Another toy gun story

Devils Paintbrush

NES Member
Classic Karen story about a kid that has his new favorite toy visible during a online Zoom meeting.

Someone gets "uncomfortable" seeing a toy guy on video calls cops...lecture ensues. Laughable that the home owner has to explain they don't even own real guns.

Toy gun

All guns have now become evil just by their appearance as well as their owners.

Second example is a new movie called Blood money with Tom Berenger.

He is a hunter in northern Maine. Thought it might be good, not so much.

Typical negative stereotypes of gun owners in this one.

1. Old white guy
2. Military Vet
3. Recovering Alcoholic
4. Unethical hunter
5. Fires without being sure of his target
6. Smoker
7. Homeless, lives in RV

Pretty typical Hollywood portrayal of gun owners in general. No longer a fan of movies and their view of gun owners.
I realize this is pretty common these days, but I still hate seeing this message pushed constantly.
Not knocking on smokers by the way. I respect their right to smoke.

Last edited:
I could never understand why my sister went ape-shit when a cousin of ours gave my then-5 year old nephew a toy gun. I realize she doesn't like guns - never has and never will - but it's a damned toy. If I recall correctly, it only took those snap caps in a circular ring (toy was a revolver). There was literally no projectiles associated with the toy.

Oh well. Back when this C19 crap started, I told her this was the wrong house to come to to try and steal TP.

Funny! Walking this morning I went by a house with a box of toy guns in it with a sign, "free". Don't believe all were Mass. compliant. 911 keeps hanging up on me.

My 9 year old has an airsoft thst looks like an AR-15.
He and his brothers also had me paint their nerf dart guns to look like sniper rifles (they were all orange and bright green). I did leave about 3/4" orange on the barrel tips tho.

Mrs. Smith's husband tried to explain to the officer that there were no guns in the house - other than the toy gun that their son had received.

"He essentially lectured us on child safety and the fact that our children are too young to interact with any guns and weapons," she said.

The officer said it did not matter that it was a toy gun and he continued to lecture the couple.
Am I being detained? No? Then please get off property, you're trespassing.

When a Nancy busts on you for letting your kid have a toy gun, you should tell them it's very important to desensitize children to empathy and violence at an early age. Use your soft, reasonable voice and earnest, Alex Trebek face for maximum result.

My son is six he has toy guns. He doesn't know Dad has guns. He was at the shop with me once when I put a deposit on a shotgun. Went back the next day to pick it up. He did say to me once you have a shotgun dad. I told him no I don't I never purchased it. He cant shoot at my club till he is 8 so I figured no need to let him in on the secret yet. He's definitely going to be a gun guy though loves the outdoors Archery and Fishing.

My nephew has a few things that resemble guns same age. In-laws are very anti-gun. They believe only the police should have them. They are referred to as Blasters in his house.

Exactly. Cops that like to lecture people are the same ones that walk around their small towns with their polo collar popped up wearing pink shorts and think that everyone around them has this great and profound respect for them as they float on air across the street secretly hoping everyone recognizes their human perfection.

f*** off with your self righteous lecture, it’s 100% out of their purview. And stay TF away from my kids, cop or no cop, that’s my job as a parent and I’ll handle it accordingly.

These folks should file a complaint with the CoP. Might not go anywhere but it’ll still make some people squirm.

My kiddo has had his LTC-toy for years.

DD0598B5-720D-480B-9428-2856B4591778.jpeg

I’ve explained to him that “not everyone likes guns” and the toys are my litmus test for when he is ready to know dad owns “grand dad’s old .22” or a shotgun for hunting. He’s recently graduated to the BB gun in the backyard. Once the ranges reopen it will be his choice if he wants to go shooting for realz. Even still, he needs to prove to me he can keep his yap shut first and foremost. Worse than a toy in the background on a Zoom call is him blabbering about real guns in the house.

1. demonstrate you can keep your mouth shut.

2.,demonstrate you can handle them responsibly (under supervision)

3. demonstrate interest

In my house, we’re just not fully there yet. So I’m good with him still being a kid for now...

473EADEB-7BF6-48DD-8DFF-5B3914E62962.jpeg
(photo is a couple of years old)

We started gun safety as soon as my son got nerf and water guns.

He’s been great on the range and is a stickler for following the safety rules. He’ll even remind me to put on my ears before I get out of the truck.

My daughter is 5, almost 6 and doesnt know about guns yet. 17yo libtard daughter knows about guns, but thinks only police should have them.

We recently got a nerf gun, so I'm working on basics with her on that.

My son is six he has toy guns. He doesn't know Dad has guns. He was at the shop with me once when I put a deposit on a shotgun. Went back the next day to pick it up. He did say to me once you have a shotgun dad. I told him no I don't I never purchased it. He cant shoot at my club till he is 8 so I figured no need to let him in on the secret yet. He's definitely going to be a gun guy though loves the outdoors Archery and Fishing.

My nephew has a few things that resemble guns same age. In-laws are very anti-gun. They believe only the police should have them. They are referred to as Blasters in his house.

I wouldn't wait that long.

I started Eddie eagle drillls with my 6 year old when he was 3.

Worth looking up Cornered Cat s blog. Good training there. 45acp in a fanny pack.

1. Old white guy
3. Recovering Alcoholic
4. Unethical hunter
6. Smoker
7. Homeless, lives in RV

Pretty typical Hollywood portrayal of gun owners in general.

In the movie does he perform half-assed polygraphs and ruin other people’s threads?

I miss the old days, when every single boy on the block and probably the entire US had at least a set of toy pistols and a toy rifle under the tree every xmas. And then they’d all run around the house or neighborhood shooting every person in sight, and they’d all play along with him as he roamed off somewhere else looking for potential cowboy outlaws, Indians or bank robbers that needed killin.
Jesus we’ve fallen a long way in a very short time.

Liberals dont think that way, they are more like "here officer, perform a cavity search while you are searching my house, I have nothing to hide. If you want, you can f*ck my wife while you are at it".

Classic Karen story about a kid that has his new favorite toy visible during a online Zoom meeting.

Someone gets "uncomfortable" seeing a toy guy on video calls cops...lecture ensues. Laughable that the home owner has to explain they don't even own real guns.

Toy gun

1. Old white guy
2. Military Vet
3. Recovering Alcoholic
4. Unethical hunter
6. Smoker
7. Homeless, lives in RV

Pretty typical Hollywood portrayal of gun owners in general. No longer a fan of movies and their view of gun owners.
I realize this is pretty common these days, but I still hate seeing this message pushed constantly.

But Hollywood couldn’t make 90% of their movies without glamorizing guns.

I had to explain to my 8 year old to NEVER talk about guns to his friends and think it is cool because if they tell their parents, there will be no more play dates because most people are terrified of guns. This was pre-lockdown of course. There was a proud Dad moment where he said, "guns don't magically shoot people on its own!"

At the moment, he can care less about dad's "stuff" however if someone asks, he can tell you exactly how to safely handle a firearm. Me and the wife made sure gun safety was drilled into him VERY early.

If some cop felt the need to lecture us about how to raise our kid, the conversation would not go well.

I could never understand why my sister went ape-shit when a cousin of ours gave my then-5 year old nephew a toy gun. I realize she doesn't like guns - never has and never will - but it's a damned toy. If I recall correctly, it only took those snap caps in a circular ring (toy was a revolver). There was literally no projectiles associated with the toy.

Oh well. Back when this C19 crap started, I told her this was the wrong house to come to to try and steal TP.
She must have been flabbergasted.

My 5 year old keeps his toy M4 by his bedside. My 8 year old has her red Ryder hung above her bed. They both love shooting, my son more so.

My wife was a bit nervous when I took my 10yr old son out to shoot a 22lr bolt rifle. She really didn’t want to know when I took him out to shoot an AR-15. Now that he’s in the 82nd Army Airborne Red Falcons, he’s the designated fire team Grenadier. She saw his pic with an M4/M320A1, loaded out with 6x30rd 5.56 and 20rd 40mm grenade bandolier, and said - don’t they have any bigger guns he can shoot?

Toy gun

1. Old white guy
2. Military Vet
3. Recovering Alcoholic
4. Unethical hunter
6. Smoker
7. Homeless, lives in RV

My older daughter got her first real gun, a bolt-action Savage .22 rifle, at age 6. Now 8, she just received a stainless 10/22. Little Jill passed the Savage down to her sister, Lexi, who just turned 6. If some "Karen" wants to give us any grief about it, she is just wasting her time. We believe in our 2A rights and exercise them.

My older daughter got her first real gun, a bolt-action Savage .22 rifle, at age 6. Now 8, she just received a stainless 10/22. Little Jill passed the Savage down to her sister, Lexi, who just turned 6. If some "Karen" wants to give us any grief about it, she is just wasting her time. We believe in our 2A rights and exercise them.
If I had the availability to teach him, I would probably introduce him now. Unfortunately my club does not allow children on the range under eight.

I took my son for a Doctors visit years ago, he had to be around 8 years old at the time.

The Doctor asked him if there were any guns at home? My son looked at me, I looked at the Doc and said not as far as either one of you know.

Too many people can't mind their own business.

Back
Top Bottom