instead of Cooch on his jacket, it should say Chooch....

Video from the Worcester gun buyback of the owner of City Welding that volunteered to crush the guns brought in.

Glad you posted that. I work for one of Worcester's largest employers and can lobby for any welding work to go to someone other than City Welding.

That said, that revolver looks like the usual POS $40 junk gun that someone would list for $900 on our classifieds. [laugh]

IMG_6106.JPG

Looks like a few other towns were involved. A big + for a boycott of City W&F, they certainly had no business getting involved in this!

I feel so much safer....

I saw an ad for a buyback in maybe NC or Virginia recently, where they were offering $25 for high cap mags. Not applicable to you MA folk, but in free states you could bankrupt them. Grab $10 PMAGs and more than double your money. I can only imagine the smirk I'd crack after they hand over the money when I explained to them I was going to use the money to go buy even more high cap mags.

Last edited:
I’m waiting for a buyback near me that has the standard $50 or $100 for handguns. I’ve got an old Iver Johnson in 32 short that could go. I figure it’s worth about $25 as local gun shops have them @ $50

Wish I had an ffl so I could hold a sign up across the street “We buy guns!”, “We pay more!”

Provided they’re not junk goods of course ;)

I’m waiting for a buyback near me that has the standard $50 or $100 for handguns. I’ve got an old Iver Johnson in 32 short that could go. I figure it’s worth about $25 as local gun shops have them @ $50
Don’t even go. A picture of a line at their event is more valuable to them than an extra $25 is to you.

We could call it a performance art service project: Modern Arts and Crafts for the Second Amendment.
Subtlitle: Using the First Amendment protected speech to defend the Second Amendment from continuing to go unprotected.

I think it might be fun to go to HomeDepot and Lowes, and price out the parts that it would take to make the lowest cost/lowest effort gun that would qualify for one of these programs, and keep selling it to them. Like, everybody brings however many they will buy (one per customer, limit 5, whatever). Usually it just has to 'be capable of firing', right?

By that standard, a 3/4" ID black pipe, pipe cap, finishing nail for a firing pin.
Drill a hole in the cap in the middle.
Point in a safe direction,
load shotshell from the back,
screw on cap
hit nail with hammer with a long handle
Boom
$$

Does it need a trigger?
Same, but crazy-glue a compression spring to nail and cap.
Trigger and trigger bar made out of popsicle sticks on a screw with one end of sticks acting as a sear that lets the spring go forward when moved
Point in a safe direction,
load,
pull trigger
Boom
$$

Do they need to be magazine-fired?
Crazyglue a 3" loading ramp onto cap (so it fits inside the barrel when cap is on)
Buy a magazine - Time or People is fine - fold squareish, load up with shells, duck tape top, leave bottom open so its behind cap a little.
When cap is removed, catch next shell on ramp, push forward. As above.
As above
Boom
$$

How about an illegal automatic firing device, made completely from bent straws and rubber bands (and maybe a spring, although I think maybe the straws would work)?
I originally had this as Popsicle sticks and a spring which was held on from around the back of the pistol grip.
But, since people are especially in horror of straws today, and finally we can get a fully strawtomatic gun, words which have probably never been written before in that combination.
Like, with a light enough trigger, each straw would unbend to flick the trigger. One pull of your finger starts the straws hitting the trigger.

Don’t even go. A picture of a line at their event is more valuable to them than an extra $25 is to you.

There's also the fact that they'll look at the crate of pmags and either go: "here's your single $25 walmart gift card," or "get the f*** out of here." Crap shoot either way, but they're not gonna actually pay per mag if you bring em in bulk.

Totally on board except for this line - had to FIFY:

ACQUIRE a magazine FROM THE WAITING ROOM OF A LEFTIST ESTABLISHMENT SUCH AS YOUR LOCAL PLANNED PARENTHOOD OFFICE - Time or People is fine - fold squareish, load up with shells, duck tape top, leave bottom open so its behind cap a little.

Is this supposed to be a SAFETY INITIATIVE? Because, you know, he's not wearing goggles. I guess this wasn't about ACTUAL SAFETY after all.

Last edited:
What kind of idiot crushes metallic object of any kind in a hydraulic press and does not wear safety glasses?????

Back
Top Bottom